DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I like the idea of Sheamus beating Daniel Bryan in 17 seconds for a big troll job. Maybe have the bell ring Cult of Personality plays AJ skips out and BOOM Brogue Kick

This would be really funny, but it would also ruin the rest of the show, so I doubt they'll do something like this. 

I like the idea of Sheamus beating Daniel Bryan in 17 seconds for a big troll job. Maybe have the bell ring Cult of Personality plays AJ skips out and BOOM Brogue Kick

This would be really funny, but it would also ruin the rest of the show, so I doubt they'll do something like this.

They seem intent on that anyway.

Apparently my Wrestlemania is going to be February 11th.

I am so excited for the next NXT major event, though making Zayn/Owens non-title really telegraphs what the ending to that match will be. 

True but i loved how Regal explained Why he wasnt going to just give Owen's a title shot just because...

I cant wait for Austins Podcast with Hunter after what happeneded last night. Im sure he wont be as easy on Hunter as he was with Vince

Good thing that Bryan and Ambrose will remain over regardless of whatever shitty booking they're stuck with. For anyone else, I think being stuck with Big Show and Kane is a kiss of death. At this stage, I don't see people caring about Show & Kane unless they were set on fire.

I actually like the idea of a Cena vs Rusev US Title match. I think it would increase the value of the US Title in the fans eyes, and if they were smart they could have some promos from Cena about how winning the US Title at Wrestlemania in 2004 truly started him on the path for his success and it makes him sick to see the championship he coveted years ago held hostage by a Russian using it as a political paen.

I met this incredible girl last week at a concert- smart, hot, funny, smokes weed- and finally ended up taking her out last night. While we were hangin at the bar, she pulls out her phone, and says to me "Sorry, I just need to text my friend quick, she's a little upset over something that happened at work."

"Oh, no, what happened?"

"Well, she and her boyfriend are going to see wrestling tomorrow in Hartford, and she really, REALLY likes this one guy who has a huge red beard and wears this weird goat mask. Anyway, she ordered one online and someone accidentally threw the box out in the break room."

She eventually found it, so the story has a happy ending-- well, other than Raw being snowed out. But I just wanted you guys to know that there are indeed Erick Rowan fans in the world-- and they are 4'10 Columbian girls from backwoods Connecticut.

I met this incredible girl last week at a concert- smart, hot, funny, smokes weed- and finally ended up taking her out last night. While we were hangin at the bar, she pulls out her phone, and says to me "Sorry, I just need to text my friend quick, she's a little upset over something that happened at work."

"Oh, no, what happened?"

"Well, she and her boyfriend are going to see wrestling tomorrow in Hartford, and she really, REALLY likes this one guy who has a huge red beard and wears this weird goat mask. Anyway, she ordered one online and someone accidentally threw the box out in the break room."

She eventually found it, so the story has a happy ending-- well, other than Raw being snowed out. But I just wanted you guys to know that there are indeed Erick Rowan fans in the world

Dude, did you resist your natural urge to scream OH MY GOD THAT"S ERIK ROWAN ISN"T HE AWESOME!!!! realizing just in time that the girl you're talking to right now is not the one that ordered a Rowan mask, but her friend that thinks it's fucking weird?

I hope so.

"Oh, no, what happened?"

She eventually found it, so the story has a happy ending-- well, other than Raw being snowed out. But I just wanted you guys to know that there are indeed Erick Rowan fans in the world-- and they are 4'10 Columbian girls from backwoods Connecticut.

Did you let her believe you didn't know who Rowan was, you fucking sell-out?

• Like 10

"Oh, no, what happened?"

The correct thing, given that she sounds pretty cool, is to play it half way:

"Oh, yeah.  Red haired guy who was like some kind of hillbilly phsyco guy or something.  I think I saw that on twitter.  Pretty funny huh?"

I just admit to being a wrestling fan right off the bat. If things work out, it's going to come out anyway. It can also work out well for you. I was hitting on a girl at a bar once, somehow it came up, she mentioned that she was a CM Punk fan so we went back to my place, watched Punk/Cena from MITB 2011 and then had sex.

• Like 8

"Oh, no, what happened?"

You didn't correct her and tell her it's a sheep mask?

• Like 1

"Oh, no, what happened?"

Bad move.  Worse move, blurting out "I COULD LEND HER ONE OF MINE!  JUST NOT THE SIGNED ONE!"

• Like 3

"Oh, no, what happened?"

Bad move. Worse move, blurting out "I COULD LEND HER ONE OF MINE! JUST NOT THE SIGNED ONE!"
Depends on the girl. I showed my fiancee the first Wyatt vignette that aired on Raw. She knows I became a funeral director because of the Undertaker. My fiancee used to read comic books as a kid. True love means accepting your partner's quirky interests and making fun of them for it.

I just admit to being a wrestling fan right off the bat. If things work out, it's going to come out anyway. It can also work out well for you. I was hitting on a girl at a bar once, somehow it came up, she mentioned that she was a CM Punk fan so we went back to my place, watched Punk/Cena from MITB 2011 and then had sex.

And then you did your "five moves of doom" and she complained about the predictable finish.

• Like 6

All valid points, however I considered all possibilities and went with "Oh yeah, I know that guy. I watch with my little brother. He's in a gang with another guy who wears a Hawaiian shirt. I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be like DeNiro's character from Cape Fear." A safe transition, with a non-wrestling pop culture reference, while still testing those Wyatt Family waters.

I always let people know I'm a wrestling fan. There are far worse things out there in this world. I'm not ashamed. Plus, more and more women are watching Total Divas. Instant conversation starter. I know a few already and it's always funny to hear their take on like a Natalya or Paige.