DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I can't believe they even released that game. And that's post-patch install!

I still play THPS and THPS2 on Dreamcast and even THPS2X on OG Xbox occasionally, but I checked out on the series around THPS3. It's sad to see a once great series reduced to an abomination like that.

On another note, I found a reason to own a Wii, and that reason is Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

What THPS needs to be: at its core, the classic game, but with beautiful graphics and modern touches that meld the old with the new. Think Mario 3D World.

What Activision is capable of: vomit on a Bluray.

So I was bored enough to pop in this PS4 Infamous game.  First thing it does is blind me with that stupid controller light.  So I get underneath a blanket.  Then, after I'm settling in for a long winters nap, the first thing it has you do is turn the controller sideways and shake it.  Then you kind of awkwardly aim it like you're helping one of those moonie dolls take a beer piss.  Then it had to install more right in the middle of gameplay.  This is with the disc version that I assumed was "updated and installed". I had to eject the disc to jiggle th' handle. Then I killed a bunch of those drones.  Then I figured out that I could kill cars to get smoke power. Then I killed a bunch of buskers.  Then I kept trying to kill those giant RVs and kept dying a bunch 'cause I was impatient and ready for bed. Stupid touchpad holding shit is going to get my gall goin'. Bad guys are still never-ending obdurate little yapping dogs that shoot you from a half mile away.

Alberto Del Rio is his brother.

Is there going to be a DVDVR community on PSN? Just curious. I probably don't play most of the games that y'all do anyway, at least multi, but I'd still be interested. 

Kitty Pryde hits Marvel Heroes tomorrow (I have the Splinters to buy her, so I probably will on Sat when I actually have time to play.) Haven't really touched the game in a month or so; it remains a fun diversion that I'm unwilling to invest time and money in to the extent I'd have to in order to raid or get into the Cosmic zones, so I'm in that weird zone of too frequent to be casual, too casual to be hardcore.

Gave up on my no-saves run of MGS3 Vita after losing 4 times to the End and deciding I wanted to play SotN on said Vita (as mentioned the other day).

Finally jumped into the Rainbox Six beta tonight (and recorded it, so you'll see it soon, but I got 2 more videos of higher priority). I really enjoyed it. Especially Terrorist Hunt.

But I don't think it'll do well, due to the timing of release around too many other big games, and the lack of campaign. If I can find it for around $40 in early 2016, I'll probably pick it up.