DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Holy shit. Wouldn't be hilarious if that became the impetus for Cena turning. Like, all it took was being partnered with Sting for Cena to turn heel?

As long as we get a backstage segment prior to the turn of Cena shooting the shit with Luger and Flair first

We can post our hopes and dreams but I don't see any way that Reigns is booked in the title match and does not walk out as champion.  Vince strongly believes he is the guy and he is not going to budge on this. It's a very different scenario from Orton vs. Batista.  They could afford to have Batista turn heel and take a couple losses. Vince probably didn't like it but at the end of the day Batista was a part time talent. Vince is not going to shit on his future by having Reigns lose.

As for Cena/Rusev. It's a match that I have wanted to see for a long time but it will reek of Cena/Wyatt. Bray never really recovered from taking a loss to Cena in that spot and I think Rusev is probably going to be hurt as well. Is there a way that Rusev can't be hurt in this spot? Maybe, but I think we'll have a pretty decisive Cena win and it won't help anyone going forward.

It's the nowadays unstoppable force vs the unmovable object.  Sting's partners always turn on him, but Cena can only be a face.  If you put the two of them in a team together, the space time continuum goes up in smoke.

Seriously though, Cena/Sting vs the Authority makes the most sense.  It's highly unlikely that Sting has it in him to pull off a decent solo match so teaming him up with other faces is the best way to go. If Cena is preoccupied with Russev then you could team Sting with a returning Orton or even throw Ziggler into the mix against HHH, Kane and/or Big Show.

• Like 1

It's the nowadays unstoppable force vs the unmovable object.  Sting's partners always turn on him, but Cena can only be a face.  If you put the two of them in a team together, the space time continuum goes up in smoke.

Seriously though, Cena/Sting vs the Authority makes the most sense.  It's highly unlikely that Sting has it in him to pull off a decent solo match so teaming him up with other faces is the best way to go. If Cena is preoccupied with Russev then you could team Sting with a returning Orton or even throw Ziggler into the mix against HHH, Kane and/or Big Show.

I completely agree that the Sting match should be a tag, but I don't think they'll walk away from that one big WWE match for Sting, and that's got to be a singles deal. 

Reigns vs Lesnar 

Reigns wins, Rollins cashes in afterward and takes the title

Cena/Sting/Orton vs HHH/Kane/Show 

Cena/Sting/Orton win

Bryan vs Rock (set up a Rock heel turn by having him tell Bryan he had his chance and failed, etc)

Bryan beats Rock cleanly

Undertaker vs Wyatt

Taker wins, re-formed Wyatt family comes out and "destroys" him afterwards

Ryback vs Ambrose vs Barrett vs Rusev - IC and US titles both on the line

Ambrose pins Barrett and wins the IC title

Ziggler vs Rollins

Rollins wins in the match of the night

Usos vs Miz/Mizdow vs Goldust/Stardust vs Lucha Dragons

Usos win, dance with their dad in the ring afterwards

Ascension vs some legends

Maybe some kind of gauntlet match or something. Anyway Ascension win.

Divas filler

Andre battle royal

Either Sheamus, Cesaro or Harper win

The Ascension, Divas and battle royal don't need to go for that long. Plenty of time for 10 matches if you keep them short and don't open the show with a 20 minute promo

Who do you have Sting/Taker tag AGAINST though that they wouldn't be expected to mow over? Wyatt and Harper?

Kane and the Big Show, obviously

Christ I didn't even think of that. I am shamed.

Um, it wouldn't it make more sense for it to be Triple H/Kane vs. Sting/Undertaker? Since they're clearly building towards something involving HHH and Sting at 'Mania. What, Haitch gets a confrontation at Fast Lane and just lets fucking Kane and Big Show wrestle him on the biggest stage? Riiiiight.

So I never watched any of Sting in TNA. Is he unable to really wrestle a singles match? I ask because if not there is pretty much no chance in hell Sting's match is tag. During a press conference for WWE 2K15 last year Sting made it pretty apparent that his dream matches were against HHH and Taker. He really didn't seem interested in anything else.