DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NCAAF - THE PLAYOFFS! (and Bowls)

Dolfan in NYC

It seems like the SEC have collectively become the New York Yankees of college football. I honestly find the B1G less likable. 

They may be less likeable it is really hard to hate someone when you hardly notice them to begin with.   Unlike the SEC which is almost impossible to avoid

If the SEC is the Yankees then what are teams like Oregon?   A team that has very good to elite for a long period of time and are still a blip on the radar

Still some time here but holy shit was pretty much everyone wrong including me about Ohio St. and the B1G this year.  It will be interesting to see what the preseason rankings look like. SEC might not deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

So is the SEC going to become the Big East of the NCAA Football tournament?

As long as UConn wins it all.

So yeah we all picked Oregon vs. Ohio State for the Gold Pen Holder Trophy right?

I know who didn't: ESPN. This has to be their worst possible scenario.

Bama vs. either Oregon or FSU is a dream matchup.

Florida State vs. Ohio State at least would've had the great heel in Jameis and the drama of whether OSU could stop him from going out undefeated.

Oregon vs. Ohio State is just, like, another good football game, I guess.

It seems like the SEC have collectively become the New York Yankees of college football. I honestly find the B1G less likable. 

They may be less likeable it is really hard to hate someone when you hardly notice them to begin with.   Unlike the SEC which is almost impossible to avoid

If the SEC is the Yankees then what are teams like Oregon?   A team that has very good to elite for a long period of time and are still a blip on the radar

The Atlanta Braves?

Also, if Ohio State wins the National Championship, their title should clearly have an asterisk because we all heard that the B1G was disqualified from the playoff after Week 2.

• Like 1

I legit have Michigan State fans on my Facebook feed celebrating this win. What a confusing bunch of folks.  

It's not really confined to that bunch though.  I've seen Texas fans crowing today that Bama's loss means Texas was better than A&M this year.  Those kind of people can manage to make just about any result support their narrative.

The Atlanta Braves?

Also, if Ohio State wins the National Championship, their title should clearly have an asterisk because we all heard that the B1G was disqualified from the playoff after Week 2.

Did anybody ever formally add an asterisk to Ohio State's '02 National Title that was completely gifted off of a bogus phantom pass interference call? I mean to emphasize just how bogus that call was all anybody needs to do is consider that similar pass in the same scenario the refs swallowed their whistles on in the recent Ravens/9ers Super Bowl because they didn't want the game to be possibly decided on such a ticky tack snap judgment call. And that was actually a relatively close call.

Speaking of that particular season, now that we've just witnessed the last team in oust the top seed in the first season of college football's Final Four; would that '02 2-loss USC team have made a hypothetical Final Four field? They were clearly playing the best out of anybody by the end of that season so besides all the embarrassing split National Champions that would've been avoided, I think we're going to start looking back at all the possible hot teams that could've snuck into a Final Four and ultimately emerged as the National Champs.

People are treating this like SEC vs the world right now.  Especially given that the 4 letter network is riding their college football money on the SEC Conference and almost nothing else

That's partly true, but everyone is making money off the SEC.  CBS still has the best SEC games every Saturday.  And ESPN is diverse in who can be their cash cow.