DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

Guys, it's not even halftime and 17 points isn't really that big of a lead. I don't understand the gripe.

The gripe is that Philly is clearly dominating this game on all fronts, and there's no reason that you wouldn't play field position against a completely ineffective offense except that you lack class.

Someone has a case of the sads.  If it was the fourth quarter we would have a different story but it is only the second quarter.

Guys, it's not even halftime and 17 points isn't really that big of a lead. I don't understand the gripe.

The gripe is that Philly is clearly dominating this game on all fronts, and there's no reason that you wouldn't play field position against a completely ineffective offense except that you lack class.

Someone has a case of the sads. If it was the fourth quarter we would have a different story but it is only the second quarter.

You punt it, it goes in the end zone and you only get a net of twenty yards. Going for it is the right call and class has nothing to do with it. The Panthers offense being garbage is why you go for it.

• Like 1

You can definitely make a case for Young's 1992 was the best season by a QB ever (and he was technically the back-up!) and his 1994 was right there as well.

And in no sport is comparing across eras harder than football. I mean, Young led the NFL with 25 td passes in 1992. There are already 3 QBs at 25 or more this season. Tom Brady threw 25 last year, and finished eleventh in the league.

If I had to make an off the top of my head list, it would look something like

10. Staubach

09. Farve

08. Graham (probably too low, but god damn it was a long fucking time ago)

07. Young

06. Marino

05. Elway

04. Unitas

03. Manning or Brady*

02. Brady or Manning*

01. Montana

*I refuse to definitively rank these two until they are retired.

But that's literally off the top of my head, and subject to a whole lot of grains of salt.

Dan Marino's physical limitations and poor technique in the running game puts him behind Young for sure. To be clear, I mean his physical limitations as impacts a quarterback's performance in the running game.

I say that as a guy who - literally - got a Dan Marino jersey in the mail today.

I can't complain too much about your rankings though.

Can we please have one prime time football game that isn't horrible?

Mia-Buf might be decent this thurs. . . .

Buffalo has owned Miami the last few times out and the only way they stop Mario Williams Thursday is by going shotgun.

And by that I mean literally blasting him with a 12-gauge.

• Like 2

Can we please have one prime time football game that isn't horrible?

Mia-Buf might be decent this thurs. . . .

Buffalo has owned Miami the last few times out and the only way they stop Mario Williams Thursday is by going shotgun.

And by that I mean literally blasting him with a 12-gauge.

Well I didn't want to jinx it. . .  :)

Jesus Christ.  Why is it that the Steelers manage to lose to the shitty Jets after setting touchdown records against two tough teams.

NO ONE IN THEIR DIVISION IS UNDER .600~!  EVERY WIN COUNTS, DAMMIT~!

I am back to hating football.