DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

Wait, the Lions BENEFIT from the refs? Unreal.

Atlanta flat gave that game away with their hilarious clock management.

Mike Smith: top in his class at the Andy Reid School of Clock Awesomeness.

Not even so much from the refs as from fucking up. 

Again, these are not the kind of games I used to seeing them win. 

If/when Megatron is actually healthy, the offense might not even be bad.  And god that defense is fucking legit.

"These are the games the Lions were losing last year."

No, these are the games the Lions were losing the last 55 years.

Report: NFL to up London games

The NFL will play five games in London next season, according to a published report.

The London Daily Mail reported the news Sunday as the Detroit Lions were playing the Atlanta Falcons at Wembley Stadium in the second of three NFL games in London this season.

Word from Philly is that the Eagles will be going overseas next season but nothing else.

I'd be shocked if the Vikings didn't have another game over there in 2015. Playing at TCF Bank Stadium again (which seats 10,000 less than the Metrodome or the new place that's opening in 2016), a payday like that one would be awfully enticing, I would think.

2-6 Atlanta Falcons. Warms the heart.

At least Houston (mostly) recognized it was time to blow it up. How the Falcons could just think, "well last year was a flukey fluke and we'll be fine with all the players and coaches who sucked last year" is beyond me.

2-6 Atlanta Falcons. Warms the heart.

At least Houston (mostly) recognized it was time to blow it up. How the Falcons could just think, "well last year was a flukey fluke and we'll be fine with all the players and coaches who sucked last year" is beyond me.

Atlanta thought that the problem last year was solely the injuries and lack of depth.

They were wrong.

I woke up at 545 to shower and watch the game (630 start time). Got up and said "screw this" and slept a couple more hours. Got up the second time and it's 21-0. So, yeah, I missed all the bad stuff. I'm ok with that.

WATT's today's forecast in Nashville?

CLOWNEY with a chance for PAIN!!

And, um, Cushing is OUT for the Texans.  Considering how immobile he's been, maybe an upgrade?  Probably not, but hopefully he gets healed up up and doesn't overtrain or anything like that and he's back to 100% soon. 

Leaving Geno Smith out there at this point is the worst abuse of a QB since that time Spurrier coached the Skins and kept running Patrick Ramsey out there to get the shit beat out of him.

Edit: and as I post that, IT'S TIME, IT'S VICK TIME

Leaving Geno Smith out there at this point is the worst abuse of a QB since that time Spurrier coached the Skins and kept running Patrick Ramsey out there to get the shit beat out of him.

Edit: and as I post that, IT'S TIME, IT'S VICK TIME

Vick almost threw a pick and the Jets almost lost a fumble on this possession too. . .