DVDVR Message Board

OCT ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RonL21

iba7ceHVYCyGZT.gif

That looks like Taz choking out John Cena. What is going on there?

http://youtu.be/77trzj8OCRQ?t=1h15m5s

1:15:05

Video has been yanked but the description gives enough of a story

WWE @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - September 20, 2003 (less than 12,000)

Chris Benoit vs. The Big Show
Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore vs. Spanky & Paul London(Spanky & London's MSG debuts)
Sho Funaki vs. Nunzio
Doug & Danny Basham vs. Ultimo Dragon & Jamie Noble (the Bashams' MSG debuts)
WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Tajiri
Charlie Haas vs. Billy Kidman
WWE US & Smackdown! Tag Team Champion Eddie Guerrero vs. John Cena vs. Rhyno
Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie vs. Sable in a tiny teddy contest
WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker in a steel cage match

iGVmtGIsCFhhf.gif

I appreciate Cena going over the top like that - especially for Khali

But that is just stupidly crazy

Not to mention that is the stiffest brain chop I've ever seen from Khali.  It looks like Cena said "Don't be afraid to really lay it in there and make it look good."

Some Mid-South .gifs.

ANhK7f.gif

Terry Taylor pins Nikolai Volkoff

7AntCl.gif

A weak Hacksaw shoulder tackle.

4PetDv.gif

OSg7PH.gif

Midnights and Cornetter tar/feather Magnum.

yDWrlG.gif

The Midnights finish off George Wiengeroff

5q81Rm.gif

Krusher Darsow with a weapon assisted punch to the back of Steve Williams' head.

CYuVFK.gif

Butch Reed press slams Rick Rood (as Mid-South seemingly spell it).

• Like 2

Some NWA .gifs

rt1Ebh.gif

Slater samoan drop on a jobber

ujCt5Z.gif

Koloff with a (admittedly shaky) kneedrop to the back of the head

s9GeXZ.gif

Sheamus' favourite wrestler - Greg Valentine.

1_0rEk.gif

Jimmy Valiant attacking Paul Jones

UFrKDt.gif

Assassin kneedrop off the top rope

YIhr6K.gif

Angelo Mosca Jr. and Tony Russo suck at the wrestling.

Sheamus wishes Greg Valentine would agree to be his favorite wrestler.  Maybe if the WWE pushes him again, Valentine will let Sheamus tell people he's a Hammer fan.

Also, "Rood" is the correct spelling of Rood's real name.  He wrestled as Rick/Ricky Rood his first few years in the business.  Didn't start calling himself "Rick Rude" until he got pushed as a heel.

Sheamus wishes Greg Valentine would agree to be his favorite wrestler.  Maybe if the WWE pushes him again, Valentine will let Sheamus tell people he's a Hammer fan.

Also, "Rood" is the correct spelling of Rood's real name.  He wrestled as Rick/Ricky Rood his first few years in the business.  Didn't start calling himself "Rick Rude" until he got pushed as a heel.

Ah, the more you know and all that. Hadn't even considered that that was his real name.

"I changed my name because the old spelling was the reverse of 'door' and that's just where my career was going back then" - Rick Rude in a PWI interview that I somehow recall 30-some years later.

• Like 2

Did Rude ever work heel after he changed his name from "Rood" to "Rude"?  He was a babyface jobber when he started out, but I don't recall him ever working heel after the name/gimmick change. 

WCW was teasing a face turn when he got injured, but he retired before the angle advanced far enough be sure a turn was what they had in mind.

Man, Honma's headbutt to the floor looks like such a bad idea... I mean, that's most dives to the floor, but on a couple it looks like he's just glancing the guy and eating it on that bump to the floor.  At least the one on shelton did.  It it looks like Gallows tries to catch him.

Dear god, a moonsault knee drop via one of the Headhunters. That's quite harsh.

Undertaker's over-the-shoulder Tombstone, in the gif above was great. I wish he had stuck with that version.

I guess being sandwiched in between two barbwire boards were really the least of his problems...

As for the Undertaker, they gave him that exact same style of the tombstone in the WWF's games on SNES/Genesis.