DVDVR Message Board

The Documentary Thread

RIPPA

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Author: The JT Leroy Story

I heard them talking about this on I believe the Slash Filmcast last week. It just sounds like a fascinatingly odd story with the description I was given that people believed this came from a real place.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the 13th documentary on Netflix will be the next one to make me incredibly angry.

Meanwhile, avoid the Audrie and Daisy documentary unless you want your day ruined like you just watched the end of the Mist.

I'm always amazed to find things like that out.

In any event, I may actually go out of my way to see that in the theater. 

By the way, does anyone know when the Tickled documentary is supposed to hit HBO? I know that before it was released, the guys from the Dollop podcast said it would land on HBO, but I haven't heard anything else since.

Man vs. Snake is a pretty good companion-piece to King of Kong.  It's actually a little sadder since everyone has actually HEARD of Donkey Kong, and these guys are battling over a game (Nibbler) that very few people know exists (and it seems like there is actual physical damage happening when they play.) 

It did feel more real than King of Kong.  Billy Mitchell at least came off as three dimensional.  

On 10/8/2016 at 10:02 PM, sydneybrown said:

Man vs. Snake is a pretty good companion-piece to King of Kong.  It's actually a little sadder since everyone has actually HEARD of Donkey Kong, and these guys are battling over a game (Nibbler) that very few people know exists (and it seems like there is actual physical damage happening when they play.) 

It did feel more real than King of Kong.  Billy Mitchell at least came off as three dimensional.  

Watched this last night. I liked it a lot. Similar to King of Kong but yet different. One of the better in the genre. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 3:44 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Jim Jarmusch is doing a Stooges documentary entitled Gimme Danger. Too bad the Asheton Bros. are already dead.

This should have happened years ago.