DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

Without coming off like a douche, why do players wear Beats? Because they can afford it. $300 is nothing to them. I'm sure some of them don't remember what a $20 bill looks like. If they were up for the task, they could buy a happy meal, give the cashier a $100, and tell them to keep the change without a second thought. Shoot, some of them make more in one game then we will make in 10, 15, or even 20 years on our job. Money is nothing *and* everything to them. As I said, this applies to some, not all.

Well, for some people (including myself), the higher-end earphones and headphones bring out the sound noticeably better than cheap ones.  Also, the real high end stuff has changeable cables, which was always the problem I have with other earphones when the cables go bad.

I listen to a wide variety of stuff from early John Tesh to J-pop/J-rock to thrash metal, so headphones like Beats aren't really conducive to my listening style.

I don't mean to question anyone's spending habits.  Sorry if if comes across that way. But for the average person like me, who can't particularly tell the difference when it comes to various sounds, the cheap headphones are the way to go.

Well, for some people (including myself), the higher-end earphones and headphones bring out the sound noticeably better than cheap ones.  Also, the real high end stuff has changeable cables, which was always the problem I have with other earphones when the cables go bad.

I listen to a wide variety of stuff from early John Tesh to J-pop/J-rock to thrash metal, so headphones like Beats aren't really conducive to my listening style.

I don't mean to question anyone's spending habits.  Sorry if if comes across that way. But for the average person like me, who can't particularly tell the difference when it comes to various sounds, the cheap headphones are the way to go.

Oh, no offense taken.  I was just trying to explain why someone would spend a sizable amount of money on ear/headphones.  And that doesn't include third party cables, custom molded earpieces, etc.

According to Uniwatch, players have been flaunting the rule today and wearing Beats.

Yeah, Deadspin has a pic of Tom Brady wearing what looks like Beats earphones during warmups, and he's not even an endorser.

According to Uniwatch, players have been flaunting the rule today and wearing Beats.

Yeah, Deadspin has a pic of Tom Brady wearing what looks like Beats earphones during warmups, and he's not even an endorser.

Would it be too cheesy if Beats went with the slogan "Let your voice be heard"?

People pay more than $10 for headphones?  Just to listen to music/TV?  What parallel world are you living in?

Mine were over 1,000.00. The difference to normal headphones is tangible even to people that aren't audiophiles. No outside sound makes it through when they are on. They can handle a ton of volume as well when plugged into a guitar amp. I'm just outside the city at the moment and if Philly was nuked right now I might not hear it if I had them on.

This week in the Dan Buys Indian Friends saga: Snyder had the president of the Navajo Nation in the owner's box yesterday.  Quite a get.

Except, this president is a lame duck who is leaving in disgrace come January after being voted out in a landslide due to widespread corruption and assholery.  The incoming president does not share the outgoing one's views on Dan's team.

20141012160928.0.0.jpg

Snyder looking up at the monitors to make sure they're on camera.  That's probably a check from Dan in Chief Lame Duck's pocket.

• Like 2

What? Anyone willing to idiotically shoot at an army of machine guns knowing damn well his ass is gonna be Swiss cheese is a man of giant nerve. That doesn't come along often. Like those European nations who thought fighting the Nazis with swords and horses was a good idea.

Still doesn't make him any less of an idiot tho.

Tbh, I feel like I have to respect the nerve of Dan .

I would have used the word "amused" but yeah, "rich man's head up his ass disease" or RMHUHAD, can be the source of entertainment, from a certain detached perspective.  Still, FUCK HIM. . .

In all serious, because I don't follow other sports, do people take offense to the Reds or Indians baseball teams because of the name? Or is part of the problem with the Redskins name is because they have been absolute shit since they won the Super Bowl 30 years ago?

Winning does makes forgiveness in this country..

The Reds are named after a previous Cincinnati team called the Red Stockings. No native issue there.

I think the main problem with the Redskins is that it's not just a Native American term, it's a slur. It's the difference between calling a team the Oakland Ninjas and the Oakland Tojos.

(intentionally out of date racism is intentional, due to not wanting to be ridiculous)

In all serious, because I don't follow other sports, do people take offense to the Reds or Indians baseball teams because of the name? Or is part of the problem with the Redskins name is because they have been absolute shit since they won the Super Bowl 30 years ago?

Winning does makes forgiveness in this country..

Well the Reds weren't named after Indians(I think), but yeah the Indians will be next. I remember there were protests when Atlanta was in the world series in 1991.