DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

So, Destination America have added yet another TNA show to their line-up:

DESTINATION AMERICA EXPANDS WEEKEND WRESTLING LINEUP WITH ADDITION OF TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES

Destination America today announced it is adding TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES to its weekend lineup of wrestling programming. An hour-long show, GREATEST MATCHES presents the most remarkable and unforgettable contests of iconic TNA superstars such as Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. TNA Wrestling’s Greatest Matches debuts with a three episode mini-marathon on Saturday, January 10 beginning at 10 AM ET followed by two new additionalpremieres on Friday January 16at 9AM. TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES will continue to premiere in its regular time slot starting January 17 on Saturdays at 12PM.

“We joined forces with TNA because of their rich history with wrestling and have compiled an incredible anthology of TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES to share with our audience,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “We’re bringing fans and viewers together as we celebrate the wildest, the most intense, and the most jaw-dropping moments in the careers of some of the best professional wrestlers in the world with TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES.”

“The legacy of TNA is best celebrated by looking at the amazing moments created by our iconic wrestlers in their finest matches,” said TNA president Dixie Carter. “It’s why we are so thrilled to bring TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES to the ever-growing lineup on Destination America, the new home for fans looking for professional wrestling at its best.”

With a special LIVE broadcast, IMPACT WRESTLING debuts on Destination America on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-11 PM ET, televised from New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center. IMPACT WRESTLING moves to its regular time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America. IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED, with announcer Mike Tenay, will kick off Saturday wrestling with premieres in its permanent (again, regular) time slot on Saturdays from 10 AM-12 PM ET followed by brand-new episodes of TNA WRESTLING’S GREATEST MATCHES at 12PM.

January Airings of TNA Wrestling’s Greatest Matches include:

Saturday, January 10 at 10 AM ET: Best of Sting

Saturday, January 10 at 11 AM ET: Best of Kurt Angle

Saturday, January 10 at 12 PM ET: Best of Kurt Angle Part 2

Friday, January 16 at 9 AM ET: Best of Rob Van Dam

Friday, January 16 at 10 AM ET: Best of Mr. Anderson

Saturday, January 17 at 12 PM ET: Best of Jeff Hardy

Friday, January 23 at 1 PM ET: Best of The Knockouts

Saturday, January 24 at 12 PM ET: Best of Samoa Joe

Saturday, January 31 at 12 PM ET: Best of Bully Ray

Between Impact, the Impact replay, Unlocked and now this there's going to be at least 7 hours of TNA every week on the new channel. That's a whole lot of TNA...

Normally saying there's too much TNA isn't a bad thing.  But this one is.  It's not a bad idea doing best of shows to show non-fans what they're about.  But there's a crap ton of wrestling on TV, and also the WWE and NJPW networks.  I can't imagine the Unlocked show doing much in the ratings.

Between Impact, the Impact replay, Unlocked and now this there's going to be at least 7 hours of TNA every week on the new channel. That's a whole lot of TNA...

5 hours.

Impact Wrestling: Unlocked is the replay of the previous night's Impact with some new Tenay content added.

• Like 1

He's been gone for 4 months, move on.

That's about how long it's been since TNA has ran a show and we haven't moved on from that...

And Fat Spanish Whatever still gets mentioned to *this very day* ... it's fun to pick and choose!

Saturdays were awesome for rasslin' back when I was a yute.  Starting at 9 am, I got Pro Wrestling This Week followed by the UWF, then WWF Superstars at noon, the Muthaship at 3:05 (on the Left Coast), World Class at 5 on Prime Ticket, and finally the AWA on ESPN.

• Like 2

Saturdays were awesome for rasslin' back when I was a yute.  Starting at 9 am, I got Pro Wrestling This Week followed by the UWF, then WWF Superstars at noon, the Muthaship at 3:05 (on the Left Coast), World Class at 5 on Prime Ticket, and finally the AWA on ESPN.

Sounds like how it was for me in 86. With just a rooftop and rabbit ears I could watch the following on Saturdays.

WWF Superstars,Wrestling Spotlight and Wrestling Challenge

UWF/Mid South

Memphis

WCCW

Florida

GLOW

Continental

And some JCP syndicated show

• Like 1

Yeah I had loaded Saturdays as well,AWA at 10AM on the local station, WWF Superstars at 11am, Wrestling Challenge at noon, WCW Muthaship at 6:05, and SNW (Saturday Night Wrestling) with Mick Karch, which was syndicated WCW for an hour followed by an hour of WCCW and later USWA, at 9PM. The joys of youth.

• Like 1