DVDVR Message Board

August 2014 Football Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Fourth official rolls a couple of dice, hits 7, so there's 7 minutes injury time in Newcastle, and fucking Zaha scores in the 6th minute of injury time.

I HATE FOOTBALL. I HATE IT, AND IT STINKS.

"Gee, I'll watch Chelski-Everton,.. hopefully it'll be a good game"

Chelski scores 30 seconds in. 

"Ugh. Hopefully that's not a..."

Chelski scores a third minute goal, 2-0 Chelsea

WELP

I wasrunning late after lunch and by the time i got home it was 0-2. :(

That really should've been a penalty to United at the end for that handball in the box. Then again, the small clubs rarely get those calls.

Karma much.

Not bovvered. It's a 38-match season, not 3.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Commentating in the PL is getting so bad.  Joe Allen had about the worst dive you could ever witness and it's just shrugged off as "went down a little too easy, but Dier shouldn't have put his hand on his shoulder." 

They need to be suspending players retroactively for this bullshit when it's so clearcut and laughable.

Moreno looks really good for Liverpool, quite a run and composed finish there for his goal. 

Apparently City has been offered Falcao, we'll see if FFP has any teeth or not. 

Agree about Leicester, they play some good stuff and have a go at their opponents.  2 points from those three matches is very good and I hope they stay up.  Nugent is a pretty seasoned pro and leads the line well.  Leonardo looks good.  Jamie Vardy needs a fucking haircut.

Yeah the dive was awful. Spurs were hopeless anyway today, but that sure took whatever little air there was in the balloon right out.

Can't remember Eriksen ever having a game that bad. Not that he was alone out there, but hey. Happy to just write it off as one of those days. Hopefully the team plays much better against Arsenal.

I thought Balotelli was quite good, even if he didn't score. He's going to be scary with some of the Liverpool speed around him.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Agreed about diving and retroactively punishing players for it. Won't happen any time soon but it ought to.

Btw, the pic beside your Carcass sig isn't loading.

SPFL suspended Derk Boerrigter for 2 games for diving (it was a blatant dive) retroactively based on video.  I agree it should be adopted everywhere.  I was actually mad they only suspended him for 2 games, he's been that awful.  They should have given him 30 or so. 

Scepovic deal looks like it's off because Getafe is bidding for him now.  This exchange on a Celtic board I frequent pretty much sums up what Peter Lawwell is doing to our club.  Fuck him.

Poster 1:  We are now that bloke who at lights on at the nightclub is stumbling about from

one horror to the next in the hopes of getting a ride. e5024227.jpg

Poster 2:  At least that guy is trying. We don't seem to be. We're the guy who got tanked up early in the night and is found sleeping in the corner under some coats when the lights go on.