DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

There's a prevailing callousness in this country toward those we perceive as being "below us" that's sad and is never going to change.  You see it every time a suspected criminal is killed by police.  "Well he had it coming."  No, motherfucker.  We have due process and sentencing in this country that is supposed to be commensurate with the crime.  This shit ain't Robocop.  Murder might get a death sentence but nothing else does.  You can't just shrug off police straight up murdering someone who did a lesser crime, or even just suspected or looking suspicious because, "fuck it, he was trash anyway and probably deserved it."  God, it makes me sick.

Ya know, my dad was in law enforcement for over 30 years and most of those were as a federal cop and he never, EVER fired his weapon and trust me dealt with some bad fucking guys. Now, did he kick asses with his baton or his black jack? Yes. Did all of those guys live to tell the tale? Yes. It's heart breaking to see cops just go to guns IMMEDIATELY when they should be trained that the sidearm MUST be the last resort.

• Like 3

I love (and I mean hate) how we had this big push for police to wear body cams, yet every time an incident like this goes down, they "fell off" or the batteries were dead or they were malfunctioning.  Every time.

Things that make you go<_<

• Like 7

That's what I don't get.  So many police are hysterical and so frightened and go from 0 to 100 in seconds.  Why?  I just ready about the Castile case and it's horrific. 

Are police departments scraping the bottom of the barrel with regard to hiring or is it a cultural thing where cops are increasingly believing the "us against the world" hype where they just assume they're policing Fallujah instead of Anytown, USA?

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That's what I don't get.  So many police are hysterical and so frightened and go from 0 to 100 in seconds.  Why?  I just ready about the Castile case and it's horrific. 

Are police departments scraping the bottom of the barrel with regard to hiring or is it a cultural thing where cops are increasingly believing the "us against the world" hype where they just assume they're policing Fallujah instead of Anytown, USA?

The 2nd thing has to be part of it.  Military things (weapons, equipment, surveillance, and tactics) seem to trickle down and within 5-10 years of being used on opposing forces in war are being used on civilians at home.  It seems the mentality that you are surrounded by insurgents has come along with all the heavy weapons, clear and hold, etc.

What's the point of posse comitatus banning the military from acting as a police force within US borders if the actual civilian police force is equipped like the military, using military tactics, and trained to see the population as an army of insurgents?

• Like 1

Seriously.  We'd be better off with the actual army patrolling the streets than these scared yahoos.  It's funny, when the shit was going down in Ferguson, I read a post somewhere by an actual serviceman who said soldiers patrolling cities in the Middle East treat the people there better than our cops here do, as they're trained to de-escalate situations and try to work with the people there instead of just getting nervous and going all murderdeathkill on everybody.

• Like 2

Well now 10 officers were just gunned down (3 have died) in Dallas by two snipers from elevated positions. That's from CNN and a statement from the police chief.  This is so out of hand, I'm not taking sides, it's just really shitty all the way around.

There's some really awesome officers and some really terrible ones.  This whole thing is just sad on both sides and it's not going to get any better after today.

If the shooters end up not being black, I wouldn't know what to think. Just horrifying and not the reaction any reasonable person on either side would want. All this will do is create more tension and ramp up violence in other places.

2016 is going to be like 1968, only if there wasn't anyone to look up to or anything to believe in or any hope that it was going to lead to progress of any kind.

These are times that a country can't work through without a Rev. King or Robert Kennedy and I don't see either.

38 minutes ago, piranesi said:

2016 is going to be like 1968, only if there wasn't anyone to look up to or anything to believe in or any hope that it was going to lead to progress of any kind.

These are times that a country can't work through without a Rev. King or Robert Kennedy and I don't see either.

Hillary is Nixon, but I don't mean that in a bad way. . .

• Like 1

So the person who is basically all over the news and internet as the shooter is probably not the shooter.  His only crime (and in Texas this is legal) is that he thought carrying an AR-15 in a Black Lives Matter march was a fucking good idea.  

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So the person who is basically all over the news and internet as the shooter is probably not the shooter.  His only crime (and in Texas this is legal) is that he thought carrying an AR-15 in a Black Lives Matter march was a fucking good idea.  

Well and that he was black so the police just assumed.  Bad idea on his part but he has a right to open carry just as all the white folks in Texas do. Glad he turned himself in. Some nut probably would have tried to take justice in their own hands.

There is also reports of an actual suspect being arrested and a "suspicious package" which could mean any damn thing you want it to mean.

" Authorities say they have apprehended a suspect, apparently the person confined to the parking garage, after a shootout and are currently investigating a “suspicious package” found near the scene. Another man whose photo was circulated by Dallas Police as a “person of interest” has reportedly turned himself in. "

" According the brother of the Dallas Police’s “person of interest,” both are currently at a police station in Dallas and have nothing to do with the shooting. "

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I'm just devastated. The only thing I can even hold to is some naive notion that what we're going through culturally and politically are growing pains before things improve. 

People thought the same thing 50 years ago.

Hold on to it.  Hope is a great thing.

• Like 1

Meanwhile he knows absolutely nothing about the shooters. I wonder if he's paid his insane back child support yet.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Former Congressmen.

Yeah, this shooting isn't helping things.  All it's going to do is bolster the "blue lives matter" numbskulls and embolden cops' martyr complexes and their "us against the world, shoot them before they can shoot us" mentality.