DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I was going to post yesterday that at some point somebody would take matters into their own hands and go after the cops.  I ultimately held off because it felt wrong to post that.  To my surprise this morning that's pretty much what happened.  Without knowing anything yet about the suspects in custody I don't want to make assumptions.  But who needs ISIS when we're doing just fine killing ourselves?  This is a horrible week that can only get worse.  I'm sensing once the dust settles there'll be political talk about guns where nobody wants to agree on anything (fucking politicians) and maybe we'll talk for at least a week about the shootings.  After that, people'll talk about some other hot button topic until something like this happens again.  It'll just be once fucked up cycle that we're on and who knows when it'll get better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well and that he was black so the police just assumed.  Bad idea on his part but he has a right to open carry just as all the white folks in Texas do. Glad he turned himself in. Some nut probably would have tried to take justice in their own hands.

I believe he was the protest organizer's brother, and he IMMEDIATELY handed in his gun to the nearest cop the second this started to go down. A real "good guy with a gun," one who knew his presence would only muddy the waters.

Saying it right now: these maniacs had nothing to do with BLM. They had a plan in place to take out cops and were just using the BLM protest as cover.

Not to make light of a tragic situation, but I wish I could've seen the look on that one sniper's face when he realized fucking Vangaurd 1 was there to blow him away.

"What the..."

DELETE.

On 04/07/2016 at 0:58 AM, BrianS81177 said:

My dad lost his 5 year battle with cancer on friday. Just one week shy of his 63rd birthday. Fuck cancer. 

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you, BrianS81177. Cancer is an evil fucker.

It sounds like the one guy they identified so far, the dead one, has no official connections to any movement. Just some asshole fed up with things. At least at the moment.

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you, BrianS81177. Cancer is an evil fucker.

If Cancer were an actual living person, it would be the most horrible evil that has ever existed. It still basically is outside of a few choice folk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

It sounds like the one guy they identified so far, the dead one, has no official connections to any movement. Just some asshole fed up with things. At least at the moment.

I think we all know that's not going to matter, though.  I mean, he has no connection to the president either but that won't stop Fox and about 48% of the electorate from blaming Obama for "being divisive."

And of course the only two things he's ever done to "be divisive" are

1) be black

2) get elected

• Like 6

You're being divisive, are you sure you're not black and an elected official? Didn't you know racism ended? The Supreme Court said so.

The Mercedes guys were released. It was just a guy picking his brother up from a bus stop. Don't know about the woman. Somehow they learned from the shooter they killed that he worked alone, but they seem to think he was just covering for others. 

If this was just one guy, then the narrative that everyone absorbed through shoddy reporting last night is going to obscure the nature of this crime.  All anyone is talking about is a conspiracy to kill cops by a group (as a way to implicate an entire protest movement) rather than this being simply another example of a deranged single shooter.

In this case, there is a literally world changing difference between those two frames.  And everyone decided long before any facts were in that it was the first instead of the second and now that that's taken hold on an emotional level, that's all a lot of people will ever see.

Combination of bad information in real-time by the police and terrible "jump on every tweet" reporting by every major news outlet.

22 minutes ago, piranesi said:

If this was just one guy, then the narrative that everyone absorbed through shoddy reporting last night is going to obscure the nature of this crime.  All anyone is talking about is a conspiracy to kill cops by a group (as a way to implicate an entire protest movement) rather than this being simply another example of a deranged single shooter.

In this case, there is a literally world changing difference between those two frames.  And everyone decided long before any facts were in that it was the first instead of the second and now that that's taken hold on an emotional level, that's all a lot of people will ever see.

Combination of bad information in real-time by the police and terrible "jump on every tweet" reporting by every major news outlet.

But that same thing happens both ways, if a cop does something that could be wrong it starts at level 100 due to twitter/wanting to report fast and then goes down from there (if applicable). And any other news story, the last few shootings in general the media has gotten incorrect due to wanting to be the first to report and seemingly starting at the worst case scenario (remember how badly the Sandy Hook shooting was first reported, they even reported the wrong person as doing the shooting). That is more an issue with news/twitter in general, certainly applies in this case as well but its not a new issue. There really isn't any way that is ever going to better, twitter is what it is, hence why I tend to avoid it whenever I can and use it mostly just for wrestling chat. I generally don't believe any 'breaking' news story until at least 24 hours after it happened, we get a lot more clear of a picture then.

In this case it does appear to be just one crazy "I hate white cops" person but not a collection or group, although I am sure they will find out more about his background over the next few days.

I'm not fond of cops in general, but I am also not fond of five innocent men having to pay the price for the alleged injustices of other men.  It makes my heart sad.  If the justice system would hold questionable policemen accountable for their actions, good policemen would not be held in contempt by association.

Why do people want to discredit BLM by assuming that they are only concerned with Black lives and counter with this All Lives Should Matter bullshit? 

The argument of the movement is that Black lives should matter just as much as everyone else's, which apparently they don't..  The idea of All Lives Should Matter is already built in to the BLM framework, dummies..

I never thought that the most reasonable words spoken by anyone last week would've come out of the mouth of Newt Gingrich.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm not fond of cops in general, but I am also not fond of five innocent men having to pay the price for the alleged injustices of other men.  It makes my heart sad.  If the justice system would hold questionable policemen accountable for their actions, good policemen would not be held in contempt by association.

Why do people want to discredit BLM by assuming that they are only concerned with Black lives and counter with this All Lives Should Matter bullshit? 

The argument of the movement is that Black lives should matter just as much as everyone else's, which apparently they don't..  The idea of All Lives Should Matter is already built in to the BLM framework, dummies..

I never thought that the most reasonable words spoken by anyone last week would've come out of the mouth of Newt Gingrich.

There's no reasoning that will change that.  All lives matter is a talking point like "What about Chicago?"  It is a technique to dismiss rather than debate or understand. It amazes me how few of the people who want to diagnose or criticize or explain the problems with BLM have never, ever, ever once sat and listened to anyone from it talk. 

It's not easy because the media doesn't cover that part.  A huge part of most BLM gatherings is people talking and debating, talking about their experiences.  Some getting emotional.  Some getting angry. Some trying to calm them. All CNN wants to show is tear gas or bottles being thrown.  Anything else is not news.  That's all Fox wants to show for other reasons.

The vast majority of people with opinions on BLM have never actually heard (as in shut up and listen) what the group is saying.  Their "research" is to  go looking for oppo talking points and immediately start spouting them on social media.  Now I say this as someone who has not been to a rally myself beyond a small student gathering way off the beaten path.  I have only watched live streams of big protests.  The other night in St. Paul you could watch for hours on periscope if you wanted to people talking, venting, discussing, arguing.  meanwhile at the same time on CNN it was "Do you see any fighting? No?  Let's go over to Chris Cuomo then.  Chris, anything?" 

The thing that bothers me the most is that the fellow in the Minneapolis incident complies with the officer and gets shot anyway. 

That could've just as well have been me being shot and killed in front of my girlfriend and (even worse) my daughter. 

Most people would look at that and think that there is no way that sort of thing would happen to them, while homeboys can watch that and easily put themselves right in driver seat.

Then we get to experience the BS tactic of attempting to vilify the guy by bring up as much dirt on him as possible and argue that he somehow deserved what he got or contributed to his own demise. 

I really don't give a fuck if he got pulled over several times for various minor offenses involving his car or for issues with his driver's license and maybe that is just the evidence of him being singled out rather than evidence of him being a rampant lawbreaker?  Last time I checked, the punishment for a broken taillight was not the death sentence.

Maybe if he weren't a poor cafeteria worker that probably got paid shit wages, he could've afforded to keep his car well maintained and pay the taxes and fees to keep his license shit straight?

• Like 6

What the "All LIves Matter" morons don't get (or simply refuse to acknowledge) is that the "too" is implied.  Holy shit, it's not hard to understand.  When I say, "I really like Five Guys hamburgers," nobody pipes up and yells, "fuck you what about BGR?  All burgers are delicious!" 

It's sad that we have to be reminded that black lives matter too, but a normal, law-abiding dude just got gunned down in his car by a scared-ass cop for nothing and nobody seems to really give a shit outside of the requisite two-day period of virtue signaling, so here we are.

• Like 1