DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He also blamed Obama and then talked about his golf courses. Yeah.

Someone called him a bruised eggplant (or something close to that).

That was my favorite

I sometimes think Americans are incredibly dumb, but the more shit I see about UK voters who voted leave and thought their vote wouldn't matter is astounding. You fucking morons.

• Like 4

People that think this is a fantastic decision: Le Pen, Farage, Wilders, Trump, Putin (guessing on that last one, but it ain't much of a leap really).  Lovely.  The Assholes are having a great day.  The rest of us, not so much.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I sometimes think Americans are incredibly dumb, but the more shit I see about UK voters who voted leave and thought their vote wouldn't matter is astounding. You fucking morons.

Americans are often incredibly dumb but I'm becoming more convinced all the time that the majority of earth is dumb, we as Americans are just uniquely proud of our ignorance. The lowest common denominator is celebrated. That problem - that's what it is - is spreading however and that's how you end up with Brexit and some of the other concerning events of the day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You have got to be shitting me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

"Oh, we didn't put out that advert! Er, um, I mean, that wasn't MY advert. Ok, well, it was, but it was a mistake! Thanks for voting, suckers!"

God fucking damn it.

All the people saying that they voted to leave, but didn't think anything would happen are so dumb. So massively dumb. Like, what the fuck did you think you were doing? God dammit.

So, to be clear, voters fell for the ploys of a lizard man and British Trump, they essentially voted to make UK a soon to be poor country with no current plans on fixing all of the trade problems they just introduced because the lizard man and British Trump don't have any plans, UK will likely disband, and immigration will likely continue.

Is there any way any of this can be undone?

I love our resident UK peeps like family, but Holy Shit....  The fucking Dow has shed over five hundred points so far.

Thanks for ass fucking my 401K, Brexit folks.  Now I wont' be able to retire until I am a hundred and fifty five. 

If I die and get to Heaven, I will have to start looking for a job..

So what will you folks do if Scotland rethinks their plan to stay in the UK, breaks off, and tries to join the EU as an independent nation? Breaking from the union may cost you the kingdom, folks.

I really think that the immigration thing is disingenuous and wrapped in fear but yeah, grats on at least deciding not to continue to silently support the really horrible economic decisions of Italy and Greece by contributing to the bail out fund.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Is there any way any of this can be undone?

As Raziel said - Parliment still technically has to approve it

Or possibly (stolen from fivethirtyeight)

Expect more surprises: Here is an incomplete list of things that could happen in the wake of Thursday’s vote: Boris Johnson (the wild-hairedformer mayor of London who is often described as the U.K.’s Donald Trump) could become prime minister of Britain. The Netherlands could leave the EU. Scotland could leave the U.K. Northern Ireland could rejoin Ireland. The EU could break up entirely.

Or how about this for a plot twist: The Brexit may not happen at all. There have already been murmurs that Thursday’s vote will lead the EU to offer new, more generous terms to convince Britain to stay, prompting a second referendum. An online petition calling for a re-do drew so much traffic that it crashed the U.K. government’s website Friday morning. This is, to be clear, a very unlikely scenario — the referendum results were close, but not that close, and none of Britain’s leaders is backing the idea of a new vote so far. But in theory, it is still possible that we could do all of this again

I don't know what is sadder

That I legit googled "How do I start my own country?" today

or

How many legit websites I pulled up telling me how to do it

• Like 2

This is all going to be so much funnier when it happens in November to this country.  

Hey look on the bright side, the punk music scene in the UK when it was dirt poor was awesome.  We could use another Clash to be honest

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know what is sadder

That I legit googled "How do I start my own country?" today

or

How many legit websites I pulled up telling me how to do it

Yeah not looking forward to living in Trumpland with a wife with a Spanish last name and a son whose skin is much darker than most Trumpists would approve of.

Course, then there's my mother in law, who was once an undocumented immigrant herself, and who is now trying to convince her daughter and me to vote for that motherfucker.