DVDVR Message Board

JUNE ANIMATED GIF THREAD

Ugh...seriously?

iLtcJrGSUEHL1.gif

Arguably not in the Top 5 of Worst Things That Has Happen to Veda Scott in AIW

That's from AIW, right?  They do a lot of men vs. women matches.

It is and they are doing a full card of them:

Bo_DC7pIIAAo7gF.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I really don't think anyone ever said that the problem with that gif is that the spot is too dangerous. Man-on-woman violence in wrestling is a huge part of the stigma wrestling has as a result of the Attitude era that WWE is still trying to shake.

I don't really see the point of it from a storyline standpoint, unless they have the women win every feud.

I always liked how Sara and Daisee worked as chikara regulars and just wrestled guys every so often. Of course, many of the male wrestlers were not much bigger thqm Sara.

No kidding. Things have improved a lot since then too as more male and female indie Wrestlers have worked out better to work a match that is less awkward and more credible. I am still not the biggest fan but they do provide really good matches when done right. Dismissing them out of hand is silly at this stage. Especially when people like Drew Gulak cut promos like this:

Yeah, I really don't think anyone ever said that the problem with that gif is that the spot is too dangerous. Man-on-woman violence in wrestling is a huge part of the stigma wrestling has as a result of the Attitude era that WWE is still trying to shake.

Who were all these people going around unabashedly admitting they watch wrestling before 1997/8 but suddenly stopped talking about it in the Attitude era?

Oh look a meme. Very good. Quality banter.

Nope just no sold it cause it was a crap joke that doesn't really work as the information is on the poster.

AIW can only be found via Smart Mark Video.

It was a pretty good joke. No need to get fussy.

He should have asked if Turners Hall was a set of Apartment Buildings.

At least then the joke would have been sense in terms of the poster being posted and location being supplied.

Who were all these people going around unabashedly admitting they watch wrestling before 1997/8 but suddenly stopped talking about it in the Attitude era?

Maybe you quoted the wrong post or something, but I'm referring to WWE excising things like Austin stunning Stacy or Trish barking like a dog in modern programming because depicting man-on-woman violence in wrestling is kind of icky and misogynistic. I think it had a lot more to do with WWE not getting the NASCAR money they wanted than fans of the Attitude Era would care to admit.