DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 5/5/14 - Take 2

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah. Imagine if they were heels. I mean, DB blaming Brie for not sending Kane's invitation in time while Brie complains that she didn't want Kane to start a forest fire.

(They had wooden invitations if you believe Total Divas.)

It was kinda weird not having a divas match or segment. Paige has already gone through the heel divas (sans AJ) that she should've gone through. So, welcome to limbo Paige! Say hi to the other NXT call ups while you're there.

I am pretty sure their was a Diva's match scheduled because I seem to remember them tweeting out something before the show (of course I am way too lazy to look) hyping a match.

It seemed like the show was running way long and they had to cut something and they couldn't cut Adam Rose since they had promoted it so much. (

Well they could have cut Adam Rose and it would have made me laugh and laugh and laugh but yeah.

I think Paige beat Alicia Fox on Superstars, which makes me think that it was part of the planning maybe?

Didn't they delay and delay on the Brodus Clay debut? Or was that part of the build up to the dancing surprise?

Wasn't the delay in Brodus Clay's debut part of a running gag within the John Laurinaitis story line? He kept promising him week after week and then he kept getting pushed back? I thought it was something like that.

The fundamental problem with WWE is that folks want to cheer the heels and boo/apathy for the faces.   Barrett in particular is getting heavy face reactions and cheers against Big E (and fans don't hate Big E)

WWE should just start running with that, but that's way outside the box thinking.

This problem is usually due though to heels getting actual characters and the faces not getting any. Big E has no character at all right now while atleast Wade has a cheap pop to go with.

The Adam Rose debut is exhibit A on how terrible this announce team is. It's like they've become the living embodiment of 'hazing/pay your dues/locker room antics' but with microphones at a ringside table. You want to get over? You have to get through them, first.

And they're only going to pay attention if they aren't falling over their own asses calling each other out on mispronouncing words or saying the names of old actors.

But if they do notice you, they're not going to try and get the WWE UNIVERSE interested in you. What, you just want the business handed to you, kid? 

"This is stupid maggle!" *maggle dances* "You guys what did the matadore say to the midget? you're full of bull! haha!" 

*i stab my own face*

• Like 3

And as JR tells us every week, heels dont cheat or act like heels anymore.

Which is funny since Wade clawed the eyes and Cole pointed out he did it behind the ref's back. 

Speaking of Wade, did he turn the armpad inside out or does he have another one underneath? That was tripping me out last night cause I didn't see him throw one. Maybe I missed it.

Guys, our current champion became the biggest, most over star in our company since the Rock by wrestling great matches every night. How about we give him a wrestling heavy storyline where Steph makes him defend the title against good wrestlers week after week to weaken him before Evolution comes for him?

GUYS WHAT IF WE RENAME KANE THE DEMON KANE AND HE DOES THAT THING HE DID WITH ZACH RYDER AND EVE BUT THIS TIME WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE ALSO I BROUGHT EVERYONE CRONUTS

-how I think the WWE writer's room works maybe

• Like 5

C'mon guys, I know why he does it, I just wanted to know if he has a black elbowpad over the red one

Thinking about how to turn an elbowpad inside out without taking it off your arm... that's some practice for doing it during a wrestling match on camera live where you're exposed to the world. That's basically my question -- is that even possible?

My impression was Barrett is supposed to be taking the padding off and exposing the elbow. Even though I like the idea of different color padding hurting more. It's just like lugers metal plate only red and cottony.

• Like 1

Guys, our current champion became the biggest, most over star in our company since the Rock by wrestling great matches every night. How about we give him a wrestling heavy storyline where Steph makes him defend the title against good wrestlers week after week to weaken him before Evolution comes for him?

GUYS WHAT IF WE RENAME KANE THE DEMON KANE AND HE DOES THAT THING HE DID WITH ZACH RYDER AND EVE BUT THIS TIME WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE ALSO I BROUGHT EVERYONE CRONUTS

-how I think the WWE writer's room works maybe

Hmm, somehow this reminds me of something.

Incredibly talented wrestler...  wrestling great matches every night... most over star in the company since the Rock... Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion... Stephanie McMahon somehow finding a way to making it shit...

That really seems familiar somehow.

C'mon guys, I know why he does it, I just wanted to know if he has a black elbowpad over the red one

Thinking about how to turn an elbowpad inside out without taking it off your arm... that's some practice for doing it during a wrestling match on camera live where you're exposed to the world. That's basically my question -- is that even possible?

Since that's what he does... yeah.