DVDVR Message Board

RAW 4/28

OSJ

The show has really been dull the past couple of weeks. They made a few tone deaf creative decisions and are sticking with them.  

There is no reason why Kane is getting a title shot. He hasn't been particularly dominant lately. You can make a list of a dozen wrestlers more deserving than him.

There is no reason why anyone cares about Evolution. The crowds were expressing apathy towards Orton/Batista for weeks leading up to WrestleMania. Throwing them into a faction is not going to change this.

There is no reason why the members of Evolution would abandon the title picture to feud with the shield.

The Usos finally reached the top and have no one to feud with.

Sheamus v. Titus was just a great segment. I'm really enjoying them making Sheamus more vulnerable.

Bray Wyatt. What else needs to be said. Spectacular.

Did anyone else catch Brie roll out of the ring during the Kane segment only to roll back in so that Kane could torment her some more?

Man, I hope THAT Flair shows up to the big War Games match with THE RETURNING STING, am I right guys?

I'm personally hoping Sting shows up after the Authority screws Daniel Bryan out of the championship to attack Kane and win the championship for himself. 

"Look, it's funny because they are little people dressed in costumes!" Nope.....not my cup of tea.

ROCK AND ROLL IS NOT A COSTUME!!!! IT'S A WAY OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that in Drew's accent in my head.

• Like 1

Is it too much to say if you hated the Wyatt kids choir segment that you should probably stop watching wrestling?

Oh, come the fuck on.  I enjoy the show week after week and enjoyed last night's show, too.  But creepy little kids singing is lame as hell.  I get that the Wyatts are going to do a lot of the most base horror movie tropes because this is wrestling, but this one is just too corny.  Shit hasn't worked since Freddy was coming for you.  And "the kids have turned on Cena!" arc of it I get, but it doesn't come off that well here.  Instead it looks like they're putting together the trailer for Kane's newest WWE film. 

Cena out there looking lost and vulnerable, though, again, that was excellent.  Of course, it's Cena, so he cuts a promo later that ruins it, but still. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought it was hokey. I guess I will be alone in saying the Wyatt stuff is hard to get into because the medium it is presented in can make it too over the top and forced. So, either you can be into it or think it is lame. Which is why you get those bored crowds that would rather do dueling Cena chants instead of boo the Wyatts.

Kinda like why plays generally keep the presentation/action simple and make the dialogue and music stand out.

• Like 1

Is it too much to say if you hated the Wyatt kids choir segment that you should probably stop watching wrestling?

Oh, come the fuck on.  I enjoy the show week after week and enjoyed last night's show, too.  But creepy little kids singing is lame as hell.  I get that the Wyatts are going to do a lot of the most base horror movie tropes because this is wrestling, but this one is just too corny.  Shit hasn't worked since Freddy was coming for you.  And "the kids have turned on Cena!" arc of it I get, but it doesn't come off that well here.  Instead it looks like they're putting together the trailer for Kane's newest WWE film. 

Cena out there looking lost and vulnerable, though, again, that was excellent.  Of course, it's Cena, so he cuts a promo later that ruins it, but still. 

If the Wyatt opening segemt was "lame as hell" what does one do with that nonsense of Kane being a "demon from hell" and his under-the-ring-rape-hole? Hillbillies, even creepy ones, happen in real life. So do brain washing cults. Rape demons that live under wrestling rings do not. Let's reassess what is "lame" and what is "wrestling" for a moment.

• Like 1

The Bellas are some of the worst actresses among all of those that have appeared on camera in their WWE tenure, which is saying something.

Also, the indictment on this board of a particular crowd being crappy is getting old, especially since it happens just about every other time during RAW threads on this board.  Perhaps the fault should lie with the workers for not properly connecting with said crowd, yeah?

If the Wyatt opening segemt was "lame as hell" what does one do with that nonsense of Kane being a "demon from hell" and his under-the-ring-rape-hole? Hillbillies, even creepy ones, happen in real life. So do brain washing cults. Rape demons that live under wrestling rings do not. Let's reassess what is "lame" and what is "wrestling" for a moment.

Does disliking one automatically-indicate approval for the other?

Leaky bladder is nothing to joke about. Millions of men with slightly damp underwear and a musty aroma suffer every day.

That would make a great BNB segment. I'm afraid I've got some bad news... about leaky bladders.
Tony Siragusa would claim gimmick infringement.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news. I've been issued a cease & desist from a fat man in a diaper.

• Like 2

Does disliking one automatically-indicate approval for the other?

No, but I'm seeing criticism of one and not the other.

Edit: Other than about Bella acting which was awful to be sure.

Was at the show as well, and thought the crowd was pretty damn hot,though maybe not out right loud. Very child heavy, even for WWE show standards, so there were a lot of mixed reactions, which probably didn't help. Crowd was all in on Bryan, and popped huge for Brie calling Steph a bitch. Opening segment was amazing. I was part of the heavy pro Barrett contingent, which had some chanting back and forth with RVD most of the match. Was also sitting center straight from hard cam, where the SHIELD came out 6 seats from me.

Additional thoughts:

-Man, the tag match Was great, and the crowd was into the Usos in a huge way. Haven't seen many crowd started Uuuu-Soooo chants, but there were tons tonight.

-Heymans being such a great dick some non "smart" fans are starting to like him. Cesaro still feels lost though. They need to pick a direction.

-Sandow thing was great, screw the haters.

-Wrong place for Orton/Reigns. Orton has enough local support to not be a mega heel here.

-Piranesi, were you there yesterday? Because there was a drunk guy screaming that Dean Ambrose was better then Taker and handsome, and I just assumed it was you.

Let's be clear - I like the Wyatts quite a bit.  I don't like "creepy little kids singing," as it's super low rent PG-13 horror movie trailer stuff.   

I also enjoy Kane's rape-hole and most supernatural stuff in wrestling, really.  Fire, crucifixions, caskets, leather masks, swamp magic - I'm down. 

Speaking of little kids, though, if they wanted to make a new Road Warriors team with a mock-up of the little boomerang kid from The Road Warrior to feud with Torito and Hornswaggle, I'd be more than down.  

Speaking of little kids, though, if they wanted to make a new Road Warriors team with a mock-up of the little boomerang kid from The Road Warrior to feud with Torito and Hornswaggle, I'd be more than down.  

We have found our middle ground.

• Like 1

Really liked Usos/Rybaxel, thought they'd save that for the PPV. Actually liked Bryan's promo and thought Brie looked great at his side. Brie/Paige was pretty good while it lasted. Finding it more and more hilarious that Kane is referred to as "The Demon" now when masked as if it is a complete change of character. Barrett/RVD was pretty good and the ending brawl was fun.

HATED the children's choir.  HATED HATED.  First time in a while I've gotten that ashamed, embarrassed feeling for watching WWE.  Lamest trope ever in horror movies, really corny as fuck in this setting.

Figured I'd be the only one but glad to see someone else felt this way. Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I never get that embarrassed feeling but this was some cringeworthy turn down the volume goofy stuff for me. Bray continues to be very hit or miss with me.

Thank God.  I was 3 pages deep and thought there was something wrong with me.  I skipped through a lot of it because of how awkward it was and kept thinking I must have missed something.  It was just an awful children's choir repeatedly singing an awful song while Bray Wyatt cackled maniacally with a young kid on his lap?

I actually think Extreme Rules is going to be really good, and I'm excited to see the Cena/Wyatt cage match.  I like the Wyatt's in the ring more than on the mic, but that's obviously an unpopular opinion puffin.  Looking forward to Barrett taking the IC belt, I think the 6-man tag will be pretty awesome, and hopefully Bryan and Kane have one of Bryan's "monster formula" matches from back in the day.  He should be out for blood.  Not too excited for Paige and Tamina, and RVD is the worst thing to happen to Cesaro since he debuted with the WWE.

This was the first middling Raw of 2014 for me.

EDIT: Just want to clarify that I'm in agreement with the guys in the last page.  The Evil Cult Leader thing isn't goofy (or goofier than anything else, I guess) but this Whole World In His Hands shit is awful to me.  I liked it at Mania, it felt bizarre and organic.  Listening to Bray labor through it deliberately and then add the whole kid thing just isn't for me.

Edited by The Damn Yeti

-Piranesi, were you there yesterday? Because there was a drunk guy screaming that Dean Ambrose was better then Taker and handsome, and I just assumed it was you.

I can vouch that last night Piranesi was attempting to learn Twitter with me and FSW as his tutors. As far as I know, he's still screaming "Computer! Locate: Ambrose, Dean! Awaiting response!" at his monitor.

• Like 3

I liked the children's choir stuff. It's different. But the way this feud is booked, however, is only going to lead to Cena getting a clean win and vanquishing the horrible child brainwashing monster.

I liked Demon Kane coming through the ring too. He is just like a horror movie villain; just when you think you've stopped him with a monkey wrench, he gets right back up.

And I loved that Brie saved herself by kicking off Kane's hands. That's gotta be the first time a diva has saved herself from any male wrestler, right?

RVD is just depressing to watch. I am convinced his employment is just one big troll against TNA.

As someone who watches TNA, I would like to thank WWE for preventing RVD from returning to TNA.

Is Brie being allowed to be physical with Stephanie and getting the better of her the thing they can do that will create the biggest crowd pop?

Cesaro's direction seems like it is going in the direction of Heyman failing to make Cesaro champion, leading to Cesaro turning on him and giving him the Cesaro Swing.  (Can Heyman take that move?)

I'm skeptical about the direction with Cesaro (dear God, get rid of that fucking awful music) but if they keep calling him the King of Swing without swinging anyone, and that culminates in eventually swinging Brock, it'll be monsterous.

• Like 1

I can vouch that last night Piranesi was attempting to learn Twitter with me and FSW as his tutors. As far as I know, he's still screaming "Computer! Locate: Ambrose, Dean! Awaiting response!" at his monitor.

I have been identified on Twitter as "Big Fresh's friend".  This may be a sign that I have made terrible life decisions(as opposed to a number of other things I could think of).

• Like 2