DVDVR Message Board

RAW 4/28

OSJ

Cesaro is still awesome, but I agree that the things were making his momentum so much fun are just gone.  And no, I'm not being knee jerk and saying "Oh my god, they're killing/burying him!!!!!"  In fact it's odd...........I love Heyman and I love Cesaro.  But so far I'm just not enjoying them together at all. 

And I have really been high on the Usos over the last few months, but tonight I found myself bored.  I don't know, suddenly it just seemed like "OK, some superkicks and dives, blah blah." 

Maybe I was just in a blah mood tonight. 

The choir was that from a local high school. Man, I'd do anything to go to that next board meeting since there's some outraged parent who just watched Nancy Grace. "You let the kids sing at Raw at the behest of a backwoods religious cult leader who made them wear sheep's masks!"

The abstract nature of this is great. I look at it like this: If Bray beats Cena at a cage match, then who can stop him? He's already swayed the masses to the point where a high school choir is willing to join The Family and that was after a loss at WrestleMania. If Bray beats Cena at Extreme Rules, we could very well see Common Core initiatives include "The Whole World" as mandatory requirements for grade advancement.

I think having the whole choir kind of made it a little too bizarre and a bit too obviously "this is a character doing a show!"  If it was just a small group of kids in tattered clothes holding weird dolls made out of, like, corn cobs or something.  And then backstage there was a group of parents asking John Cena why their kids have started acting weird and demanding to know why he's ruining their lives...

But hiring out a whole school choir makes it seem like something Ted Dibiase would do. 

Now I want to see Cena being hounded by press asking him "What about the children and their families, John?  You swore you would protect them!  That you would never give up!  These families are broken, John!  You have to answer for that!"

Flair didn't seem drunk at all.  I'm not sure if some of you have ever been drunk.

He did look like a punch drunk old man out there doing his shtick, though, which is exactly what he is.  I'm assuming he turns on The Shield this weekend, leading to a ton of people fantasy booking Sting, who never shows.  

• Like 5

Stupid, backwards Kane.  You're supposed to try and get into the hole of a Bella twin, not try to get a Bella into your hole.

They should make an effort to dress Brie up in more young girl clothes and stuff like pigtails so they can maximize the physical contrast between her and Stephanie.

I want Dean Ambrose to cut an insane promo about how they all have better hair than HHH ever did.

When do they visit Las Vegas again?  I feel like we need Raw Roulette for Heyman vs Zeb, leading to a tuxedo match.

• Like 2

Flair didn't seem drunk at all.  I'm not sure if some of you have ever been drunk.

He did look like a punch drunk old man out there doing his shtick, though, which is exactly what he is.  I'm assuming he turns on The Shield this weekend, leading to a ton of people fantasy booking Sting, who never shows.  

And WarGames...don't forget WarGames.

Flair didn't seem drunk,,,at all??? To quote Ric himself: "are you kidding me?"

• Like 1

I don't know what it was about Brie Bella in the hoodie and booty shorts, but that was working for me way more than her (more revealing) wrestling attire.

It was a bummer they didn't do a good job of hiding the sheep masks before the kids put them on.

• Like 1

The choir was that from a local high school. Man, I'd do anything to go to that next board meeting since there's some outraged parent who just watched Nancy Grace. "You let the kids sing at Raw at the behest of a backwoods religious cult leader who made them wear sheep's masks!"

The abstract nature of this is great. I look at it like this: If Bray beats Cena at a cage match, then who can stop him? He's already swayed the masses to the point where a high school choir is willing to join The Family and that was after a loss at WrestleMania. If Bray beats Cena at Extreme Rules, we could very well see Common Core initiatives include "The Whole World" as mandatory requirements for grade advancement.

I think having the whole choir kind of made it a little too bizarre and a bit too obviously "this is a character doing a show!"  If it was just a small group of kids in tattered clothes holding weird dolls made out of, like, corn cobs or something.  And then backstage there was a group of parents asking John Cena why their kids have started acting weird and demanding to know why he's ruining their lives...

But hiring out a whole school choir makes it seem like something Ted Dibiase would do. 

Now I want to see Cena being hounded by press asking him "What about the children and their families, John?  You swore you would protect them!  That you would never give up!  These families are broken, John!  You have to answer for that!"

Too bad Cena doesn't have a kid.  They could redo the whole Sandman/Raven/Tyler thing.

This would've been a perfect time to bring out Sting to tell The Shield to not trust Flair. Course you'd know that if you ever watchd pro-wrestling as a kid...

A lot in attendance are currently watching wrestling as a kid.

This would've been a perfect time to bring out Sting to tell The Shield to not trust Flair. Course you'd know that if you ever watchd pro-wrestling as a kid...

A lot in attendance are currently watching wrestling as a kid.

and when Flair came out they said "Dad, why are the White Walkers on Raw?"

• Like 1

If it was a small group of kids in tattered clothes looking like they just came out of the backwoods that the Wyatts live in, then it wouldn't be much of a shock to see that they were singing for him.  But the fact that he got a group of "normal" kids to do his bidding........that's the creepy factor right there. 

• Like 1

Too bad Cena doesn't have a kid.  They could redo the whole Sandman/Raven/Tyler thing.

What angle can they redo that makes use of AJ when she comes back?  AJ, failing to regain her title, becomes vulnerable to the predations of the Wyatts, as Bray takes an interest in her.  Cena, despite past differences with AJ, wants to play white knight and save her.  Where can that lead?

If it was a small group of kids in tattered clothes looking like they just came out of the backwoods that the Wyatts live in, then it wouldn't be much of a shock to see that they were singing for him.  But the fact that he got a group of "normal" kids to do his bidding........that's the creepy factor right there. 

They should be a normal group of kids who have turned into tattered-clothes-wearing and backwoods cultists.  And they should have been doing fake Amber alerts on WWE Network all weekend.

Flair didn't seem drunk at all. I'm not sure if some of you have ever been drunk.

He did look like a punch drunk old man out there doing his shtick, though, which is exactly what he is. I'm assuming he turns on The Shield this weekend, leading to a ton of people fantasy booking Sting, who never shows.

And WarGames...don't forget WarGames.

Flair didn't seem drunk,,,at all??? To quote Ric himself: "are you kidding me?"

He really just seemed like an old guy who's broken his brain. But yes, WAR GAMES!

They should be a normal group of kids who have turned into tattered-clothes-wearing and backwoods cultists.  And they should have been doing fake Amber alerts on WWE Network all weekend.

I can hear it now....."We have a late breaking Amber alert.......find out more on the WWE App.  If you don't already have it, The King is going to show you how......."  

What angle can they redo that makes use of AJ when she comes back?  AJ, failing to regain her title, becomes vulnerable to the predations of the Wyatts, as Bray takes an interest in her.  Cena, despite past differences with AJ, wants to play white knight and save her.  Where can that lead?

To a bunch of "CM Punk" chants?

I can hear it now....."We have a late breaking Amber alert.......find out more on the WWE App.  If you don't already have it, The King is going to show you how......."

Did you purposely put "Amber alert" and Lawler together in the same post?

• Like 4

Bray could bring the kids back for Extreme Rules, then have one of them attack Cena, only to take his sheep mask off to reveal that Rey Mysterio joined the Wyatts for some reason due to his disappointment with fans booing him. Plus Rey would blend well with a group of 12 year olds

• Like 1

Oh man.  Subconsciously, possibly?

There is a kind of gravitational pull between them that makes this happen.  It's like when someone mentions Jon Cryer and weirdly the next day you run into Anthony Michael Hall.  Or likewise with Rip Taylor and Jim J. Bullock...in either order.

I was at Raw tonight.  The crowd seemed into it for the most part, but they weren't loud at all.  It was like an arena filled with thousands of shy kids who were watching intently, but quietly, scared that the cool kids would make fun of them if they cheered for the wrong person.  I don't know how it came off on TV, but it was fun.

I was at Raw tonight.  The crowd seemed into it for the most part, but they weren't loud at all.  It was like an arena filled with thousands of shy kids who were watching intently, but quietly, scared that the cool kids would make fun of them if they cheered for the wrong person.  I don't know how it came off on TV, but it was fun.

They were scared that if they made too much noise Brent Seabrook would find them.

• Like 4

Really liked Usos/Rybaxel, thought they'd save that for the PPV. Actually liked Bryan's promo and thought Brie looked great at his side. Brie/Paige was pretty good while it lasted. Finding it more and more hilarious that Kane is referred to as "The Demon" now when masked as if it is a complete change of character. Barrett/RVD was pretty good and the ending brawl was fun.

HATED the children's choir.  HATED HATED.  First time in a while I've gotten that ashamed, embarrassed feeling for watching WWE.  Lamest trope ever in horror movies, really corny as fuck in this setting.

Figured I'd be the only one but glad to see someone else felt this way. Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I never get that embarrassed feeling but this was some cringeworthy turn down the volume goofy stuff for me. Bray continues to be very hit or miss with me.

• Like 1