DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

LeBron leaves Miami if he feels he has a better opportunity to win elsewhere.  That's it.  

He is obsessed with beating Jordan's 6 titles.  The money, while good, doesn't match what he gets in endorsements, so I don't think that's all that big a consideration.  

I'll say, if the Big 3 all opt-out, it's because they're restructuring the deals to allow Miami to sign a whole new cadre of role players, and/or to reward Ray Allen for Game 6.

That's what I think would happen if the Big 3 all opt-out. It would be to add better role players or to get their next big contracts.

Sounds like Memphis is trying to get rid of yet another 50-game winning coach. Talk about a wacky situation. Its one thing for a team like the Lakers to fire a coach who wins 50 games and then team loses in the playoffs since the expectations here are incredibly high, but Memphis....I thought Joerger did well with a team that had Marc Gasol miss several weeks of the season.

Why in the hell would the NBA ever pick Cleveland as the team to rig the lottery for?  I'm a Cleveland sports fan and I wouldn't rig the lottery for them.  There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the NBA would commit multiple felonies to get a struggling team with a small fanbase quality players, especially if they could have rigged it for teams like the Lakers and the Celtics easier. 

The lottery is rigged folks are the worst. Thankfully this boards NBA threads are more levelheaded in regards to that nonsense. I just don't get the motivation to go that far with pretending to have insight. They really think teams are saying "oh hey Lebron could increase our franchise value by 100,000,000.00 but no just give him to Cleveland." Even the folks that think the Madden video game cover causes injuries look smart compared to them. At least that superstition was built on a long run of coincidences. I hate even complaining about it. Just worn out from months of how the top pick is either Boston or LAs. My fault for reading it though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 

Mike Dunleavy had an interview with GM Mitch Kupchak for Lakers coaching job on Wednesday morning, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked Dunleavy when he coached the Lakers in the early 90s....but that was OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO! C'mon Lakers, give some guy not named Mike a shot to coach the team for a season, before he eventually gets fired. :)

I think Dunleavy interviews EVERY TIME the Lakers have a head coaching vacancy. He's a guy who had the job and left to fucking Milwaukee when he still had the job. I mean, c'mon... Granted he did so when there was a riot in LA, but c'mon.

We should just find Del Harris and hire him again.

Why in the hell would the NBA ever pick Cleveland as the team to rig the lottery for?  I'm a Cleveland sports fan and I wouldn't rig the lottery for them.  There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that the NBA would commit multiple felonies to get a struggling team with a small fanbase quality players, especially if they could have rigged it for teams like the Lakers and the Celtics easier. 

The lottery is rigged folks are the worst. Thankfully this boards NBA threads are more levelheaded in regards to that nonsense. I just don't get the motivation to go that far with pretending to have insight. They really think teams are saying "oh hey Lebron could increase our franchise value by 100,000,000.00 but no just give him to Cleveland." Even the folks that think the Madden video game cover causes injuries look smart compared to them. At least that superstition was built on a long run of coincidences. I hate even complaining about it. Just worn out from months of how the top pick is either Boston or LAs. My fault for reading it though.

Contrary to what prior post might have implied, I don't think was rigged, its just bullshit(random though it may be), that one team can win the lottery 3 times in 4 years? Add in Lebron and its 4 times in 11 years. . .I don';t think the wheel is the answer but WOOF.

• Like 1

My brother-in-law thinks Cleveland should trade the #1 pick to Minnesota for Kevin Love and see if that's enough to bring LeBron back. Irving-Love-LeBron could be pretty potent offensively. Their defense, however... not so much.

I'm not seeing a good reason for Lebron to leave at all. Even if they lose the series to Indiana or get swept by San Antonio, I don't see a good reason for him to leave unless Wade and Bosh both leave first. And why would they? And even then he would probably stay and big stars would come to him. 

My brother-in-law thinks Cleveland should trade the #1 pick to Minnesota for Kevin Love and see if that's enough to bring LeBron back. Irving-Love-LeBron could be pretty potent offensively. Their defense, however... not so much.

The issue there is whether Kevin Love would sign an extension with Cleveland and I doubt that. He's been in Minnesota for like 6 years and going to another team that has had a top 4 pick in the past 4 years and still be in a similar situation that TWolves are in, I just can't see him going there. Does Cleveland gamble on Love just opting in and hoping that after 2 years he'd stay longer? Granted, they have luck always ending up with the top pick, but its a big gamble for the Cavs to make that deal.  

I feel awful for the Cavs fans on Twitter and RGM that are talking as though Love and Lebron coming are a sure thing. They're going to get their hopes and dreams crushed.

Eh, getting dream crushed is part of the daily life of being from Northeast Ohio. Fantasy booking good things is basically all we have. We know it's not going to work out, which is why it's super annoying that fans of teams like the Lakers or the Heat (whom it does work out for) feel the need to run to the front lines and remind us it's a pipe dream. It's like dancing next to someone in a wheelchair.

The Lakers should try and sign both Kevin Love & Lebron, maybe Jack will start watching them again then  :D I actually think it would be a good move for Lebron if he went back to Cleveland and they brought in another top free agent along with him. They already have Irving there and I'm guessing the Cavs are under the salary cap so they could potentially have a new Big 3 plus Kyrie Irving and be potential title contenders. Melo's a free agent too I think if LA do decide to go into major rebuilding mode they might be able to bring in Carmelo and if Kobe gets fit they have a good foundation to build on if they manage to keep Pau & Steve Nash is healthy. There's an article on Bleacher report here which says that the Lakers could potentially sign bargain free agents which includes Bynum (who because of his injuries they could sign to a lower level deal), Bayless, Ed Davis and they talk about maybe Z-Bo going to L.A. 

The reports having the Cavs taking Wiggins. If they got Wiggins, traded for Asik, and had a starting 5 of Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, Thompson and Asik, they'd need a pretty bad coach to fuck that up.

Bah God, King...that's (rumored to be) Vinny Del Negro's music!

Also Alvin Gentry and Lionel Hollins are on the list. Neither is a sexy pick, but they're both competant. VDN is the comedy pick. So guess which one I want to happen.

• Like 1

The Lakers should try and sign both Kevin Love & Lebron, maybe Jack will start watching them again then  :D I actually think it would be a good move for Lebron if he went back to Cleveland and they brought in another top free agent along with him. They already have Irving there and I'm guessing the Cavs are under the salary cap so they could potentially have a new Big 3 plus Kyrie Irving and be potential title contenders. Melo's a free agent too I think if LA do decide to go into major rebuilding mode they might be able to bring in Carmelo and if Kobe gets fit they have a good foundation to build on if they manage to keep Pau & Steve Nash is healthy. There's an article on Bleacher report here which says that the Lakers could potentially sign bargain free agents which includes Bynum (who because of his injuries they could sign to a lower level deal), Bayless, Ed Davis and they talk about maybe Z-Bo going to L.A. 

tumblr_mjqzbcMQ3S1qzbriqo1_500.png

• Like 1

The reports having the Cavs taking Wiggins. If they got Wiggins, traded for Asik, and had a starting 5 of Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, Thompson and Asik, they'd need a pretty bad coach to fuck that up.

Bah God, King...that's (rumored to be) Vinny Del Negro's music!

Also Alvin Gentry and Lionel Hollins are on the list. Neither is a sexy pick, but they're both competant. VDN is the comedy pick. So guess which one I want to happen.

I've heard they're interested in taking Embiid. I also saw the VDN rumor tweeted. I guess its part of the "formerly worked w/ the Suns" angle to the Cavs coaching search.

tumblr_mjqzbcMQ3S1qzbriqo1_500.png

I've never thought of the word "bargain" when thinking of Bynum. Other words have crossed my mind.