DVDVR Message Board

Did they cast anyone as Eric O'Grady for the ant man movie?

If they really wanted to do all three generations, or even just old Pym, they should do it like this:  start with O'Grady as a Fed (or SHIELD agent if they're back by then), and with Lang as a con. Introduce Pym/Jan's daughter (With Jan's personality basically, but more capable) as a love interest for O'Grady and establish that Lang is a smart ex-con with a sick daughter and an ex-wive. Play up that O'Grady is the cocky hotshot protagonist and that Lang is the tragic bad guy. Have them meet up at the end of the first act and both of them end up with the Ant Man tech. O'Grady shows his true colors and sells out. Pym gives Lang a key pep talk about the mistakes he made in life and that it's not too late to turn things around and Lang ends up saving Pym's daughter or something and with a big size changing battle with O'Grady. It ends with them as Ant Man and Wasp and poised to join the Avengers. The double switch would surprise people, etc.

Granted, I would have used a younger Pym but if they want Douglas as Pym, that's the way to go I think. 

well fuck i don't even know what to think anymore about Agents of SHIELD. It's still good but man I don't know where they're headed next week. But I'm excited.

Even better news: the Agent Carter series was greenlit for next season. Hayley Atwell in tight sweaters and pencil skirts on a weekly basis!

Now if they can get Dominic Cooper and Bradley Whitford to join the cast on at least a semi-recurring basis - and maybe bring in Neal McDonough as Dum Dum for an arc or two, this show will be awesome. I can't wait to see who they cast as Phineas T. Horton.

As for Shield, at the risk of inciting the anti-Whedonites, I really hope they shift Ward to a supporting Spike-type role next year and only have him pop up here and there to do evil shit. I've found the core team way more enjoyable with that Commando legacy dude, Triplette, taking his place. With the Deathloks, Garrett turning into Zodiac, hints of Abomination, and Skye apparently being Carol Danvers...there should be enough super-powery action to make the people who gave up on the series take a second look.

• Like 1

I would rather Ward just die personally. I'm happy the show was picked up for a second a season. The second half has been generally good, but things just picked up so damn much since the Winter Soldier tie-in.

It will be interesting seeing what they do with the Hayley Atwell series considering what we know now about Shield from then.

Well per the Winter Soldier, the HYDRA infiltration didn't happen until like the 1970's or so?  Unless they retcon that.  So they could largely avoid that for most of the run of the show depending on if its a success and goes longer.

Good stuff. Liked Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s first half more than some seem to and its even better since returning from its mid-season break. Hope Agent Carter is at the level of the same name as the Marvel One-Shot. For me that's the best one Marvel Studios has done.

Awesome Captain America: The First Avenger/Captain America: The Winter Soldier goodies...

tumblr_n47pkoKnrd1re096yo1_r1_500.gif

fjkdub.jpg

• Like 1

Well per the Winter Soldier, the HYDRA infiltration didn't happen until like the 1970's or so?  Unless they retcon that.  So they could largely avoid that for most of the run of the show depending on if its a success and goes longer.

Pretty sure the infiltration started within Shield's beginnings.

• Like 1

As for Shield, at the risk of inciting the anti-Whedonites, I really hope they shift Ward to a supporting Spike-type role next year and only have him pop up here and there to do evil shit. I've found the core team way more enjoyable with that Commando legacy dude, Triplette, taking his place. With the Deathloks, Garrett turning into Zodiac, hints of Abomination, and Skye apparently being Carol Danvers...there should be enough super-powery action to make the people who gave up on the series take a second look.

Ward turning heel and Triplette replacing him are two of the many big improvements on the show.  The ending of the last episode seemed to put his evilness in stone, but my fear is that they'll reveal that there's some sort of homing beacon in that container thingy and Ward knew it and he dumped them to save them.  They can Spike-ify Ward or kill him off and that's fine with me, but turning him back -- even a Darth Vaderesque last-moment-before-death sacrifice thing (as someone mentioned earlier) -- would be pretty bad.  Yet I imagine that's where they're going.

• Like 1

Based on Ward's backstory, it looks like that's exactly where they are going.  Think it's pretty obvious FitzSimmons will live based on them getting injected in their little escape pod really.  

I think he will have some sort of "death" in the finale, but seeing as to how this is the Marvel Universe and a Whedon show, he could somehow come back later.  

Peterson/Deathlock having a similar moment wouldn't surprise me either.