DVDVR Message Board

This far, everything in this movie I've seen so far looks like everything I want in a movie. I'm definitely getting a Star Wars vibe. This could be something special.

I think it will do comparable business to Thor or Cap 1 at worst.

If the movie does flop, it's not a huge loss.  I see this movie as a sort of an experiment for Marvel anyway.  If it fails, it won't keep them from doing more movies really.

• Like 1

It'll be telling of how well the other movies they make will do at the box office like Ant Man which aren't as well known to the general public as Iron Man or Incredible Hulk or even Thor or Captain America were before they had a movie made for them.  Most people who see comic book movies in the theaters don't read the comic books.

• Like 1

Also, and this is driving me nuts to the extent that I'm going to look like an ass and post about it, when I was a kid in the mid-late 80s (I was 5 in 86, so do the math), I had some toy vehicle which had a clip on thing at the bottom, that looked like a slightly smaller version of Starlord's weapon. It was supposed to be a rocket thing that went on the bottom of some vehicle, so there were fiery stickers on the back. I had a small hand since I was a kid, so I had detatched it and used it as a weapon like that in play and for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I thought it was part of a he-man vehicle but it doesn't look like it. 

Driving me nuts.

It'll be telling of how well the other movies they make will do at the box office like Ant Man which aren't as well known to the general public as Iron Man or Incredible Hulk or even Thor or Captain America were before they had a movie made for them.  Most people who see comic book movies in the theaters don't read the comic books.

They are less well known, but even Thor or Iron Man weren't that well known of characters before they had movies.  And now Captain America is doing comparable business to the Amazing Spider-Man films.  I mean think about that.  10 years ago, the idea of Captain America being more popular than Spider-Man was downright foolish.

• Like 1

Is there any actor/actress a part of more big franchises at the same as Zoe Saldana is being a part now of MCU, Avatar and Star Trek franchises all at the same time?  She's currently at $1,695,951,671 on the lifetime domestic gross of her movies according to boxofficemojo.com.  But with 3 more Avatar's, Guardians of the Galaxy and potentially being a part of Avengers 3 and at least 1 more Star Trek movie that probably grosses her another 2 billion right there, not including any smaller projects inbetween.  Which basically puts her up with the likes of Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford and Samuel L. Jackson as the top all time film grossers.

Jennifer Lawrence?  

Thing is, we're almost 4 and a half years from the last Avatar.  There's going to be like a 6-7 year break in between Avatar 1 and 2 basically.

Also this is only her first time playing Gamora.  She's played Uhura twice.  She's only played Neytiri once.  Lawrence has played Mystique and Katniss more than once now.  So it's not like Saldana is doing them all at the same time...yet.  Maybe they can bring back her Anna Maria character for Pirates of the Carribbean 5 and that would really push her over the top.

She didn't get creditted for the money that POTC made since it was considered only a cameo.  Plus apparently she didn't enjoy working with Gore Verbinski.  I know that he's not directing the POTC movies anymore but he's still involved.