DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, that 8 minute period of play was fantastic.

Chicago fans' scapegoat extends their season for a few more days at least. Also, fuck PJ Stock. Rogers should hold a pre-season special in September and shoot him out of a cannon into shark infested waters.

• Like 1

Two additional intermissions worth of PJ Stock, and no Andi Petrillo in sight? For shame, CBC!!!!

Down Goes Brown suggested on twitter that they just make LA/Chicago a best-of-13 for the Cup. Fully on board with this suggestion.

Petrillo is in Brazil for the World Cup

That makes sense, she'd fit in well in Brazil. 

OK THEN...

As much as I don't really like Kypreos, I'd be fine with a one for one swap of Kypreos and Stock.  At least he has sources. 

• Like 1

He tones down "tough dumb guy" to an almost bearable degree. While I think a lot of PJ's smugness is pretense, his seems genuine though... Before every show, they should subliminally flash images of him face-first on the ice in a pool of his own blood.

Yeah, that 8 minute period of play was fantastic.

Chicago fans' scapegoat extends their season for a few more days at least. Also, fuck PJ Stock. Rogers should hold a pre-season special in September and shoot him out of a cannon into shark infested waters.

Why would you want to poison innocent sharks like that?
  • Like 1

I don't know what it says about me but Kelly Hrudey Adam Oates and Friedman LAUGHING at PJ was pretty awesome. Oates straight mocking him was even better

Friedman is like the put upon substitute teacher who knows he's better than this but he has bills to pay, trying to keep ADD student and future MMA fan Stock in order most nights and it's wonderful.

Because nothing proves you're a tough guy more than squirting water on someone you know gets tossed for retaliating.

Typical Chicago thuggery.

On paper they do anyway. I wonder what Vanek gets in free agency after that showing...

Boy does his turning down all that money from the Isles look like a costly mistake. Any GM who gives him a big contract is a fool.

I don't know if I have properly thanked the Vancouver Canucks yet

They also lost a final to the Isles in 82, so they need to lose to us to complete the NYS hat trick. Unfortunately it won't happen any time soon. The Mets will make the playoffs first (OK, it won't be THAT long).

• Like 1

I was in junior high for the last Rangers cup, jumped on the bandwagon, never left. I haven't followed hockey hardly at all since it left ESPN, so I can't pretend to be a die hard or anything. Hope they win, and will be happy if they do, but I don't think I could name three Rangers besides Lundquist. If my work schedule permits, I'll watch the Finals at least. . . . .