DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

I was in junior high for the last Rangers cup, jumped on the bandwagon, never left. I haven't followed hockey hardly at all since it left ESPN, so I can't pretend to be a die hard or anything. Hope they win, and will be happy if they do, but I don't think I could name three Rangers besides Lundquist. If my work schedule permits, I'll watch the Finals at least. . . . .

IIRC there arent actually three Rangers other than Lundquist so you're ok.

• Like 1

On paper they do anyway. I wonder what Vanek gets in free agency after that showing...

Boy does his turning down all that money from the Isles look like a costly mistake. Any GM who gives him a big contract is a fool.

We need to make a bet right now that on the first day of free agency the Isles give him the exact same offer and he takes it.:)

I don't think the Isles will make the offer, but I bet someone will. Teams with extra cap space thinking "I need just ONE more scoring forward" will be after him.

All I want from NHL free agency is for Ryan Miller to be pouting because the California teams don't end up offering him a contract.

I'd be over the moon to see Vanek on the Panthers at this point. I know he isn't the greatest but after an eternity of seeing them play fringe 2nd liners on the 1st line, 3rd line on the 2nd line, and AHLers in the bottom six he'd be a welcomed addition.

Squirting water is thuggery?

Maybe it's just me but I miss the America that actually had a set of nuts.

Do you really think it takes  "a set of nuts" to physically do something to someone that would cause them, if they retaliated, to be tossed from the game? All because their mean words hurt you. Is that mirror looking back yet?

Squirting water is thuggery?

Maybe it's just me but I miss the America that actually had a set of nuts.

Do you really think it takes  "a set of nuts" to physically do something to someone that would cause them, if they retaliated, to be tossed from the game? All because their mean words hurt you. Is that mirror looking back yet?

Yeah, clearly the real macho thing to do in order to rise above it all is to file a police report for getting squirted with water.

I don't think the Isles will make the offer, but I bet someone will. Teams with extra cap space thinking "I need just ONE more scoring forward" will be after him.

All I want from NHL free agency is for Ryan Miller to be pouting because the California teams don't end up offering him a contract.

Well, 2 of the 3 teams have no reason to pursue a new goalie at all and "blame/replace the goalie" already came up a couple years ago on the San Jose Sharks' Cosmic Wheel Of Playoff Excuses so it won't be time for them to press that particular panic button again until about 2016.

So I think you'll get what you want.

Surely to God Vanek must have been hurt. I really hope so for his sake. Because if not that was the poorest poor man's Miroslav Satan imitation of all time.

I think one of the saddest things about hockey is that Satan never played for the Devils.

• Like 3

I remember in one of the non-EA SNES hockey games, back when non-EA sports games existed, Satan made it in the game but for some reason I don't recall they couldn't get his photo to the game in time. So there was this semi-anonymous guy named SATAN with no photo on one team and some parents that didn't know jack complained that SATAN was in a hockey game.