DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

They are basically the 2010 Flyers or the 2012 Devils in that everything broke their way to win the East but I just don't see them beating either the Hawks or Kings. The one good thing about the Rangers making the finals is that one of my best friends will extend his streak of cup finals attended to 5 (and he hasn't missed a Calder Cup final since 2004).

I was entirely rooting/predicting against the Rangers in the first round (Wanted to see Philly-Pitty in the next round), again in the 2nd (I really wanted to see a the same Final 4 two years in a row), but now I'm rooting for them ('Cuz I hate the Habs).  Before the NYR-MTL series, I basically said the same thing as you guys "I think if the Rangers get through, they're gonna get steamrolled in the finals".  Now, after watching two games, I'm not so sure.  Mainly based off Henrik Lundqvist.  He just looks unbeatable.  So many times tonight I thought "Oh, here comes the tying goal...oh here comes the comeback" but, no, he stopped everything.  I'm not convinced the Blackhawks (who havent't really faced a great goalie playing great before this round) or the Kings (who have trouble scoring goals at the best of times) can score enough goals on Lundqvist to win it.

In some ways, it would be terrible fitting if thirty years after winning a Cup, Glen Sather wins his 6th to ride off into the sunset.

BoDaZZmIgAAQKhH.jpg