DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2014 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Thank you Rangers. Not that they're gonna be an easy out but I don't know any Pens fan who wanted a piece of the Flyers.

I don't pay much mind to the Rangers so maybe this has always been a thing but that was the first time I saw Lundquist sans mask. Wow, what a dead ringer for Bradley Cooper. Even if he wasn't the best goalie around, I imagine he'd be a NY sports hero just by being such a damn handsome man.

How much pot do you think the guys who came up with those Sprint ads with the hamster smoked?

I think another good question is "how the fuck did they decide on Andrew Dice Clay playing the hamster?"

Joe Piscopo is eagerly waiting by his phone.

Sprint should've kept going with the James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell ads, they were amazing.

• Like 1

Fuck what a night of games. Feels like Rangers/Flyers was a week ago.

I had Wild so YAY but I had Sharks so BOO. What a brutal collapse. Gotta blow that shit up big time. Can't see any other options.

Amazing first round. Best I can recall in ages. Round 2 has to disappoint compared to this.

The Kings played like a team trying to win tonight, the Sharks played like a team that was terrified to lose.

How 'bout that Nino Niederreiter, eh?  Scores the tying goal against the Avalanche, Colorado goes back ahead, assists in the late 3rd tying goal with a beautiful pass to Jared Spurgeon, then scores the OT winner.  Points on three straight key Wild goals.  That might end up going down as one of the worst trades of all-time when all is said and done.

I was amazed at how flat the Flyers looked tonight (Missed most of the 3rd, to be fair).

Now we get Ducks-Kings (Should be a bloodbath); Hawks-Wild (Seems pretty titled in Chicago's favour); Bruins-Habs (One of the league's great grudge matches) and Pens-Rags (Which I think is a sleeper for the series that will be the most violent this round).  Should be pretty, pretty, pretty good.

• Like 2

Canucks need to hire Doug Wilson the second he becomes available.

In other news, hockey is a terrible temptress. Who wants to see more of the Kings and fucking Wild?

• Like 1

TSN reporting John Tortorella will be fired tomorrow.

EDIT: Between THAT, the Raptors, ROB FORD & all these game 7's my twitter timeline is updating like 50 tweets every 30 seconds.

Good thing there was no Terra show too.

Well, bring on the annual tradition of The Picking Of The Scapegoat in San Jose, I suppose.

Which deficiency will the team address, and which NEW deficiency that causes the team to fall short next year will be created by fixing this year's deficiency?

Well, bring on the annual tradition of The Picking Of The Scapegoat in San Jose, I suppose.

Which deficiency will the team address, and which NEW deficiency that causes the team to fall short next year will be created by fixing this year's deficiency?

Man, they had a wonderfully built team with a great mix of veterans, youth, size, speed, and talent. I wouldn't change much but there's going to be a huge turnover in reaction of being just the fourth team to blow a 3-0 series lead in NHL history. I think Doug Wilson has consistently put that team in a position to win and am a huge fan of his. Great drafting, smart free agent pick ups, and pretty good at trades (though dumping Ehrhoff to get Heatley stunk).

What do they do with Havlat? He still has a year left at $5 million and the coach just scratched him 6 of 7 playoff games.

Only team left I wouldn't mind seeing win the cup is Munchreal, but I fear for the worst (Boston/LA finals).

How 'bout that Nino Niederreiter, eh?  Scores the tying goal against the Avalanche, Colorado goes back ahead, assists in the late 3rd tying goal with a beautiful pass to Jared Spurgeon, then scores the OT winner.  Points on three straight key Wild goals.  That might end up going down as one of the worst trades of all-time when all is said and done.

I actually had a chance to get his game issued Isles jersey but got the Reasoner one instead because it was game worn. If it was game worn I would've grabbed the Nino one because I figured he'd become a "name" NHL player and jersey would be worth $$$$.

Man, they had a wonderfully built team with a great mix of veterans, youth, size, speed, and talent. I wouldn't change much but there's going to be a huge turnover in reaction of being just the fourth team to blow a 3-0 series lead in NHL history. I think Doug Wilson has consistently put that team in a position to win and am a huge fan of his. Great drafting, smart free agent pick ups, and pretty good at trades (though dumping Ehrhoff to get Heatley stunk).

What do they do with Havlat? He still has a year left at $5 million and the coach just scratched him 6 of 7 playoff games.

Only team left I wouldn't mind seeing win the cup is Munchreal, but I fear for the worst (Boston/LA finals).

Yeah they're in this spot where hitting the panic button and blowing up the team is just as stupid as changing nothing.  The other problem is several other teams in the conference are really good (arguably better) and are going to stay that way, and trying to jiggle the handle every off season (change the coach, change the goalie, change the captain) isn't going to change THAT. 

They continue to be really good but not quite good enough, like they're "one piece away" but getting that piece means giving up someone key and then THAT becomes the new "one piece away".  They were young and fast but Edmonton proved 8 years ago they weren't tough enough, so they got tougher, but that made them older and slower.  And so on and so forth for a decade.

But waiting through all this just means it'll be all the more fun when they finally do break through, right? :unsure:

TSN reporting John Tortorella will be fired tomorrow.

EDIT: Between THAT, the Raptors, ROB FORD & all these game 7's my twitter timeline is updating like 50 tweets every 30 seconds.

I think Ford should be honoured by the Toronto Rock before a game (should also be named the new team mascot).