DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

Right now, it has a silly name, a horrible logo, and...  Apparently a database?  And it's from the guy who launched TNA, which has been incredibly worthy of being mocked since day one.

How soon will we get factions fighting over the database?

That's the plot of episode 1 of Bunkhouse Buck: The Animated Adventures.  Bubba Fett has arrived on Earth and stolen the GFW database off of Jeff Jarrett's kitchen table and it's up to Colonel Robert Fuller's Stud Stable: Global Force Division to get it back.  We'll learn who hired Bubba Fett in episode 2.

A lot of people are giving Jarrett way too much credit for TNA's failures.  He's been out of power there for a long time and TNA isn't any better financially or creatively.  When he was in charge of the house shows, they made money.  Ring Ka King and British Boot Camp were his projects.  He's not a total buffoon.

That said, I'd expect good undercards with overbooked main events full of run-ins.  And I don't think he has as much Music City Mafia money to play with as people think he does and his TV will have less penetration than Spike.  So for now, it's probably best to simply temper any expectations or misgivings towards the company.

Also, Pro Wrestling Draft will always be hilarious to me and GFW did a fantasy version on Twitter.  So many people picked a pregnant lady.  Hilarious.  My picks include THE YEH-TAY and you never have to worry about him taking any paternity leave cause he only does it in the butt.

• Like 1

I just want Jarrett to bring back Don West on commentary. Oh and bring over Aerostar from AAA and make him the new Rey Jr.

I'd watch the shit out of some GFW if every show had an 8 minute Aerostar spotfest.

Well. At least 8 minutes of it.

• Like 1

In a bit of actual news, last week Jarrett met with Simon Inoki of IGF and earlier today he had a meeting with the New Japan president. He seems to be looking around for a Japanese company to form a working relationship with.

In a bit of actual news, last week Jarrett met with Simon Inoki of IGF and earlier today he had a meeting with the New Japan president. He seems to be looking around for a Japanese company to form a working relationship with.

Something cool and different would be if they (the GFW) did some shows in conjuncture with the IGF over in Japan, tape them and air them in the states. I remember really liking the Raw & Smackdown from Japan how ever many years back.

While I have been critical of Etna (great name, btw) bringing in ex WWE guys in the past, I think my criticism has had more to do with how they're treated by TNA one they get there. If you wanna treat Kurt Angle like a BMF, that's all well and good, but the likes of Ken Anderson running through everybody when he came in was ludicrous and exposed a lot of flaws in the way TNA is run. Having said that, there's a LONG list of youngish guys that WWE has let go who I think could be used to at least build a strong base for the half-dozen or so "main guys" you'd want to try to make your top superstars:

John Morrison

Carlito

Shelton Benjamin

Charlie Haas

Luke Gallows

Cliff Compton

Colt Cabana

Ted Dibiase Jr

Paul Burchill

Vance Archer

Harry Smith

You could use these guys, and some TNA free agents, to use as a pool of TV guys for the first few weeks, see if any of them are recognizable enough to get "hot," and go from there. 

Also, I really like the "jobber match" suggestion. Why kill off half your roster before they have a chance to get anything going?

• Like 1

While I have been critical of Etna (great name, btw) bringing in ex WWE guys in the past, I think my criticism has had more to do with how they're treated by TNA one they get there. If you wanna treat Kurt Angle like a BMF, that's all well and good, but the likes of Ken Anderson running through everybody when he came in was ludicrous and exposed a lot of flaws in the way TNA is run. Having said that, there's a LONG list of youngish guys that WWE has let go who I think could be used to at least build a strong base for the half-dozen or so "main guys" you'd want to try to make your top superstars:

John Morrison

Carlito

Shelton Benjamin

Charlie Haas

Luke Gallows

Cliff Compton

Colt Cabana

Ted Dibiase Jr

Paul Burchill

Vance Archer

Harry Smith

You could use these guys, and some TNA free agents, to use as a pool of TV guys for the first few weeks, see if any of them are recognizable enough to get "hot," and go from there.

Also, I really like the "jobber match" suggestion. Why kill off half your roster before they have a chance to get anything going?

Great list. Couldn't agree more on Dibiase. How wwe fucked him up ill never know. He can talk and wrestle.

These Mick Foley videos are good stuff. I have no idea what it has to do with Global Force Wrestling.

Actually it'd be really cool, and good for independent wrestling, if there was a segment on every show where Mick Foley scouts guys are bingo hall shows, and picks a guy to get a shot on GFW. Kind of like whatever that segment was on TNA - but with Mick Foley...and not...you know..any of the American Idol judging shit.