DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

While I have been critical of Etna (great name, btw) bringing in ex WWE guys in the past, I think my criticism has had more to do with how they're treated by TNA one they get there. If you wanna treat Kurt Angle like a BMF, that's all well and good, but the likes of Ken Anderson running through everybody when he came in was ludicrous and exposed a lot of flaws in the way TNA is run. Having said that, there's a LONG list of youngish guys that WWE has let go who I think could be used to at least build a strong base for the half-dozen or so "main guys" you'd want to try to make your top superstars:

John Morrison

Carlito

Shelton Benjamin

Charlie Haas

Luke Gallows

Cliff Compton

Colt Cabana

Ted Dibiase Jr

Paul Burchill

Vance Archer

Harry Smith

You could use these guys, and some TNA free agents, to use as a pool of TV guys for the first few weeks, see if any of them are recognizable enough to get "hot," and go from there.

Also, I really like the "jobber match" suggestion. Why kill off half your roster before they have a chance to get anything going?

Great list. Couldn't agree more on Dibiase. How wwe fucked him up ill never know. He can talk and wrestle.

Virgil has more personality than Ted Jr. 

• Like 1

WGTTs run in ROH has soured me big time on them. A few guys misused or forgotten by WWE like Burchill or Chris Masters are fine. Otherwise you become WWE lite, the same issue TNA always seems to struggle with.

TNA has often come off as wwe lite because they just outright copy WWEs storylines within weeks. From a national standpoint I think Haas and Benjamin have been off the radar long enough,that I wouldn't see that as a negative for Jarrett.

Benoit was pretty bland. Randy Orton is a cure for insomnia. They did OK.

Benoit and Orton still managed to connect with audiences, which is something Dibiase never did even with the blatant ass-kissing that was the "Dibiase Posse" gimmick. They were much better wrestlers, too.

Whoever mentioned 1985 NWA-type ambiance to the shows, I agree. I hope they bring back the studio show in some form, a format that I sorely miss. I'd like to see Scott Steiner cut a crazed interview before stalking over to the ring to suplex some poor jobber. 

Whoever mentioned 1985 NWA-type ambiance to the shows, I agree. I hope they bring back the studio show in some form, a format that I sorely miss. I'd like to see Scott Steiner cut a crazed interview before stalking over to the ring to suplex some poor jobber. 

That was me! You also have to figure that taping in the studio format would be far cheaper than a venue the size of the Impact Zone or taking the show on the road.

So what's going on with this Steiner love? He's good on the stick,but do people really want to see him wrestle? He's a broken down old man.

Hell lets get Bagwell and Nash too.

I'm all for Buff and Big Sexy.

• Like 1

So what's going on with this Steiner love? He's good on the stick,but do people really want to see him wrestle? He's a broken down old man.

Scott, even broken down, is fun to watch. I think he'd be just fine as a Kane level or Bob Holly level guy gate keeper. Scott cutting promos and having brawls with lead pipes is pretty much 10 minutes of show that will deliver.

So Aerostar 8 minute Spotfest, 2 minute Steiner Promo, 10 minute Steiner Concession Stand Brawl. 10 minute Foley Segment. Throw in a weekly Jeff Jarrett MMA seminar, and Harry Smith tooling guys with tiger suplexes and this becomes the best show on television.

• Like 1