DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

it's on WWE.com

warrior1.png

"WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters."

Felt weird sharing space with that last post so I apologize for rapid succession posts. This was partially posted in the Main Event thread.

If there is any truth to the "return of the six-man tag titles" rumor, I'm in full support of it. I've always enjoyed tag matches but in the past few years I've become a fan of six (or more) man tags. There was a big one on an episode of Raw from (I think) 2011 that really showcased how over they can get with the live crowd and it helps keep the booking from falling into the trap of trading wins on Raw and Smackdown and then having a PPV match without a ton of heat. Yesterday's episode of Raw featured another six-man that proves this point.

I'd also like to throw in my support of the skull face masks The Shield have been wearing. Such a cool group.

The "bacon strip" mention went over my head but I'm not even sure I want to know...

Someone mentioned a few pages back that Cena doesn't really "fit the current style" and that's nonsense. He's had great singles matches with Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, and Harper. I'm not the biggest Cena fan in the world but I gotta believe working with him has only helped those guys.

I would like to see Brock get his win back but there's plenty of ways they can go with Cena.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned a few pages back that Cena doesn't really "fit the current style" and that's nonsense. He's had great singles matches with Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, and Harper. I'm not the biggest Cena fan in the world but I gotta believe working with him has only helped those guys.

I would like to see Brock get his win back but there's plenty of ways they can go with Cena.

Cena doesn't fit in the way he doesn't fit in any post-80's era.  I mean in ring, he's fine.  I'm talking purely character wise.

Cena doesn't fit in the way he doesn't fit in any post-80's era.  I mean in ring, he's fine.  I'm talking purely character wise.

This makes no sense.