DVDVR Message Board

A big FU to the stress and getting anxieties all worked up during the Christmas gift buying season. I can't seem to find anything I want to buy without breaking the bank for my friends , family, and most importantly girlfriend. It has frazzled my brain

Amen man.  And FU to me bc my credit card payment is due just before Christmas and I owe more than I make in a check, bc last month I spent more than I wanted to help my GF out with food since she lost her job and I wanted to help where i could, then the finance charges kicked in, so I'm maxed out so voila, owe a crap load on my minimum.  One step foward, two steps back.  At the end of the day, it was my decision to do it so I know it's my fault, so FU to me, for that, just sucks.

Zoloft helped...to a point.  Like I said, I was up to 100mg a day at one point and I still had my issues to some extent.

Can sympathize with the financial issues.  I had to VERY quickly learn to maintain a house, a car, and two dogs on my shoestring income after my mom passed away.  I had a roommate for a while but she bailed without paying her last three months of rent.  I had to run up my credit card to pay some big bills that I was counting on the rent money to cover.  The credit card thing turned into a slippery slope on my part and I've been digging myself out of that hole for the past two years...including selling off all of my old NES/SNES/N64 games so I wouldn't lapse on my car insurance.  I had to pull in a ton of overtime at work while it was available to make ends meet.

A big FUCK YOU to either the ice or a stray dog that caused my little cat Fantomas to sever his spinal column yesterday. We don't know if he was just running around and slipped on the ice or if a dog shook him. There weren't any skin breaks, which makes me inclined to think it was the former, (he tends to zoom around at top speed when he's outside and just loved playing in the snow). When we called him to come in, we heard him cry and found him lying on a patch of ice. He can't move his hind legs or tail and has no control over his bladder and bowels. They don't make colostomy bags, catheters, and wheelchairs for cats, so we have to let him go... He wasn't even two years old....

The worst is going to be when my four-year old niece gets home this weekend. She lives next door and just loved Fantom. He would let her drag him around like a rag doll and would never scratch or even growl about it. I've never seen a cat so tolerant of little kids.

I'm taking all the Christmas shit down this morning. Fuck all that.

I'm so sorry John. It is always so heartbreaking having to put a pet down. Back in March, we had to put my cat, Stewart, to sleep. Feels like yesterday. He had feline leukemia. He had no survival chance. In fact, I think he was dying in my arms here at home before taking him to vet to get the diagnosis. He was so cold. He would have been 8 in May. He is the pet photos thread.

I'm so sorry John. It is always so heartbreaking having to put a pet down. Back in March, we had to put my cat, Stewart, to sleep. Feels like yesterday. He had feline leukemia. He had no survival chance. In fact, I think he was dying in my arms here at home before taking him to vet to get the diagnosis. He was so cold. He would have been 8 in May. He is the pet photos thread.

Thanks, Jerry. I'll post some photos as soon as I get the attachment for my phone to download them. This hasn't been a good couple of years, we lost Carnacki summer before last. (Apparently he'd been hit by a car YEARS ago, and eventually his intestines eventually got all twisted up. He came through the surgery just fine, but contracted pneumonia and he just sort of gave up; cats don't really have a whole lot of fight in them when they're sick, instinct is to just give up.).

We adopted Fantom shortly after that, he was found in a cage out on the rez with no food or water, so the poor little guy has been on borrowed time his whole life. He disappeared on us in October (we thought for sure that someone grabbed him because he's so friendly he'll go up to anyone), but amazingly enough, he showed up at the door a week later, very thin and hungry so we figure he was trapped in a garage or something.  So I guess these last two months with him were a gift.

Feline Leukemia is awful. I can't stress strongly enough to always get cats vaccinated for it. It is so contagious that a cat can catch it just from bumping noses with an infected cat.

FUCK YOU Super Ape for accidentally putting a sealed package in the garbage can and taking it to the curb.

FUCK YOU whoever saw the package and took it from the can before my wife could get out to the garbage and bring it in.

But especially FUCK YOU to the letter carrier who thought it was a good idea to hide the package UNDER A GARBAGE CAN and leave a note that went unnoticed before my wife looked down at the foyer. What kind of thoughts go in your head to do that? Fuck, I wouldn't even mind going to the distribution center to pick it up, but this is just careless AND lazy.

Oh, and FUCK YOU USPS phone lines for dropping my call THREE TIMES when I go to file the complaint. The worst part is, I don't even know who the package is from, so I can't even tell them what happened. FUCK.

Had to go to the doctor and slept at least 20 to 30 hours (or more!) this week. And had to miss work because of it.

Not to incur the wrath of Math, but shouldn't you be getting 6 to 8 hours a night anyway for optimum efficiency as a human being.  20 to 30 hours of sleep doesn't seem too out of the realm of possibility.

Radio stations should start playing Christmas music around 6 pm on December 23rd, and stop at 12:01 am on December 26th.

I second this.  Furthermore, Wonderful Christmastime and Last Christmas are not acceptable Christmas songs and steep fines should be levied against any station that acts otherwise.

Zimbra, you sonofabitch, Last Christmas fucking rules!!!

There's five Christmas songs I need to hear each year, and that's it, everything else can fuck off.

1. Jingle Hells Bells

2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby version only

3. Blue Christmas - Porky Pig version only

4. Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC

5. Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin and the Chipmunks. Loved that damn song when I was a kid, and my nephew loves it now.

• Like 1

Zimbra, you sonofabitch, Last Christmas fucking rules!!!

There's five Christmas songs I need to hear each year, and that's it, everything else can fuck off.

1. Jingle Hells Bells

2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby version only

3. Blue Christmas - Porky Pig version only

4. Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC

5. Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin and the Chipmunks. Loved that damn song when I was a kid, and my nephew loves it now.

I'm not satisfied until I hear Boney M's "Mary's Boy Child"!

• Like 1

I need to here the previously mentioned Christmas in Hollis by Run-DMC to actually belive that it is getting close to the Holidays.

I also need too hear:

1. It's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2

2. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Whirling Dervishes

3. Father Christmas - The Kinks (yeah I know it is about a kid getting mugged).

4. Oh, Holy Night - Eric Cartman

5. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bruce mother fucking Springsteen

Eff 98.77% of Christmas music.  It's nothing more than a means to get an easy pop from the audience, because who's really going to boo when someone's kid warbles out an off-key version of Silent Night.  I WILL, THAT'S WHO.  THE FEELINGS OF YOUR LOINS' PRODUCT IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO ME!

God bless us, everyone.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have to admit that I see Christmas music as a subtle brainwashing attempt by retail chains to get someone to feel festive before they ready to.  Christmas spirit isn't something you flip on and off like a light switch.

Yeah, I have to admit that I see Christmas music as a subtle brainwashing attempt by retail chains to get someone to feel festive before they ready to.  Christmas spirit isn't something you flip on and off like a light switch.

Well, you can always keep the Christ in Christmas and insist that all Christmas music have a strong religious orientation.

My five Christmas songs are:

Silent Night-The Temptations

Mary's Baby Boy- Boney M

I Wish It Was Christmas Today- Julian Casablancas

Christmas In Hollis- RUN DMC

Christmas Time Is Here-Vince Guaraldi Trio

If I ever meet the fucker that made that Christmas Shoes song, I'm gonna do some unspeakable shit to him.

If I ever meet the fucker that made that Christmas Shoes song, I'm gonna do some unspeakable shit to him.

That's the song I was thinking about in my previous post.  What a weasel-y thing to unleash upon the unsuspecting masses.  I don't care for much Christmas music, anyway.  But I can respect the Peanuts soundtrack and Nat King Cole because they're legit good songs, regardless of the season.  Christmas Shoes is emotionally dishonest AND hard on the ears.  No fucking way is that acceptable.  I'd strangle them with some twinkling lights, make them choke on some tinsel.  FUCK THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES!

Yuletide and Christmas pride, boys and girls.

• Like 1