The bitchiest, most defensive fans in America

Swift

Things I like, but don't evangelize for:

Pitbull owner

Cat owner

Redskin name change

Comic Fanboy

Things I evangelize:

Eta: As I said on Twitter the other day, the worst part about anything is the evangelical fans.  The only things I will defend are Fred Rogers and (maybe) pre-9/11 Captain America

Team Breezy is Chris Brown fans. It's a 21st century Hip-Hop thing. Lil Wayne = Weezy, Kanye = Yeezy, Drake = Dreezy, etc...

That's just terrible,

Turns out there are only five groups I definitely belong to:

- Dawkins-style hardcore atheists

- Edward Snowden fans

- Comic book fanboys

- Video gamers and

- "Prestige" TV fans

I'm no fan of the 19 amendment, but what the fuck are men's rights activists?

You know how every Christian who believes Christians are now "persecuted" in America invariably believes that because Christians (sometimes) lack the power to enforce their religious beliefs upon on others, and because people are free to mock Christians and Christianity without being stoned to death?

That - Religion x about 5000% more misogyny = men's rights activists.

I like the things you say.  I wish I could get my minister cousin to understand this.  Also, there is definitely a "rape culture" in America designed to blame the victims.  Hell, there is a law in Michigan being pushed to force woment to buy "rape insurance".  That should tell you all you need to know.

I grew up southern baptist in the 80's, and we were absolutely taught constantly about how the world hates us and wants us destroyed.

Now that I belong to the Atheist/Antitheist grouping, I can recognize that maybe, just maybe people disliked us because were were self-righteous dicks. ;)

Other items:

Comics -- I have had my moments here.

Trekkie -- definitely

• Like 1

I'm no fan of the 19 amendment, but what the fuck are men's rights activists?

You know how every Christian who believes Christians are now "persecuted" in America invariably believes that because Christians (sometimes) lack the power to enforce their religious beliefs upon on others, and because people are free to mock Christians and Christianity without being stoned to death?

That - Religion x about 5000% more misogyny = men's rights activists.

I like the things you say. I wish I could get my minister cousin to understand this. Also, there is definitely a "rape culture" in America designed to blame the victims. Hell, there is a law in Michigan being pushed to force woment to buy "rape insurance". That should tell you all you need to know.

Not just pushed, passed and just entry into effect.

Hell, I'll go first:

Redskins Name Change People (If you disagree, you're a racist)

What about Indian* schools, like some here in Spokane, that have "Redskin" as their name?

Note: that should not be interpreted as some "black people call themselves the n-word, why can't I?" thing.

* - Being in Spokane, I have had the pleasure of knowing many a person of Native American descent.  Every single one has referred to themselves as "Indian".

Anyone who thinks Redskin is a fine name but who wouldn't dream of using that word when talking to or about an actual Native American person should suffer immediate brain explosure...unless they're, you know, a hypocrite and a bullshit artist. 

In that case their brain will remain intact...for what it's worth.

I think (assume, possibly) that Tabe is referring to a school on tribal land which has a mostly-or-entirely native student base that likes the name.

If a school with Native American (I'll stick with calling them Native Americans the same way I don't push my luck with friends of black friends) students, faculty and administration want to keep the name, then I'm fine with that for them.

Dan Snyder? Not so much.

Maybe their readers just really hate vegans? It seems like the finals will probably be Christian Conservatives Vs. Anti-Vaxxers. A truly horrid battle for the ages.

Soccer fans will win just because they're an easy scapegoat for every other bracket. 'Murica.

I think soccer fans are probably going to fall in the second round to Red Sox fans.

As a lifelong Yanks fan, I suspect that the Bosox's historical perception of loveable incompetence will lose out to the fact that every one in America hates soccer. Everyone.

Boston fans will win out, on account of most people in America not caring about soccer more than hating it.

And Red Sox fans win out with 62.57% of the vote.