DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Storm Isha is battering the UK.

Yeah, I saw y'all were getting Tornado watches and stuff... that's my thing! Y'all do not need them! 😉  (stay safe!)

Edited by JLSigman
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 3:19 PM, AxB said:

Apparently, Tesla's cannot work if they're exposed to below freezing temperatures. The batteries need to be kept warm, so they'll drain power heating themselves, and then when they're out of power, they're permanently unable to ever function again. They're no longer batteries, they're basically frozen bricks.

Oh, and letting them get frozen is a violation of your warranty, so Elon doesn't have to pay for repair or replacement. You should have left it plugged in all night and all day, and not driven it to work and parked it there.

Going to be great, really great when everyone in the Northeast is forced to buy electric cars.

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Last week: snowed twice, didn’t get above freezing 

Today: 70 degrees 

Maryland, everybody!

In South Carolina, we went from 17 on Sunday morning to 74 yesterday. We'll be back in the 30 - 50 range by Sunday again. (insert "slide whistle.mp3" here)

• Sad 1

Same here, big time. And it's weird in that it peeled off and moved back, waited a night and half a day, and rolled right back in. Late today it's finally gone though. We've had heavy rain periodically which is probably why. 

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The weird thing here the last couple days is the fog that came with the rapid temperature change.

I drove from home to the office in Rockville yesterday and it was like Silent Hill out here in MoCo.

• Like 1

Blasting your headlights into a foggy woodland at the end of an empty cul-de-sac and turning your engine off is a great way to test whether you are still scared of Jason Vorheeses even in your 50s.

spoiler: you are still scared of Jason Vorheeses.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Anyone ever driven through freezing fog? Because I have. 

You don't want to drive through freezing fog. 

Biking through it is no picnic, either!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:25 AM, Shartnado said:

Biking through it is no picnic, either!

Looool fucking Scandinavia.  I’ve only been there once but experiencing dusk but still light outside at like 11pm on Aland freaked me out.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Looool fucking Scandinavia.  I’ve only been there once but experiencing dusk but still light outside at like 11pm on Aland freaked me out.

That place freaks us out as well, don't worry!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I always tell people on my first trip to Alberta in February (2004/2005), I packed for an arctic trip and it was 45 F. 

a few years later, I go in May and it snows. 

• Haha 1