DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

I think the Origins boss battles are getting overblown but the Firefly fight is 100x more interesting in that one than Knight's equivalent. It was too easy but at least it wasn't just driving around the city with an annoying voice actor yelling at you. The one Origins boss that was unique and a lot of fun was the final Bane encounter. The rest of them were okay but by the end they were played out. I can see why Rocksteady wanted to go in a different direction. They just picked the "wrong" direction is all.

Currently stuck on the Arkham Knight's damn excavator crap.  Basically a combination of the BS cloud burst fight and the Riddler races.  I am literally in a "fuck you game" mood at this point with Arkham Knight.  Nothing in any of the previous games was this bad or tedious.  At least the Mr. Freeze fight was hard in a cool way.  There is nothing cool about how shitty the Batmobile controls are.

I didn't find the excavator as bad as the last Riddler race. I pretty much used the same tactics, I ran through the tunnels to get the layout down each time before luring him in.

I do think some of the Batmobile stuff is worse than the AR challenges in City though.

• Like 1

Currently stuck on the Arkham Knight's damn excavator crap.  Basically a combination of the BS cloud burst fight and the Riddler races.  I am literally in a "fuck you game" mood at this point with Arkham Knight.  Nothing in any of the previous games was this bad or tedious.  At least the Mr. Freeze fight was hard in a cool way.  There is nothing cool about how shitty the Batmobile controls are.

Honestly isn't that hard. Just wait in front of one of the three tunnels and wait for AK to show up. The tunnels aren't that difficult to maneuver through compared to some of the Riddler race tracks. 

You have to run the track yourself, without AK chasing you, then lure him in. That's how I did it.

The problem with the Riddler races was the camera. It didn't adjust properly. I couldn't tell where I was at, up or down, left or right.

You have to run the track yourself, without AK chasing you, then lure him in. That's how I did it.

The problem with the Riddler races was the camera. It didn't adjust properly. I couldn't tell where I was at, up or down, left or right.

I noticed myself holding my head sideways in multiple sections to try to see what was actually happening.

Agreed. That was particularly bad when you have to drive on the walls. I lost my sense of positioning and continually either hit the barrier on the last lap or nosedived into the water.

Finished the roads and occupy missions. That boss fight was rather disappointing.

I've done everything now apart from Penguin and Riddler missions. Riddler is sitting on 69.2% and i still need to solve 209 riddles, Penguin is still locked at 40%. I tried wandering around where the next location should be to jump start it to working but nothing. Think i'm just going to push forward and finish the main story at this point and see if it unlocks after.

I've finished all the main Riddler missions. The last race I cleared on the third try...not bragging, but I did the "noob" method of completely letting off the gas during the tricky parts and easing my way through. A little bit of luck was involved, but whatever.

I also cleared out all of the firefighters, the remaining transports, and a couple of the roads missions. All I have left is those GODDAMN AWFUL Firefly missions and I think three or four roads checkpoints. In the main story, I'm on the "track Gordon" part...like, 80% clear there.

it's a bit absurd how you "stumble across" side missions. Like, all of the firefighters were around, but were in such off the wall places that I needed an online guide for the coordinates. Don't even get me started on the transports....hey, there's one, driving around! And here's six cars from out of nowhere for you to destroy! Good luck! Ridiculous.

It's a fun game, don't get me wrong...but I'm just a bit frustrated about some aspects of it.

I've finished all the main Riddler missions. The last race I cleared on the third try...not bragging, but I did the "noob" method of completely letting off the gas during the tricky parts and easing my way through. A little bit of luck was involved, but whatever.

I also cleared out all of the firefighters, the remaining transports, and a couple of the roads missions. All I have left is those GODDAMN AWFUL Firefly missions and I think three or four roads checkpoints. In the main story, I'm on the "track Gordon" part...like, 80% clear there.

it's a bit absurd how you "stumble across" side missions. Like, all of the firefighters were around, but were in such off the wall places that I needed an online guide for the coordinates. Don't even get me started on the transports....hey, there's one, driving around! And here's six cars from out of nowhere for you to destroy! Good luck! Ridiculous.

It's a fun game, don't get me wrong...but I'm just a bit frustrated about some aspects of it.

With my backlog, this is why I do a few side missions as I come across them and mainly focus on main story stuff. The rare exceptions are RPGs where doing more additional stuff will be of benefit to you towards the end of the game. Even then, I never try to do EVERYTHING. I think the closest I have come is Arkham Asylum, and I could not tell you what my actual percentage there was. Just the guide I used said "while you're here, might as well grab this riddler trophy or solve this riddle."

There is no way I can be bothered to do 250 riddles. So I looked up the full ending on Youtube, there's many ways to interpret it, be interesting to see if Rocksteady make another Batman game what it will be like and when it would be set.

Honestly the biggest reason I keep at the riddles is wanting to punch out Riddler. So noted, if I can do that after I may go with the basic ending and google the 'true' ending later.

Also the one where you have to shoot targets with the Batmobile cannon is completely infuriating. When they all light up there's no way to track and shoot fast enough.

• Like 1

Use the multi-missiles. Turn around and winch the power supply to keep the batmobile's secondary weapon charge up. While doing this, turn the turret around and start shooting with the missiles for the multi targets. Took me a while to notice the power winch behind the question mark pad.

I too did the riddles to make sure Riddler got his.

• Like 1

So, this is annoying.

Penguin finally unlocked after pushing one more checkpoint in the main story, i'm sitting on 13/14 side missions complete. Rather than do the remaining 200 riddles, i decided to finish the main story, watch the none complete ending, then do the riddles at my own leisure.

All well and good except I've encounter what seems to be a pretty damn big glitch/oversight. I finished the main story, and no spoilers, but to activate the ending you go back to your mission wheel and press the squire button (PS4). However i have no option to do that and its telling me to complete the 14th mission before i can access the ending. I did a little googling and it seems i'm not the only one. The most common problem seems to be that if you complete too many side missions before finishing the game you get past the point of the non 100% ending and have to finish them all to proceed! Most people seem stuck where i am, only needing to finish the riddles and understandably wanting to take there time with it.

I'm now left with the choice of either watching the ending online or spending the next week hunting down trophies before i can finish the game.

Edit: After a little more googling. Apparently you need 7-12 side missions for the non complete ending but if you do 13 you have to finish all 14 to get any sort of ending. This isn't a glitch or a mistake, its how the game is designed except at no point does it tell you any of this.

Apologies if this was already covered in the thread here, I've tried to stay away as much as possible to keep spoiler free!

I think I may have goofed on the Penguin mission.  It finally opened up, so I went to do it.  By sheer happenstance, the start point of the mission was like, right where I was currently at in the batmobile, so they saw me and bounced.  It let me go ahead and select mission again, but the van was in a different spot this time.  Am I going to be one mission short of completing this thing or nah?

I'm almost 1/3 through the Riddler trophies, a little over 70 in. Some have been fun working out, others not so much! I've used a guide a couple if times for locations since it's faster than beating the info out of all those poor Riddler henchmen. I'm working through one island at a time, I've got 6 left to find on Bleake Island before moving on.

So I have to find Man-Bat one more time. Is there an area he is in, I've been searching forever.

Pretty sure the last one was on Founders' Island. I don't know if he has a set location or if he just randomly flies about. He won't show up until you are far enough into the game though. Just listen for the screeching, jump into detective mode and scan the skies.

I think I may have goofed on the Penguin mission. It finally opened up, so I went to do it. By sheer happenstance, the start point of the mission was like, right where I was currently at in the batmobile, so they saw me and bounced. It let me go ahead and select mission again, but the van was in a different spot this time. Am I going to be one mission short of completing this thing or nah?

You should be fine I think. I don't think they unlock out of order anyway, there's only one available at a time. The starting point of the van probably just changes if you fail it the first time.

• Like 1