DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

The ending is good, unless you didn't do all the Most Wanted Missions. Then it kind of falls flat. Which reminds me, somethings kind of irked me now that I think about it.

Jason Todd was too easily convinced to turn face.

The lack of Harley Quinn in story mode. I figured she would've had a bigger role considering she has her own DLC and everything.

Nightwing is a schmuck. First he gets owned by Harley then Penguin gets his hands on him.

The pay-off with Scarecrow is kind of disappointing. I figured he would actually die, since he was the actual big baddy.

Deathstroke cameo was cool, but color me unsurprised when his boss fight was a..... TANK BATTLE!

I also forgot to mention the Killer Croc cameo. He was fully modeled (and mutated), yet he didn't make a single appearance besides two seconds in that cut scene.

Didn't do all the Riddler shit yet, but looked up the real ending on youtube. Now I'm craving for more story DLC.

So I got it Sunday upon returning from Honeymoon and due to an install glitch and back to work haven't had much time with it yet. That said I already kind of hate the Batmobile and the whole thing of "No you have to wait to find the next clue" on the side missions is pretty fucking infuriating too. I also think the extra texturing kinda ruins the look a bit and the creeping militarism weirds me out. And why fuck around with controls four games in? And fuck that x-ray clue search forever.

Like, it's still Arkham so it's fun and there's a lot I like but I'm already feeling like the last couple games did more with less.

Big Batman: Arkham Knight spoilers from the YouTube videos I’ve watched.

I’ve a feeling you really will or really won’t like the ending. I did…after notable reflection. Batman is found to be Bruce Wayne (didn’t expect that) and initiates the Knightfall Protocol faking his death by blowing Wayne Manor up to protect them. Commissioner Gordon is now Mayor. A couple and child are held up resembling the Waynes but are stopped as someone unidentified jumps towards them. It’s open to interpretation as to whom. I’d like to think Dick Grayson or Terry McGinnis as Batman, maybe Barbatos with the flying bat logo in flames ; ). Not keen on Tim and Babs as a couple.

I thought The Dark Knight Rises had a lot of people finding out Batman’s secret identity. In this game Joker, Hush, Commissioner Gordon, Scarecrow and those watching TV know Bruce Wayne is Batman. When Batman is unmasked, he resembles Ben Affleck.

Kevin Conroy delivered THOSE lines!!!

Happy The Joker’s returned as part of Batman. Batman has to fight the devil on his shoulder or rather inside him. I like this. I’ll never tire of Mark Hamill’s Joker. The Joker twist works better here unlike in Arkham Origins.

A gruesome recreation of The Killing Joke as Joker paralyses Barbara Gordon and will probably go down as one of the most memorable Arkhamverse moments. Mark Hamill’s wanted to voice the Joker in an animated adaptation of The Killing Joke. I remember further references to The Killing Joke by Joker previously in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

Some dark Joker dialogue to go with the above Killing Joke…Joker says to Batman about Barbara Gordon:  “I had no idea she worked for you when I shot her. I just got lucky.” Have to admit I chuckled at what came next after a couple of seconds pause as I didn’t see it coming: “Seriously! I was aiming for her head”. More Joker: “Besides you can’t save all of Barbara! I killed half of her already!” and “Y’know if I’d ever been curious about your identity I would’ve torn that mask off years ago. I always figured the truth would be a let-down but I have to admit, masquerading as Gotham’s least interesting socialite is one hell of a cover story. The dead parents are just the icing on the cake!”

Figured Jason Todd was the favourite to be the Arkham Knight. I particularly like how Jason Todd’s Arkhamverse origin story from Robin to Arkham Knight is a mixture of A Death in the Family and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. The uncut version of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker has always stayed with me for what happened to Tim Drake and the fight between Batman/The Joker. One of the most disturbing moments in the history of Batman.

Foreshadowing…When Batman headbutts Arkham Knight’s mask, he has to remove the faceplate resembling Batman’s cowl and bring down the mask underneath, the Red Hood look.

The Joker in this game is one of the most evil versions of the character belonging with The Killing Joke, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and The Dark Knight.

Legit LOLS at the Joker’s “I Can’t Stop Laughing” song and dance routine.

I was happy to return to where it all started, Arkham Asylum.

Rocksteady did a great job with the creepy Professor Pyg who’s one of the best recent Batman creations with Damian Wayne and Doctor Simon Hurt, all created by Grant Morrison. This is Pyg’s debut in the Arkhamverse.

A Lex Luthor voice mail left for Bruce Wayne. I got more out of the one by Kate Kane/Batwoman asking if Bruce will attend her and Maggie Sawyer’s engagement party. The: “No one’s seen you in months, Bruce. And you taught me the value of keeping up appearances”. Batwoman active in Arkham Knight? I wanted Batwoman to be a playable character but didn’t get my hopes up thinking she wouldn’t be. I’m just glad we got a cameo and she’s engaged to Maggie! Fuck you DC editorial interference!

I found out about the Man-Bat jump scare from Ligerbusa and it made me jump when watching it. Didn’t Killer Croc have two in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City? I know there was Tiny from Arkham City.

Out of the characters who appear in Batman: Arkham City and Arkham Knight excluding alternate skins, I’d say all have better Arkhamverse character designs in Batman: Arkham City.

Reading around online challenge mode/challenge maps when you choose a character (in Arkham Asylum you could only play as Batman, you have a choice of four in Arkham City) and a challenge aren't in Batman: Arkham Knight. I’m sort of surprised as it’s an Arkham tradition but then I’m not thinking its withheld DLC which is crappy. Challenge mode/challenge maps are both fun and frustrating.

I love the Batmobile in Pursuit Mode. Fucking hate it in Battle (Tank) mode.

Didn't think the Batmobile's Battle mode looked good from the start, that was always my biggest concern. The other was the story.

Question for folks that have beaten the game.

How do you get the blood sample from Man-Bat?

Once there's a sighting, you have to fly closeish to him...I think the cutscene was triggered when I got within 10-20m

I'm not even off the first island and the Batmobile shit is making me want to throw the fucking controller at a wall.

As I said to my roommate, it's like an insistent host trying to show off his new toy at a party.

"Have you tried the hot tub Carl?"

"Yeah I was in it a bit ago. It's nice."

"You should get back in. Did you know there are jets?"

"Well actually I'm talking to Brenda now and..."

"Get in the hot tub Carl."

I'd like it more if I didn't have to use it every five minutes is what I'm saying.

• Like 2

I'm not even off the first island and the Batmobile shit is making me want to throw the fucking controller at a wall.

As I said to my roommate, it's like an insistent host trying to show off his new toy at a party.

"Have you tried the hot tub Carl?"

"Yeah I was in it a bit ago. It's nice."

"You should get back in. Did you know there are jets?"

"Well actually I'm talking to Brenda now and..."

"Get in the hot tub Carl."

I'd like it more if I didn't have to use it every five minutes is what I'm saying.

The overuse of the Batmobile is the main criticism I've seen, this and the Batmobile's Battle mode. Outside of that, driving around seems to get a pass.

I'll put in spoilers:

Batmobile and stealth levels. Really???

• Like 1

Question for folks that have beaten the game.

How do you get the blood sample from Man-Bat?

Once there's a sighting, you have to fly closeish to him...I think the cutscene was triggered when I got within 10-20m

THANKS!

Also, I love the meta-as-fuck comment from Riddler during one of the challenges about Batman being "too attached to his tank".

I just hit the 100% mark, ending with the main story after finishing up the Riddler challenges. I loved it. This game is great and quickly became a personal favorite of mine, even topping City. Rocksteady have gone out on a wonderful note.

Going to try to platinum it and will play through the DLC stuff, though I heard they are criminally short. Ah well. I got too much joy playing the first half as Adam West's Batman.

After struggling with the batmobile early on, I dug in on the AR challenges and it helped a lot as I was ready to kick ass in the game proper. Yeah, too much batmobile but the I learned to enjoy the controls after some training. I feel like this game wanted to push players and really make them work for a lot of the challenges and side missions. I enjoyed that. It kicked my ass but I have enough time, working from home for the time being, to be able to power through it.

I should say that I have some core issues with the idea of Batman, the character and symbol, but the game stuck to its mythology and I can't blame them for that.

I needed to cheat via IGN's guide on about 15 or so. They actually made quite a few of them good challenges with neat puzzles. I've always been a sucker for the riddles too. Like I said earlier, having spotify going eased my pain considerably.

I love how, after Rocksteady threw a bunch of shade to discredit Arkham Origins and say it wasn't a real Batman series title to them, they've stolen the Detective Mode crime scene reconstruction.

Now if only they could steal the boss fights and lack of Batmobile.

(I'm still enjoying the game but some stuff is still just intensely frustrating)

I love how, after Rocksteady threw a bunch of shade to discredit Arkham Origins and say it wasn't a real Batman series title to them, they've stolen the Detective Mode crime scene reconstruction.

Now if only they could steal the boss fights and lack of Batmobile.

(I'm still enjoying the game but some stuff is still just intensely frustrating)

WB Games Montreal is also developing the Batgirl DLC, so there's that too.

I decided to try to Platinum Batman: Arkham Asylum (oh god the challenges) prior to doing Arkham Knight.

So my question is

Anyone think the events of Arkham City and Arkham Knight are Batman still under the effects of the fear toxic from Arkham Asylum?

There is a neat little Superman shoutout in the game.  Overheard thugs talking, and one is like "maybe we should try to hit Metropolis next", and his mate is all "You think Batman is tough? You want no part of the cape they got over there".

I had to take a break after

Barbara shot herself.

I mean, it's one of those things where I imagine it will be reversed in some way later in the game (I hope anyway*), but it still sucked pretty bad in the moment.

As long as the reversal doesn't result in her being revealed as the Arkham Knight. I don't know why, but that was one of the first things I thought of after I got over the shock of her death.

I stayed away from this thread, and anything involving the game on the internet, to keep me spoiler free. I happened to have last week off work so I've been putting some time into it. I'm 90% done on the main story and 79% done overall. Just glossing over the last couple of pages of this thread, am i right in thinking i need to beat all the side missions in order to get the proper ending? I was going to do everything but the riddles, finish the story, then go back and finish those since they look like they will take time. Might have to rethink that though if that's the case.

I stayed away from this thread, and anything involving the game on the internet, to keep me spoiler free. I happened to have last week off work so I've been putting some time into it. I'm 90% done on the main story and 79% done overall. Just glossing over the last couple of pages of this thread, am i right in thinking i need to beat all the side missions in order to get the proper ending? I was going to do everything but the riddles, finish the story, then go back and finish those since they look like they will take time. Might have to rethink that though if that's the case.

Yes. Good luck with the riddles. You're gonna need some outside help.

Don't wanna buy the season pass, but I wanna play the Harley Quinn story. Decisions, decisions...

Fair enough. Yeah, I'll probably end up hitting YouTube after a while just to blow through them. I ended up getting all the Riddler trophies in the previous games, I just did them in my own time after I beat them.

I've got 2 side missions left to finish, then just a few more firefighters to find, road blocks to blow up etc. And about 200 riddles....

The Harley Quinn missions came with my version, along with some Scarecrow stuff and an alternate batmobile. I'm not sure, I thought I read that the Harley, Scarecrow and Red Hood missions wouldn't be included in the season pass. That they were various pre-order bonuses that would probably be released as their own DLC packs at some point. Not downloaded any of it yet. I'm also on the fence about the season pass. Alternate skins don't really do anything for me so it will depend on how much content these new stories come with. I'm guessing we won't know that though until they release one.