DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

I've completed everything except a handful of Riddler trophies in order to capture Riddler before I activate the Knightfall protocol.  Though the game has given me the option to activate the Knightfall protocol now before that.  The main trophies I need are tricky, they are those race ones where you have to activate a question mark pad and race against the clock.

Compared to the previous two Rocksteady Batman games, the final act was a letdown.  I just found it so hard to believe this is the game that Rocksteady goes out on the Batman franchise on.  

Thought I was doing great on the Riddler trophies, until I looked and saw that I've only gotten 83 of them.  I hate the Riddler stuff so much.

Yeah, I thought I was doing OK, until the Riddler came on the radio saying I had only done 25%.  I think that is my cue to finish the game, and look up the 100% ending on YouTube.

So if you apply the Knightfall protocol before everything is done, can you still go back and get everything. Do you have to catch the Riddler. I need to more most wanted to be able to start it. Do you need to finish the

Azrael

stuuff?

Don't know if you can go back and watch the full ending after you've finished the side quests after watching the incomplete one as it didn't unlock for me.

From what I could make out from googling. If you complete 7-12 side missions you get the incomplete ending but if you hit 13 before beating the game you have to do all 14 to get any ending.

Avoiding spoilers, is the Knightfall protocol basically the home stretch of the game?  Regardless, I'm about to get some "guidance" on the Riddler trophies.

That's what I did. I got roughly 100 trophies on my own...and the other 150 or so with help.

If I recall correctly, I don't see how you could find a lot of them unless you know exactly where they are. Not like you could stumble upon them. I didn't feel like beating up 200 green thugs.

Some of the trophies, particularly those that use the batmobile, are pretty neat. Definitely had to rely on youtube guides for a decent number of them though.

I interrogated Riddler thugs until I had them all, you usually get ~5 riddle locations per thug.

OK, finished all the Riddles and activated the Knightfall Protocol.  The Riddler trophies and breakables are a pain, but they are worth doing since it's basically the actual ending for the game.  

The final stretch of the game was incredibly meh, especially in comparison to Origins, Asylum and City.  I will probably need a bit of a break before I start New Game+ with how much parts of this game really tried my patience.

Also the game does have hidden Easter eggs like Arkham City.  Here is one that was found:

• Like 1

Thought I was doing great on the Riddler trophies, until I looked and saw that I've only gotten 83 of them. I hate the Riddler stuff so much.

Batman: Arkham Asylum handled the Riddler trophies best with 240. Rocksteady went overboard with them in Arkham City, 440. I managed to do them all in both games.

I bought GamesMaster for the Batman: Arkham Knight review knowing the scores of the two other Rocksteady entries. Batman: Arkham Knight scored 90%. Main criticism of the game is the Batmobile. “It might sound a little cynical, but the best reason to throw points at your wheels is because these sections and generally the most tedious that the game forces you to interact with. The better the Batmobile, the faster you can power your way through them, and get back to the good stuff.” Batman: Arkham Asylum scored 96%. Batman: Arkham City 97%.

I've still got a ton of riddles to track down, haven't really been on there much this past week. But my thoughts on the game as a whole:

City is definitely the best Arkham game for me. It improved on pretty much everything from an already great Asylum. Origins is hard to place. I know it gets a lot of hate for the glitches and the fact they were never fixed but I didn't experience any so I can only go on what I played. It felt like a small step back for me, or at very least a step to the side. Great boss fights but it was far to similar to City to beat it.

Knight, I loved playing it and it still beats 90% of the games out there but there're just a few too many problems with it to hang with City. Firstly the boss fights are pretty much non existent and several of them are just repeated with different characters.

Having to collect all the riddles really takes you out of the game. It moves along at a solid pace until you have to spend hours tracking them all down at the very end of the game. At least they were optional in the previous titles.

Another thing I noticed, there weren't really many indoor areas to explore. Nearly everything felt like it was played out in the open, only really entering an area to finish a section of the game. Never really playing through many buildings like in previous titles.

The final stretch is a bit of a let down. Again it's not bad but City and Origins felt a lot more important. Which is a big deal considering how Knight is the last 'Arkham' title.

I think the Batmobile is most peoples problem. It's ambitious, I'll give them that. And ignoring the controls I think the problem was always going to be the balance. You couldn't add such a huge part to the game then waste it on just driving from A to B. But they've ended up making it to much a part of the game where nearly everything depends on it.

Its a shame this is their last game. A Batman game with City like storytelling and gameplay mixed in with a few Batmobile themed missions, along with just being able to cruise around in it, would be perfect.

Basically we were spoilt with City. And as great as all these other games are, it's going to be hard to top that one.

• Like 1

I mean, it shouldn't be a huge shock really. The whole plot revolves around it being a 'last' Batman story. Arkham City's Joker death felt like a forced attempt to add gravitas to the ending. It failed in many ways because of the ridiculous death orgy beforehand as well as the bizarre Clayface fight but I thought the ending was the weakest part of City. So it should be no surprise then, that

Batman being unmasked and 'retired'

Is the least interesting part of *this* story which weirdly seems more like a final Joker story than Arkham City despite Joker already being dead. It was the depth City needed. Only there's no more games to develop this ending into.

Kinda glad for the Riddler break actually.

Hearing goons on the street's reactions to Bruce's unmasking is better than the unmasking itself.

• Like 1

Just finished Batgirl's DLC and clocked it in less than an hour. It was good, loved the fact it was more centered around one area (like Arkham Asylum and some sections of City) than a whole open world (like the majority Knight). Batgirl was a decent character although she played like a watered down Nightwing or Robin.

Best part was definitely fighting Joker. If Season of Infamy is more like this I willl probably pick it up.

The Joker/Harley plus goons fight was great. Also we finally got classic costume Harley in this series.

Beat Riddler today and got the firsthand full ending. Liked it better the second time but still felt rushed relative to the scope they wanted. Hopefully the rumoured "Season of Infamy" DLC improves that.

Also hoping they add some AR challenges for all the characters. Definitely find it a step down from the previous challenge system.

Any word on when the Red Hood DLC gets wide released?

Also hoping they add some AR challenges for all the characters. Definitely find it a step down from the previous challenge system.

I can't believe the traditional challenge maps weren't included. I'm guessing either they thought this was better or worse, taken out to be used as DLC. I don't like the way the Arkham games go about DLC though I'm not a fan of DLC anyway ; ).

• Like 1

Just destroyed the

Cloudburts

and I hope I never see a gd cobra drone again.

I feel that and I'm sorry. There's at least one more Cobra drone thing but it's such a wayeree down version of that one as to be easy in comparison.

EDIT: That was supposed to say watered down but I like it and I'm keeping it.