Gamesradar - 4/5

GameReactor UK - 9

Game Informer - 9.5

Videogamer - 10

God is a Geek - 10

Videogamezone - 87%

US Gamer - 4/5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066792

Batmobile and story are said to be weak.

Cheers Batman buddy. Arkham Knight's story was a bit of a concern to me, more so when the Batmobile goes into the shooting section from left to right.

Agreed.  They are probably "weak" in regards to the high standards of this game and series, and let's face it, the standards are pretty damn high.  

Agreed.

Those Rocksteady dudes are liars.  They lied.  They lied straight to our faces.  Their pants are on fire!

MASSIVE SPOILER ABOUT ARKHAM KINIGHT'S IDENTITY WITH PHOTO FOLLOW:

Rocksteady would get criticism for lying not wanting to spoil Arkham Knight's identity but then if they said the truth, they would ruin the surprise. Jason Todd was the favourite to be the Arkham Knight and so he has. Some will see that boring while others may have wanted a new creation to be that.

1434766180134.png

Mister J. into branding

• Like 1

Arkham Origins still had the best story of the franchise IMO.

I wonder what Eurogamer will rate it if Gamespot gave it a 7.  

I'm finally going through this right now in anticipation of next week's release and I'm not really digging the story so far. I was looking forward to a game where Batman focuses on somebody other than the Joker and blam. Boring. And there are a lot of really goofy plot holes that force you to take silly routes in the game. The worse up to this point is certainly "OH, YOU'RE HACKING THE POLICE HQ COMPUTER? YOU NEED TO GO IN THE SEWER TO FINISH THAT, OF COURSE." Right.

I'm still pretty early into it, I think, (the hotel) but I was pretty disconnected after the big swerve.

• Like 1

I just finished Origins (so I can add it to the sell back pile) so maybe I will pick up Knight this week.

There were parts of the story I liked. Other parts not so much.

I wasn't really thrilled with it becoming a weird Batman/St. Elsewhere crossover.

Man, I'd love to do that, but I would absolutely call out from work on Tuesday in that case lol.  As it stands, the release date works fine for me.  My "weekend" is Wed-Thur, so I get the game when I get off work on Tuesday and forsake bathing and food for 2 days.

I just finished Origins (so I can add it to the sell back pile) so maybe I will pick up Knight this week.

I wasn't really thrilled with it becoming a weird Batman/St. Elsewhere crossover.

220px-TommyWestphall-TheLastOne-1988.jpg

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting stuck in on this. Unfortunately I probably won't get a chance to play till Thursday evening but the delay from the October release date was in my favour. I've got 9 days off starting this Saturday so plenty of free time to put in it!

I've managed to stay away from any potential spoilers so far and I've not even watched any trailers apart from a couple of the early ones. Can't remember the last time I actually looked forward to a new release!

Saw this on the wall of the clock tower.

CIKp5RnXAAAcIfA.jpg

Game is running like garbage on the PC. NVidia says I don't meet the minimum requirements which is weird because I checked and I totally do.

But it seems everyone is having problems, Steam users are pissed.

• Like 2

Lucky fuckers getting to play Batman: Arkham Knight ; ). Enjoy. Sorry my Bat buddy, Ligerbusa is having problems.

Arkham Origins still had the best story of the franchise IMO.

I wonder what Eurogamer will rate it if Gamespot gave it a 7.

I'm finally going through this right now in anticipation of next week's release and I'm not really digging the story so far. I was looking forward to a game where Batman focuses on somebody other than the Joker and blam. Boring. And there are a lot of really goofy plot holes that force you to take silly routes in the game. The worse up to this point is certainly "OH, YOU'RE HACKING THE POLICE HQ COMPUTER? YOU NEED TO GO IN THE SEWER TO FINISH THAT, OF COURSE." Right.

I'm still pretty early into it, I think, (the hotel) but I was pretty disconnected after the big swerve.

From what I've read about the story, there are things I like...

Early days Batman origin stories are a favourite of mine, Christmas setting as I love Christmas, relationship between Bruce/Alfred and Batman/Jim Gordon. Bane's treatment for the most part...

...and don't like:

What did you think to the Joker is Black Mask reveal? I groaned when I found out about that for the first time. Bane conveniently getting amnesia.

Let's complete the set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9fSkcAYyZ8

First remains the best for me.

• Like 1

I wrote about the Batsuits I’d pick for Batman: Arkham Knight and now the villains I’d select for the game:

The Joker (hallucinations/nightmare sequence)

Harley Quinn

Doctor Hurt

Professor Pyg

Three Ghosts of Batman

James Gordon Jr.

Ra’s al Ghul

Talia al Ghul

The Penguin

The Scarecrow

The Riddler

Poison Ivy

This game is fucking incredible. The combat flows much nicer, your attacks do more damage, counters are easier, and there's a sense of control of where you're going next that was lacking previously. In general, the combat is so much better. Holy shit, the fear chain attacks for predator scenarios are unreal. I love the city they've created as it's got so much more detail and character. So do random jabronis. Like every police officer at GCPD has a name and 2 or 3 lines of dialog. The batmobile is pretty great too though I can see how moving around the city with the upgraded grapnel launches would be more efficient. Combat in the batmobile took some time to get a handle on but it's not bad once I did get the basics. The first Riddler challenge was rewarding as it took a handful of attempts to get that last lap down.

Then there's the graphics. This is the best looking current gen release from what I've seen. I wasn't digging it the most from the trailers but seeing the '60s Adam West suit shine in the light instantly won me over. Beautiful, beautiful game.

All the attention to detail and all the little nuances really show the passion and dedication Rocksteady has for this series compared to Warner Bros. Montreal.

TL;DR: This game is flippin' great. Play it. Love it.

• Like 1

This game is fucking incredible. The combat flows much nicer, your attacks do more damage, counters are easier, and there's a sense of control of where you're going next that was lacking previously. In general, the combat is so much better. Holy shit, the fear chain attacks for predator scenarios are unreal. I love the city they've created as it's got so much more detail and character. So do random jabronis. Like every police officer at GCPD has a name and 2 or 3 lines of dialog. The batmobile is pretty great too though I can see how moving around the city with the upgraded grapnel launches would be more efficient. Combat in the batmobile took some time to get a handle on but it's not bad once I did get the basics. The first Riddler challenge was rewarding as it took a handful of attempts to get that last lap down.

Then there's the graphics. This is the best looking current gen release from what I've seen. I wasn't digging it the most from the trailers but seeing the '60s Adam West suit shine in the light instantly won me over. Beautiful, beautiful game.

All the attention to detail and all the little nuances really show the passion and dedication Rocksteady has for this series compared to Warner Bros. Montreal.

TL;DR: This game is flippin' great. Play it. Love it.

Glad you like it, Oyaji.

Gliding, grapple gun and dive bomb in Batman: Arkham City made for one of the most fun travels around an open world game. I bet that's increased with a bigger Gotham, higher grapple gun and the Batmobile in Batman: Arkham Knight.

How's Batmobile in battle mode? That and the story to a lesser degree are the concerns for me.

Rocksteady's love for the character really shows in the games they made.

Battle mode is ultra responsive in terms of car movement but the aiming is a bit tough. It may be that I just suck at it though. Basically, the enemy "unmanned" tanks have a laser guided attack and the laser will turn red if you're in their line of fire, so you need to quickly move out of the way. You can hold both of the right shoulder buttons to spam the machine gun turret and the rockets. If you inflict enough damage without taking any, you can use lock on missiles which are heck of powerful, so pretty much like the special attacks you unlock in hand-to-hand combat. It's not a bad system at all. Not the best thing either and not very Batman-esque in terms of style, gameplay, and morality. You can run dudes over so hard and while when you are shooting baddies on foot, your weapon automatically turns to rubber bullets. Just seems a bit much. That and the fact that it's yet again a game with no civilians are my only qualms after spending 3-4 hours with it. The story is slow to get started but I'm liking what I've seen.

Another neat thing: you can pick up discarded blunt weapons from thugs and use them! I was kind of shocked the first time I had Batman pick up a lead pipe and use it on a motherfucker or six.

I love how they hired the voice actor who played Lee in the Telltale Walking Dead game to play Lucius Fox. Markout moment for sure.

CIL409zUAAARlNm.jpgCIL40_jVAAAtgrw.jpg

I messed around with a few settings and was able to get the game to run better than it was. Still dropping frames and the dialogue doesn't always sync with the animation, hopefully they release a patch ASAP. Apparently it was Iron Galaxy who handled the PC release and not Rocksteady. Bizarre. 

Batmobile feels fine in street combat but holy shit, the Batmobile focused missions had me pulling my hair out. 

The Riddler one where you have to drive on the walls in a tunnel was hard because you have to open and shut certain areas and if you didn't push it at the right time, it would close on you. And for some reason, it felt like the Batmobile would slow down and the nitrous wouldn't work. 

The other early mission has you pulling down objects so you can drive on roofs (he's flying on rooftops!). The Batmoible is super slippy, like you're constantly on ice and I'd often fall off the building. And I swear, I'd hit the button to reverse and the Batmobile would fall forward off the building and I'd have to start all over again. It was a pain having to remember that X is reverse, because in most everything it's RT.

So I get to another object that I'm supposed to pull down but it doesn't do anything and I'm thinking, what the fuck is going on. So I checked a video online and found out that you're supposed to tow yourself up the wall. Turn the game back on and Batman drops a hint saying pretty much exactly that. He said nothing before.

But other than that, it's the Arkham engine which is still a ton of fun. Batman himself gave me a jump scare. Damn it, Rocksteady. 

Can you use Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing in Challenge Rooms? I hope so!

I would think so like Batman: Arkham City.

FRIENDLY ALERT: Avoid YouTube as big moments/spoilers from the game are on there.