DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

• 2 weeks later...

JR's podcast with Lisa Marie Varon (aka Victoria) is really good. She is getting some notoriety and publicity by recalling a heated conversation with Bruce Pritchard reference Dixie Carter. Lisa said, "The day I quit my job, I am going to punch that c-word in the face." Lisa actually said "c-word" and mentioned she doesn't like the word. When she called Dixie a c**t, that was the first time she ever used it.

She sounds extremely passionate about wrestling. She still watches hours upon hours of wrestling with fans and patrons of her Squared Circle restaurant. It sounds like it would be a blast to watch a live Raw there.

Listening to her tell the story about shaving Molly's head at Mania, you know, I've heard multiple stories about head shavings going wrong in pro-wrestling, you'd think they'd be better prepared.  You know, if someone's willing to put up their hair, don't fucking scalp them.

Cornette is on Piper's podcast, if you're into Piper's questionable grasp on timelines and the such. The 2nd part is apparently promised to be more modern, which probably means it'll suck.

Les Thatcher on Cornette. With the added tidbit of Alice insisting that Cornette watch NXT. Which is not going to end well

Victoria on the Ross podcast was a fun listen.  I would love to to there to try their food.  That, and I was reminded listening to her about how much I liked her.  She's respected by many, yet is criminally underrated on who she is and what she did.  Seems like a swell woman.

The Taz podcast has been a cool couple weeks.  Taz comes off better than expected, and the storytime at the end is neat.  Curious to see if he can get a good interview out of Sabu.

Is Taz's show on podcast one as well? I've been hoping for another podcast to come out I could listen to. I like Austin and Jericho, JR is hit or miss for me (usually miss) and as much as I want to like Piper's his "interview" style is just awful. Goldberg's is alright but I'm just that not interested in most of the guests he's had on. 

I like Taz's podcast.  It's always nice when he apologizes for being an asshole back in the day, and the storytime stuff is good too.  He kind of has a set schedule, but he does mini episodes sometimes in reaction to various events.  He did one for the Rumble and SCSA's HHH podcast.  Good listens.

And Iron Shiek now >>>>>>>>>> drugged up Sheikie wanting to make Blair humble.  As funny as that was, I almost feel bad for laughing because of what he was going through.  All things considered it sounds like he's doing great so good for him.

Is Taz's show on podcast one as well? I've been hoping for another podcast to come out I could listen to. I like Austin and Jericho, JR is hit or miss for me (usually miss) and as much as I want to like Piper's his "interview" style is just awful. Goldberg's is alright but I'm just that not interested in most of the guests he's had on. 

Get outta my brain, Fowler.  But do listen to the Russo and Cornette podcasts with Piper, it's worth it.  

Get outta my brain, Fowler.  But do listen to the Russo and Cornette podcasts with Piper, it's worth it.  

Wrong Brian.

Oh.  Whoops.  Get outta my brain, S81177.  But seriously, Roddy eviscerated Russo better than any interviewer I've ever heard.  Danced around him like Mr. T in the boxing match, and left Russo looking like the biggest schmuck in the world but probably feeling like they were best friends.  It was masterful.  

So for comparative analysis:

Brians are to Jingus what Chrises were to J.R.

I'll check out the Russo one. Anything that leaves egg on Russo's face is good with me.

I love Piper always been a huge fan but he just rambles way too much, gets off topic too easily, etc.

Brians are to Jingus what Chrises were to J.R.

I plead the cleavage of Christina Hendricks distracting me.  

EDIT: for incredible irony, guess what my shoot name is?  Yep.  But, like Alvarez emphasizes, it's Bryan.  

• Like 1

I went back and listened to an interview King Kong Bundy gave on Russo's podcast.  I'm surprised that Bundy's name doesn't come up more often in discussions of most bitter ex wrestlers.  Bundy's burials ran the gamut from Andre, Bret, Punk, Waltman, to Barry Horowitz of all people.  He kept obsessing about a "7 page spread" Russo gave 1-2-3 Kid in a 1995 issue of WWF Magazine.

So, a non-fan friend of mine who is podcast obsessed asked me if there is a good wrestling podcast he should listen to. He isn't a fan, zero product knowledge, but also doesn't hate the idea of liking wrestling?

Suggestions? My first thought was Colt, since my buddy is a Nerdist/Maron cast fan and Colt uses the same formula, but it might be a little too inside baseball.

I like Taz. I just do. I liked him in ECW, I liked him on commentary sometimes, and I listen to his podcast. But. It's not good. He's obviously a bitter dude and he consistently tries to defend shit, which of course is impossible. Nobody ever in history won an internet war, especially on a podcast. I'm positive the guys who are good at this - Jericho, Austin, Piper in his own way - also get negativity on twitter or whatever, and they never address it or try to defend shit. It's especially bad when he takes on people shitting on TNA; his voice literally goes up like a little kid caught in a lie. We get it, we all gotta work. But if that's your defense, you should probably not defend it.

So, a non-fan friend of mine who is podcast obsessed asked me if there is a good wrestling podcast he should listen to. He isn't a fan, zero product knowledge, but also doesn't hate the idea of liking wrestling?

Suggestions? My first thought was Colt, since my buddy is a Nerdist/Maron cast fan and Colt uses the same formula, but it might be a little too inside baseball.

I would probably say Jericho, sincehe mixes in pop culture guests along with wrestlers.