DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

He keeps getting work albeit not high level accounts or high level positions. He had handled social media for Eastbound and Down. Which is just above an entry level position.

More of a blagger.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "PEOPLE LIKE YOU"?

What was this about? Was the edit the standard forum bitchiness?

I've been cold towards the Ross Report, but I quite enjoyed his conversations with Stan Hansen and Bill Watts.  I have to skip past his pedantic, rambling opening monologues for the most part, and when he goes into the "this is the problem with modern rasslin" and "back in my day" shit I just roll my eyes.  We get it JR, you don't need to repeat yourself on every podcast and talk down to your listeners

there's also a moment in every interview where Ross says something and tries to lead his guest into agreeing with him, which I find really shitty.  He did it a ton in the Sting interview and he did it to Hansen and Watts too

But yeah, as long as he's interviewing cool old legends like Watts and Hansen and not talking current stuff, I can listen to it and enjoy it

Stop it, dude. It's dropped. Sometimes you just gotta let crazy be crazy.

I was just trying to sneak in a semi-Tropic Thunder reference.

Stop it, dude. It's dropped. Sometimes you just gotta let crazy be crazy.

I was just trying to sneak in a semi-Tropic Thunder reference.

Oh, I know. My comment was directed at rovert.

My Ipod finally crapped out on me after 7 years.  As it was I hardly had time to listen to podcasts on it anyway.  Between being jobless and going on honeymoon, I just couldn't listen to them.

Switching the podcasts to Android was what I needed.  Using BeyondPod, I can up the playback speed to 1.5x or 2 time speed.  It's faster, and I don't miss anything.  I've been burning through these like crazy and am now caught up.  This app is pretty awesome.

I swear, I didn't mean to sound like I'm shilling this.  But I have a crap ton of Jim Ross shows to catch up on and can finally do it, so there you go.

Someone listen to DDP on Goldberg and Gangrel on Piper so I don't have to. 

I'm 25 mins into the Gangrel ep and it's been awesome so far. 

Gangrel is always a fun interview though and while Piper is wildly hit or miss, he's great so long as he has the right guest on (which is sadly only about 1/3 of the time)

MSL, next time you have Disco on, I would love for him to present some of these findings.

My booking philosophies are very very different from Disco's, but I do agree with him that typically, long matches are bad for ratings. There is plenty I don't agree with, which is why it's fun for me to chat with him. He comes from the Vince Russo school of booking. I come from the Pat Patterson school of booking. Since I bite my tongue a lot of the time, Disco may have no idea just how different my views are.

A local promotion just hired me to start booking their shows and Ed is going to come to the show with me this weekend. I'm going to pick Ed's brain and see where our thoughts differ.

Happy to see that there are several people on DVDVR that listen to the podcasts. I've stated it before on the show, but I'll say it again. My youth was consumed by RSPW and DVDVR and I try to proudly represent the wrestling trolls of the world. I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I never stopped reading and I love all of you guys.

Speaking of RSPW,whatever happened to Mike Sorrow?

Always a fun time to get 70s roller derby references on the show. Plus, JR was less annoying than usual this week.

I attribute this to him greeting the listener and then immediately bringing Dave on.

• Like 2

There was a pretty funny bit on We Watch Wrestling telling a story about going to New York comedy clubs with Colt and Ken Anderson.  "Hard Rain!"

Ken Anderson's disdain over the fact that Aziz Ansari could practice his comedy bits at various improv shows made me chuckle.

I swear Colt Cabana has the best guests if you are a wrestling geek. Any Indy, lower-mid card wrestler OF NOTE has been on his podcast. Go to ITUNES and subscribe and look at all of his past episodes.

The best ones were

Natalya
William Regal 1 &2
Ricochet
Cesaro (Claudio Castanoli)
Kevin Steen
Pac
MVP
Dolph
Lita
John Morrison
Bill Apter