DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

Ive listened to a couple of Tazz's podcasts, and the only one i thought better than "meh" was his thoughts on the Bill DeMott situation. I was so impressed by his understanding of training wrestlers and how he business has changed that I'm halfway convinced he should be the new head trainer at NXT.

Ive listened to a couple of Tazz's podcasts, and the only one i thought better than "meh" was his thoughts on the Bill DeMott situation. I was so impressed by his understanding of training wrestlers and how he business has changed that I'm halfway convinced he should be the new head trainer at NXT.

All the feedback I used to hear about Taz's Finishing School was great.

Is that still open, by the way?

Just started listening to Pipers podcast. Just listened to the Death of WCW podcast with RD reynolds and now im listening to part 1 of the Bobcat Goldthwait and immediately they start talking about the bagpipes. 

I've delved into a couple Piper podcasts.  I listened to the Gangrel 2 parter just because I thought it was a unique matchup (and didn't think Piper would have any idea who he was) and I found Gangrel a fun presence on Colt's podcast.  I cannot, in good faith, recommend the John Carpenter "interview" however, as it quickly turns into Roddy treating JC like his therapist.

Hogan scheduled to be on the BS report today.

Is Hogan the last of the dying breed of guys who live the gimmick?  I swear that he's the only person keeping the lies of Andre's size and undefeated record alive.  Speaking of Andre, his story of Wrestlemania III, the injuries he did or did not suffer, and whether or not he knew the finish is basically a dumptruck full of horse shit.  I wish there was a  YouTube clip where they compiled every interview he's done about Wrestlemania III so we can track all the changes.  The WWE has even admitted that Hogan wasn't the first person who slammed Andre, but Hogan will take that story to the grave.

Is Hogan the last of the dying breed of guys who live the gimmick?  I swear that he's the only person keeping the lies of Andre's size and undefeated record alive.  Speaking of Andre, his story of Wrestlemania III, the injuries he did or did not suffer, and whether or not he knew the finish is basically a dumptruck full of horse shit.  I wish there was a  YouTube clip where they compiled every interview he's done about Wrestlemania III so we can track all the changes.  The WWE has even admitted that Hogan wasn't the first person who slammed Andre, but Hogan will take that story to the grave.

The funny thing is, the body slam at WrestleMania III wasn't even the first time he slammed Andre. He had done it in 1980 at Shea Stadium. 

I love carny Hogan. I think the closest thing we have to that is Jericho insisting his RKOuttaNowhere loss was completely unexpected even though we've seen it so many other times previously with other wrestlers. Maybe Bret/Shawn/Vince/Hunter insisting the Screwjob was a shoot counts :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I like how the number of people in attendance keeps increasing too. In another year he'll be telling people "I slammed that big nasty stinky giant in front of 6 million people at the Silverdome brother! Nobody had beaten him in 200 years before I came along."

• Like 1

I like how the number of people in attendance keeps increasing too. In another year he'll be telling people "I slammed that big nasty stinky giant in front of 6 million people at the Silverdome brother! Nobody had beaten him in 200 years before I came along."

Hulk Hogan:  I slammed the 2 ton giant at the Super, I mean Silverdome brother.  I was the first person since David to fell a giant dude.  He was 8'13 and killed everyone he'd ever been in the ring with.  At Wrestlemania III he looked me deeply in the eye brother, and he told me that Hulkamania was going the way of the dodo, dude.  No one could slam Andre, many had tried, but they all failed brother.  But I looked death in the face, and in his eye I saw he was scared.  He could see all the Hulkamaniacs behind me, brother.  He saw them on their knees.  They were saying their prayers and eating their vitamins, dude.  And at Wrestlemania III I walked to the ring and asked the giant, "Whatcha gonna do?"  Then me and the Hulkamaniacs picked the giant up in the launch position, brother.  And as we lifted I could feel every bone in my body disintegrate into a fine powder, dude.  But the power of the Hulkamaniacs strengthened me and I was able to slam Andre the Giant deep into the depths of hell.  I saw the flames around my ankle brother, as satan himself came from the abyss to take his prize, dude.

Interviewer:  Your bones disintegrated into a fine powder?

Hulk Hogan:  Yeah dude, if you look right here (points at random spot on his forearm) you can see some of the dust.

• Like 5

I love carny Hogan. I think the closest thing we have to that is Jericho insisting his RKOuttaNowhere loss was completely unexpected even though we've seen it so many other times previously with other wrestlers. Maybe Bret/Shawn/Vince/Hunter insisting the Screwjob was a shoot counts :rolleyes:

This entire post, from start to finish, might be the greatest thing I've ever read on these internetz.

I think it is but I'm all about the main MLW crew and Jim Cornette. I've been enjoying the archives and weekly Drive Thru were Cornette answers fan questions.

Haven't given Bullet Club guys a try though.

Talk'n Shop is fun as long as you accept it's meant to be bad.  And if you have a drink or two in you, which I think is the intent.  I normally listen to it on the drive home so so much for that part.  But playing it on 1.5/x2x speed it''s a good quick listen.  And they can be pretty entertaining.

MLW for me is worth listening to when Konnan is on.  Tried Cornette's podcast and it's good but not worth going out of my way to listen to.

And hearing JR's podcast, I just adore Melina now.  She sounds like she's got a good thing going for her, and she seems so damn nice.

EDIT:  Just thought back to the Victoria episode and I realized why I liked her so damn much.  She just seems like an awesome person to be around.  Too bad the restaurant went downhill as I would have loved to check it out.

MLW puts out so much free content I've never been inclined to sign up. Although I'm interested to hear the Sullivan podcasts. I quite like Court but he is cropping up everywhere now, his podcast with John Pollock is always very good.

The main show varies but when Konnan is on top form it is usually a great listen, especially when they veer off track and poke around MSL's private life.

Cornette I can give or take, It depends on the guest for me.

Talking Shop can be legit laught out loud funny, but again depends on the guest I feel.