DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

Wait, the Bullet Club have a podcast? Do they interrupt the guests all the time like they run in on matches?

I'd be more likely to listen to that than Cornette's Hour of Rage. I think people listen to Cornette because they're waiting for him to have a heart attack the same way they watch NASCAR waiting for a crash.

Wait, the Bullet Club have a podcast? Do they interrupt the guests all the time like they run in on matches?

Actually, yeah, kinda.  I find it pretty amusing just because it's a bunch of drunk guys doing funny voices and it's only around 30 minutes so it doesn't go on long enough to fall into annoying territory.

And ROH missing the boat by not pitting Jay Lethal against Nature Hoot on the mic.

exileonbadstreetmain.png

Kris is joined by David Bixenspan (davidbix.com and f4wonline.com) and Dylan Hales (Wrestling Culture podcast) to discuss the demise of the Universal Wrestling Federation. We discuss the buildup to the buyout and how Jim Crockett Jr. & Dusty Rhodes took was once maybe the best promotion in the country and turned it into a complete afterthought. Listen to us talk about every thing under the UWF name, especially the sleaziness of Mike Boyette & Gary Young!!

http://placetobenation.com/exile-on-badstreet-2-the-death-of-the-universal-wrestling-federation

• Like 4

Awesome to see another episode up Kris, I just finished the first one last night. It took quite a few sessions to get through all of it but I think you guys did the Freebirds justice and I learned a ton along the way. Looking forward to hearing more in-depth talk on UWF especially since those were some of my favorite parts you covered in the first episode.

Anyone else picture Dusty driving from Greensboro to Charlotte at 2 a.m., flipping through the three or four country stations until he lands on this a third of the way through and by the end, after he's listened so intently for 2.5 minutes that he's put the Big Gulp (spiked with two airplane bottles of JD, natch) down and proclaims "Lawd, this should be mah song baybay!"

Just me?

• Like 2

She does this UFC thing which I thought wasn't a thing anymore since Brock Lesnar left the company and no one's heard of it since 2012. Had to Google who she is. Now if she were Lawrence Taylor or maybe Ray Lewis then I wouldn't have had to Google her.

exileonbadstreetmain.png

Kris is joined by Rob Naylor and WES HATCH!!!!! to discuss the rebirth of the US independent wrestling scene of the early 2000’s. We wax poetic about all of the greats of the era such as Ric Blade, Xavier, Rockin’ Rebel, The Messiah, Mr. Ooh La La and other scrubs like Low-Ki, American Dragon, & Homicide. Listen to us mark out over a coked up Juventud Guerrera and the greatness of Eric Garguilo & John House!!!

http://placetobenati...-of-the-indies/

Loving Exile on Badstreet. Great stuff. 

Also, JR suggested that Lucha Underground do something to differentiate all those masked men from each other. Aside from getting dangerously close to Vince Russo-territory, LU has like the best character backstories in wrestling for their luchadors. I'm not even a Lucha dude, but like...Drago = shoot dragon, Pentagon JR = breaks arm for dark master, Fenix - CANNOT DIE, Mil Muerters = personification of death, King Cuerno = GIANT DEER HEAD. 

JR needs to stay in his lane. He REALLY doesn't need to give his thoughts on every wrestling program.