DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

For you Husker Du fans - Was listening today to a Bob Mould interview on Marc Maron from the week Robin Williams died, and at about an hour in he talks for around ten minutes about wrestling, including technical details about working gorilla in WCW, meeting Hogan and hanging out with Nash. Whole interview is great, if that's your scene.

Any good pure wrestling podcasts with Mould?

LAW Radio did an interview about his time in the WCW booking committee a few years back. Liked it but don't recall if it was interesting or not.

http://fightnetwork.com/data/podcasts/569/2008-07-01.mp3

EDIT; Holy shit! I posted the link to the show on my phone and it installed a player right here in the thread! *easily amused*

On our newest episode, we decided the 100% Official, Non-Negotiable, Master and Ruler of the Universe-esque list of the Top 4 Most Underrated Wrestlers of All Time. You won't agree with us. Hell, I don't agree with us! It was an interesting and fun conversation to have, and a good way to kill some time. Check it out on our new and improved website: http://www.figurefourcast.com/

We're also on iTunes and Stitcher radio.

The Rick Rude Honeymoon story was crazy. The more i here about him outside the ring the more Im convinced he was the man.

& he could sell the hell out of an Atomic drop or Inverted atomic drop.

On our newest episode, we decided the 100% Official, Non-Negotiable, Master and Ruler of the Universe-esque list of the Top 4 Most Underrated Wrestlers of All Time. You won't agree with us. Hell, I don't agree with us! It was an interesting and fun conversation to have, and a good way to kill some time. Check it out on our new and improved website: http://www.figurefourcast.com/

We're also on iTunes and Stitcher radio.

The Rick Rude Honeymoon story was crazy. The more i here about him outside the ring the more Im convinced he was the man.

& he could sell the hell out of an Atomic drop or Inverted atomic drop.

Now I need to go find a match between Bret & Rude so I can watch Rude sell Hart's atomic drop!

And yeah, we're going to start trying to include more stories like that. We were a little unsure at first if we wanted to share stories that have been told to us over the years. I worked shows for around 14 years and Chris worked for 3 or 4 years, and has done commentary for shows off & on for years, plus his uncle has been a promoter for a long time, so we have a pretty good collection of stories built up. I think as long as we're not incriminating anyone or breaking anyone's trust, we'll continue to try and add some of these stories to our shows.

Thanks for listening!

I like Cornette's show but I've been on the fence lately about Alice Radley. Hearing her discuss her intense dislike for Halloween on today's show has pretty much put her onto my Unlikeable Human Being list but I was wondering if anyone knew her background.

Everyone else on MLW comes from a part of the wrestling world and promotions but what's her story? I know she's been on other shows in the past and Cornette likes her as his co-host, I just missed the story regarding how she got into the MLW mix.

10712985_565250930271923_621556973846568

This weeks non-commentary topic was Wrestling Urban Legends. Urban legends about Sid ended up becoming the popular choice amongst a few of us, but our co-host Justin had some urban legends that none of us had ever heard before, and we don't believe anyone else has ever heard them either. It's all alleged, so who knows!? This is hands-down our favorite episode so far, and I legitimately almost wrecked my truck the other day while driving because I was laughing so hard when I was listening to it.

Check it out and stick around to the very end (even after Chris says the show is over) for a special rendition of an Ultimate Warrior promo.

http://www.figurefourcast.com/episodes/2014/10/29/urban-legend

Enjoy it!

C'mon now, major underappreciation for Sid's brilliance as a human being and professional wrestler in that podcast. Good stuff other than that from what I've heard.

There is an abundance of Sid rumors out there. I was surprised at just how many urban legends and "sleaze" rumors centered around him.

Him being the master and ruler of the world and all, I hope he can forgive us if he ever listens to our podcast.

... Or at least takes out all of his anger solely on my three co-hosts.

Thanks for listening!

C'mon now, major underappreciation for Sid's brilliance as a human being and professional wrestler in that podcast. Good stuff other than that from what I've heard.

There is an abundance of Sid rumors out there. I was surprised at just how many urban legends and "sleaze" rumors centered around him.

Him being the master and ruler of the world and all, I hope he can forgive us if he ever listens to our podcast.

... Or at least takes out all of his anger solely on my three co-hosts.

Thanks for listening!

Tell me there was a mention of the scissor fight. That's still my favorite wrestling story. In what other industry would that possibly happen?

Highly recommend listening to Cornette's podcast with Teddy Long this week.  Was an absolute blast.  I also can't wait to hear Cornette have a conniption over McConnell being next week.

Holy shit, that Steve Blackman story!

• Like 1

I'm hoping to run into him this weekend to see how valid those stories were.  I've been hesitant to ask him about the incident with him and JBL, but, 1. I try to be as professional as possible, and 2.  I don't want to looked at as some massive mark.

I thought I had posted on here before about my friend's podcast which I sit in on from time to time, but after searching the thread apparently I haven't, so a little back story about the Wrestling Night Review Podcast...

Since I was 15 or so me and my best friend John have been getting together for Wrestling Nights, which are basically what they sound like- we share matches from our collections all night long. We took a break in our early 20s but rekindled things in 2004 and it evolved into a fantasy sports style competition. We'd go up against each other for the best match each night, keep standings, have a title, etc. Friends and family have come and go over the years in joining us for these monthly outings, but in the long run there's been about four of us who are the core of the group who now all compete against each other. After we hit our 100 show milestone John and another of our core members, Phil, decided to start a podcast recapping each Wrestling Night.

So with that out of the way, I've joined in for two episodes now, number 10 and the most recent which is 13. This most recent episode is one of my favorites of the WNRP and I'm very happy with my contributions. This time we are recapping a 3 way dance match up between the three of us instead of our usual pairing off into one on one competitions. The competing matches shown for the night were Nakamura VS Otani, Kobashi VS Honda, and the World's Cutest Tag Team VS the Young Bucks. But before we get into the match breakdown we have a lengthy discussion about crowds in pro wrestling, their importance, what makes them tick, and what are some of the more memorable ones we've been a part of. Also discussed in this episode are John Carpenter movies, domestic violence, Vince McMahon's raging man crush on Shawn Michaels, and my hatred for irony. Enjoy!

http://wrestlingnight.podbean.com/e/wrestling-night-podcast-episode-13/

Just finished the latest Cornette podcast. Lance Russell really comes across as the friendliest and most likeable person in wrestling ever.

You sure he doesn't just sound that way in comparison to Cornette?

I didn't think of it like that...

Believe it or not, Cornette has been bearable lately. The secret is skipping the first 30 minutes of him pretending he's Bill Maher and geting to the interview.