DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

I preferred the previous Bayley/Sasha match but this week's wasn't bad. Charlotte was good with the crowd but took it a bit too far to the point Bayley had to refocus her. 

It actually worked out nicely. I appreciated Charlotte working on interacting with the crowd, but Bayley saying "Charlotte, I'm over here" and the crowd OOOOOOHing was really cool. Charlotte's best trait is her in-ring shit-talking of her opponent during a match, and I am glad to see her trying to work on doing that with the crowd, too. She'll get good at it soon enough. 

I'm agreed about this Divas thing too. I hate that label so much. I just want it to be the Women's Championship again and to have the focus be about wanting to be champion really badly. 

• Like 1

It actually worked out nicely. I appreciated Charlotte working on interacting with the crowd, but Bayley saying "Charlotte, I'm over here" and the crowd OOOOOOHing was really cool. 

"I'm over here" actually had me look up from what I was doing and take notice.  A great line.  Also, Belly-to-Bayley is the best name for a finisher in a long, long time.  NXT has really been doing good by women's wrestling in the last year.

Hopefully Regal as GM means they are setting him up for a feud with somebody and we'll get some Regal matches.

From a real time perspective in terms of when it was taped. Regal as GM came on the heels of Devitt reporting to NXT. Devitt is someone Regal has mentored/took an interest in for years.

That would be neat, not a huge Devitt fan but wouldn't mind watching Regal beat the paint off him. I do think a Regal/Steen feud dynamic would be something special, similar to Cornette/Steen in ROH but you would get an actual match out of it.

That would be neat, not a huge Devitt fan but wouldn't mind watching Regal beat the paint off him. I do think a Regal/Steen feud dynamic would be something special, similar to Cornette/Steen in ROH but you would get an actual match out of it.

Steen is something to consider. Regal really went to bat for him in the signing process.

I think Regal will help a lot with lesser or less experienced talents in talking segments. Not like it is this vast body of work but Veronica Lane had her best on camera so far interviewing Regal. The only issue with Regal is how tall and burly he is compared to the Kidds and Nevilles.

So Bayley is a modern-day female version of Magnum TA who just loves to hug people? I'm cool with that.

Loved this meme from earlier in the week:

BwNWhyGCcAA63mI.jpg

My predictions going into Takeover:

Obviously LeFort is losing his hair at NXT Takeover. Ascension will drop the belts and debut on the Raw after Night of Champions. Sasha will cost Charlotte the title and they will have a Loser Leaves match at the next set of tapings sending Sasha to the main roster. Tyler Breeze will steal the pin from Zayn and break his heart which sets up a title feud and Neville will get called up and Zayn will follow a very short time later.

Unsure if Charlotte gets called up with the September call ups.

I am really starting to dig Tyler Breeze's updating of the vain eversoslightlyfey heel. Like many of the workers and/or gimmicks in NXT, I fear that it won't work on the big stage but I am quite happy to be watching it here and now. It's almost a Catch-22: what's the point of letting them hone and get over these studio/indy sized characters if they just have to be re-tweaked for the WWE? Sure, they get much experience but they have to get broken down mentally/ego-wise again, and get a all new diceroll with the gimmick. Surely Zayn is the man with the most potential in that he has the most charisma - would Vince and co. really pull the trigger on a nice long-term push for him? He could easily be the next Rey Misterio, let alone a DBryan...

- RAF

Surely Zayn is the man with the most potential in that he has the most charisma - would Vince and co. really pull the trigger on a nice long-term push for him? He could easily be the next Rey Misterio, let alone a DBryan...

- RAF

If Vince apparently thought Christian had the worst headshot he has ever seen I don't think he would think much about Zayn initially at least.

I have to admit, while I am really digging NXT, I was disappointed with the announcement of a 4-way for Takeover. I have never liked 4-way matches and, after seeing how great they can build and execute a main even without being overly gimmicky, this is a let down. Also, the tag champs need a manager. They shouldn't talk...ever...

I have to admit, while I am really digging NXT, I was disappointed with the announcement of a 4-way for Takeover. I have never liked 4-way matches and, after seeing how great they can build and execute a main even without being overly gimmicky, this is a let down. Also, the tag champs need a manager. They shouldn't talk...ever...

While I'm not a big fan of fourways, I figure that these guys need the practice at doing these how WWE likes 'em since the fourway is a common fallback match for the company. To be fair, it helps that I care quite a lot about three-fourths of the participants. I'm really hoping Neville doesn't come out of this with the championship, though I think there's a reasonably good chance that he will.

The big guy (Connor?) in The Ascenscion can't really talk, but he has physical charisma or something that makes him interesting even when just giving two lines in a promo. I think this guy could be a star if they bring him up and give him a Ryback-style push except with less weeks killing jobbers and with him actually winning when he comes up against main eventers. 

I am not sure what is going to happen with Sami at Takeover 2.  I kind of see him as the NXT version of Randy Orton right now.  Great enough to be considered a main event player but not important to anything in that spot.   They have put Sami is a bunch of main event spots but nothing that would make you think he is winning a belt especially tonight.  I still hope that all of this "too close yet too far away" leads to Kevin Steen trying to light a fire in him.  But he may be in the WWE before we see that

On a side note, they really need to figure out that Angelo Dawkins guy.  One week he is looking at acting like Dwayne Wayne on Different World and the next time he is just generic jobber.  Probably the most anyone has cared about dawkins but kind of bugs me

I do agree with a poster that says that Charlotte is trying to too hard to act like Ric Flair.  The woooo I like but now she is doing the "shut up fat boy" gimmick.  At this rate she will be doing 2 or 3 Flair Flops a match

I'm really hoping Neville doesn't come out of this with the championship, though I think there's a reasonably good chance that he will.

Neville is being called up to the main roster. WWE is producing promotional materials featuring Neville's likeness.

I'm really hoping Neville doesn't come out of this with the championship, though I think there's a reasonably good chance that he will.

Neville is being called up to the main roster. WWE is producing promotional materials featuring Neville's likeness.

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

On that front no. Neville is the only person I heard about on that front. I consider Ascension a lock to debut the night after Night of Champions.

My informed predictions are here:

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/150-the-nxt-thread/?p=242613

In addition to what I wrote there Sasha got new gear and (main roster artist) music.

I'll be really shocked if we don't get a mass call up - bigger/larger than the post-Wrestlemania one maybe the night after Night of Champions.