DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Is it me or has Alicia Fox gotten better? She had that great tilt-a-whirl backbreaker at the Survivor Series that looked liked she killed JoJo. Then she had a great spot last night where she blasted Nattie in the face with a kick after the kip up.

That was the only thing in the divas match that got a reaction with the group I was watching it with.

I seem to rememeber the concecious with her when she was with DJ Gabriel (?) that she was supposed to be the Lita and he was the Papi Chulo, but she never has done alot that I recall. But she does seem to have improved.

• Like 1

Is it me or has Alicia Fox gotten better? She had that great tilt-a-whirl backbreaker at the Survivor Series that looked liked she killed JoJo. Then she had a great spot last night where she blasted Nattie in the face with a kick after the kip up.

Alicia in general works well with Nattie. They have had several matches before that were quite nice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Odd week as Ion didn't air the show, but it ran internationally and WWE put it up on the website.  Really good Goldust-Swagger match(as mentioned in the omnibus thread) plus a good Fandango-Kofi match.  Fandango busted out a top-rope Falcon Arrow.

Another web/international-exclusive week.  Tom Phillips replaced Josh on commentary; Josh may not want to answer his phone for a bit.  Sandow-Kofi randomly got a TON of time(close to 20 minutes) though it kinda dragged a bit as a result.  Decent Funkadactyl tag match, then MizTV with really good heel mic work from Brodus.

• Like 1

1/8/14 - I guess this was Kaitlyn's final match. It was her vs. AJ. They started out with a handshake. Match went about 8 minutes or so. It was pretty solid. AJ played a cat and mouse game with her and Kaitlyn hit a couple decent power moves. AJ won with a small package. After the match AJ jumped in Kaitlyn's arms (like she did with Kane) and hugged her. Afterwards Kaitlyn turned around and ate a brutal superkick from Tamina. AJ knelt down and did a crazy laugh, it looked like she whispered something to Kaitlyn. Chickbusters are no more.

I'm pretty sure Kaitlyn leaving was known well in advanced and this was a farewell for her, a match against her best friend in the company.

She handed in her notice a long time ago apparently but WWE told her to wait as they had something for her. You that run around.

• 3 weeks later...

So now we have Ryback coming out at random points in matches, walking around and doing nothing.  All the while the announcers are going on about how crazy he is.  Alrighty, then.

It's fine with me since it kind of exposes how full of shit a lot of these net rumors are.  Considering all of his crazy tweets were referenced, and we read all this bullshit news about Ryback pissing off management with his tweets, his account getting hacked, and all this bizarre claptrap that turned out to be bullshit because this whole thing was a work.

Nobody else really digging the trios match this week between the Wyatts and Sin Cara/Matadors? The bulk of the match was really strong, had a really cool spot with Harper hitting an Eddie Guerrero style senton over the ropes and the finishing run was really exciting. I think people would be going nuts about this if it had been on Raw, or indeed on Main Event back when it was WWE's best show.

Agreed on the six man, people would lose their shit if that was on Raw or Smack down. I thought the Wyatt's would devour the Sin Cara/Matadores team, but the masked men held their own. Helluva finishing stretch as well. Good work at establishing the hierarchy of the Wyatt clan.

That six man match was GREAT. The tease of Bray getting Torito was awesome. Awesome stuff. I'm glad this was on Main Event where they could have this match like this. If it was on a show people actually watched, it'd have to be a squash. But this was just really great stuff. Luke Harper and Claudio are battling for "best big guy good at taking offense from cruiserweights" in the world. VIVA LA CHIKARA!

• 3 weeks later...

I think Emma is awesome but good lord that segment at catering with Santino is just complete dreck.  If that is the best you can do then this garbage just leave her in NXT.   It isn't like working Main Event and Superstars is an upgrade given the Network

I think Emma is awesome but good lord that segment at catering with Santino is just complete dreck.  If that is the best you can do then this garbage just leave her in NXT.   It isn't like working Main Event and Superstars is an upgrade given the Network

Seconded. That was brutal television. This pairing is going to zap any and all face-heat off of both of them.