DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/6

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing February 6, 2014 from Glasgow, Scotland

*MVP promo. He said he's been enjoying life and kept hearing about the fans being tired of self absorbed, egotistical owners. MVP said he loves wrestling and can't stand to watch it get run down. He's investing his money to make a change in TNA. MVP put over the roster and fans then ripped on management. Rockstar Spud interrupted. MVP called him Dixie's lapdog and said that he's going to be a fair owner. Spud invited MVP to the back to meet Dixie on her throne. MVP reminded Spud that he hasn't forgotten how to use his fists. MVP then announced Magnus vs Kurt Angle for tonight.

*Bully Ray def. Curry Man after the piledriver in a squash. After the match, Bully tossed Curry Man into the casket that he brought with him.

*Austin Aries came out for a promo. Aries said he intended to cash in his X Division Title for a shot at the World Heavyweight Title. Zema Ion attacked Aries and cashed in his Feast or Fired briefcase.

*Austin Aries def. Zema Ion after the brainbuster to retain the X Division Title

*Abyss def. Eric Young in a Monster's Ball Match after the Black Hole Slam. They used tables, chairs, thumbtacks, and Janice. During the finish, Young pulled off Abyss's mask revealing Joseph Park. After the match, Park looked into a mirror in shock.

*Kurt Angle def. Magnus via DQ when EC3 interfered and stopped Magnus from tapping to the ankle lock. After the match, EC3 beat Kurt down with a steel chair leading to Angle being stretchered out.

*Samoa Joe def. Bobby Roode via submission to retain his #1 contendership.

*Dixie Carter came to the ring with Rockstar Spud and brought out MVP. She says they have a lot to talk about and commended him on the great idea that they share their vision for the future. Dixie put over Magnus and says she will lead them to success. Dixie talks about dealing with good and bad investors. MVP criticized her management and said her reign of terror is over. MVP said he plans on being a very hands-on owner and they have a staredown that ends the show.

Please, MGFanJay, don't put the cap of this staredown behind the paywall!

I really missed the boat by not getting a good shot of Davey having one with Spud.

I prefer Walter Tiberius Fullington, myself.

His new name should've been EBT.

• Like 1

I really do not understand that whole investor storyline. Why should Dixie be afraid of the guy who has already given her his money?

Because the money went to her dad, and now she has to share with MVP.

Thank you for your answer and not trying to act like I was stupid for asking. The spoilers haven't really touched on that and I have definitely not been watching. MVP is a good get for them, but it's a little late. He hasn't been on TV for years now but it's not like anyone can move the needle for them anyway so he should at least help the TV product.

EY-Abyss was VINTAGE '07 IMPACT stupidity, with fucking tacks in the opener - at least they were done for a gorgeous sunset powerbomb. Then tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of talking happened. Bully beat up Curry Man. More talking, talking, and arguing. Aries got a massive pop and chant, which was nice. Then he kicked Ion's ass leading to a kid in a Joe shirt being all wacky. MVP and Dixie had an endless bit backstage. They talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and talked, then MVP finally left and showed off the lighting rig for the set. I liked EC3's attack on Angle, and him watching from the chair used to destroy him. Shame it led to more goofy talking and recaps. The one upside to all of the recaps is they're at least used to recap the big feuds and make them feel like a bigger deal. Roode and Joe had a fantastic seven minute match. It over-delivered given the time and was just about perfect given what Joe can still do and made both guys look great. THE SUMMIT sucked other than one great line from MVP about Dixie's shitty management killing the company and MVP's look of utter confusion when she wouldn't shut up.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/02/tna-impact-2-6-14.html

Screens -

40d528306395978.jpg

fab65f306395979.jpg

TNA's booking...

9cc098306381855.jpg

982c42306381839.jpg

85f4fe306392513.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ug5b2nwv09v8bwouolmz4i3fwls557t0

I watched about 3 minutes before falling asleep.

Who is playing Curry Man now? I mean he had hair coming out the back so that could have been part of the mask but it just didn't seem like Daniels.

But that could just be me

I watched about 3 minutes before falling asleep.

Who is playing Curry Man now? I mean he had hair coming out the back so that could have been part of the mask but it just didn't seem like Daniels.

But that could just be me

A lot of the times I've seen Curry Man, he's had hair coming under the mask (I think it's part of the mask, to preserve the illusion).

(Not saying that this time it couldn't have been someone else ... I mean, it could always be someone else ...)