DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game v.48

Dolfan in NYC

What is Futbol?  It's stinking FOOTBALL, dangnabit! :P

It's how I differentiate the US product and soccer without calling it soccer because I don't feel like it. *hiss*

Why is it that in every picture taken of him, Ian McKellan looks like a disheveled homeless man?

Now that you mention it, did we ever see Gandalf's home? I don't remember seeing it, so I suppose it's reasonable to say that Gandalf was just a bum with magic powers.

And after months of fretting about a Super Bowl being played in a blizzard, the weather couldn't have cooporated much more with the NFL than it has today.

So you mean all that hot air helped?

Either that or Goodell sacrificed a goat last night.

I really wanted to see the game in a blizzard.  After all these weeks of spoiled elists in the media bitching they deserve to deal with 6 inches of snow.  The fans won't care once they actually get to the stadium

I am not sure if Michael Silver on the NFL Network is trying to play Vince Lombardi or one of the stars in the Revenge of the Nerds movie but it is working either way  ^_^

Considering it takes you a couple hours to get into the stadium anyway with all the extra Superbowl security (if past Superbowl stories are accurate), the funny thing is I'm not even sure terrible weather would delay fans getting in one bit. It's completely a media concern.

There's also how the city of Atlanta basically shut down because of the POLAR VORTEX just a few days ago, for example. So sure your game would be fine in the Dome but no one could get there and half the city was in gridlock, where as New York is better prepared to handle winter in the big picture.

There's also how the city of Atlanta basically shut down because of the POLAR VORTEX just a few days ago, for example. So sure your game would be fine in the Dome but no one could get there and half the city was in gridlock, where as New York is better prepared to handle winter in the big picture.

See Dallas.  Everyone love the idea that the Super Bowl was in Jerry World but when the snow hit and the cold hit and nobody had a clue in Dallas what to do then it turned into a nightmare