DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

Yes there is actually Outside the Line special called "The N Word".   Only on the 4 letter network can you do a peace by Common about the struggles that people had in Alabama and the impact of the word following by pieces on Riley Cooper and Richie Ingcontito 

Although the idea of a panel with Wilbon and Jason Whitlock does have its trainwreck appeal

On Espn's website, they have an article that is 'unnamed source says cuse/duke call was correct'. The content of said article was that a veteran unnamed official said he watched the play three or four times and sees how it could have gone either way. This is news?

How can a call be correct if that official could as easily see it being wrong.

It can be obviously correct having watched it several times at slow motion, yet also be apparent that it could have gone either way when viewed in real time.

Because Im to lazy to look, what are Jaws reasons for not drafting him?

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/26/ron-jaworski-johnny-manziel-nfl-draft-third-round/

“He’s a random quarterback who likes to get out of the pocket and make plays with his legs,”Jaworski told SIRIUS NFL Radio about Manziel on Wednesday morning. “In the NFL, he won’t last three games playing that style. He’ll get hurt. He took a lot of vicious hits at A&M in the last two years.”

And to be fair, from TFA

Jaworski, who is rightly considered one of the best quarterback evaluators in the media whether you agree with him or not, was speaking specifically about the reported scouting combine meeting between Manziel and the Philadelphia Eagles. And in the context of what the Eagles should do in this draft, it could be argued that they would be a bit off-center to take Manziel unless he dropped in the draft for some weird reason and simply became too good a value to pass up.

-

I wonder if he still thinks Kaep is the greatest QB in NFL history?

Whether he does or doesn't...  it seems like you are implying that Kaepernick has regressed all the while he has a better career QB rating than Andrew Luck and has won 4 playoff games on the road in two seasons.

I'm implying that the talking point was as ridiculous a year ago as it is now.  

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

When ESPN comes up with some talking point out of nowhere, I suspect most of the time it's just someone off TV coming up with something to draw interest out of the ether.

When ESPN comes up with some talking point out of nowhere, I suspect most of the time it's just someone off TV coming up with something to draw interest out of the ether.

I read a story about this...pretty sure it was on AA, may have been Deadspin, but I'm not positive. Anyway, they looked at Jaworski's Kaepernick comments and how that one innocuous comment with nothing behind it created the entire day's news cycle. Pretty damn interesting, underhanded, and brilliant.

I read a story about this...pretty sure it was on AA, may have been Deadspin, but I'm not positive. Anyway, they looked at Jaworski's Kaepernick comments and how that one innocuous comment with nothing behind it created the entire day's news cycle. Pretty damn interesting, underhanded, and brilliant.

It was Deadspin.

That was the link that Jrag posted a few posts back

Even for ESPN, that one was really overdone.  You would have thought Jaws had called Kaepernick the new Roger Staubach.

Hasn't been announced yet, but they're apparently in negotiations with Reynolds. Vomit all over the place.

Supposedly, it's Harold and Verducci - at least for the WS.  

I don't hate Harold as much as everyone else - he at least LIKES baseball, so that might cancel out Buck.  And Verducci has been solid in what I saw of him on Fox in the past.

Hey, at least it's not McCarver - or, god forbid, Kruk and Schilling.  Shudder.

This isn't sports.  But I feel like this is the closest fit.  just heard on CNN to end the 6:00 hour:

"For those of you on CNN international we will continue following up with these and other new stories.  For those watching in the United States, stay tuned for a program about Matthew McConaughey!"

Kill.

• 2 weeks later...