DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

A little digging and I learn that Sarah Spain got her start in the sports world by offering herself as a date in exchange for a ticket to the Chicago/Indy Super Bowl.  She had an auction on Ebay, it got taken down, she got national attention, and ended up with 4 tickets from Axe Body Spray. 

JR is recording a podcast this week with Beadle.

Surprised he's not on Cheap Heat

I think he was on Cheap Heat already and to answer your question..  yeah, she was the one. I don't get what they are trying to do with her. Appeal to someone but who?

ESPN has attempted to turn Sara Walsh into a comedy character. It's as bad as you would think.

Is she the one that was doing the lame lea hair buns for May 4th?

Yep.  Carrie Fisher, not she is.

And Bram Weinstein must be stopped from doing the Robot with R2D2 at all costs ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday during the Tigers/Red Sox game, which featured such endless fawning over the Tigers that even I (a Tigers fan) found nauseating, they showed a series of photos of all the American League back-to-back MVP winners.  Included was a photo of Roger Maris who won the award in 1960 & 1961.  And they had him...

batting right-handed.

Here's what he actually looked like while hitting:

Roger%20Maris.jpg

Mitch Williams is taking a leave of absence from the MLB Network

Insert Yes! Chant gif here

I assume this has to do with him acting like an ass as manager of a Cal Ripken Little League (think that was the level) game ordering that the pitcher throw at a batter and then swearing up a storm to the ump and getting ejected.

Must say the idea of Mitch Williams coaching little kids does seem like a bad idea from the very start

God.  Just imagining him stomping around with his golf shirt tucked into his shorts/belt brings back shitty memories of all those asshole little-league dads grousing around with a whistle and a clipboard.

I have to shout out a thanks to my dad for coaching the way he did.  Beer in one hand, hitting infield practice with the other...and immediately shutting down any asshole parent who got chesty because they were all scared of him.

He was pretty great.

Your father rules. None of my coaches back then were like that thankfully. It was just something to do for most of them. Not ultra competitive assholes.

A possible DP/KO reunion on sportscenter?

And considering it would involve a NAFTA treaty between ESPN and NBC, it's funny that "Getting Olbermann on board with actually doing it" is about the 15th-most difficult element in the whole deal.