DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

It reminds me so much of Bloomberg TV, is that still a thing? The entire screen was like looking at the world's worst desktop.

There's plagarism and then there's Dino Costa posting entire articles wirhout attribution on his website.

And then there's Dino Costa posting entire articles on the front page of his web site without attribution - and then saying you have to be a mental midget to think he's taking credit for the work.  Say what?  I hope he gets sued into oblivion.

This would be the ultimate network.

sndzthyvpynpu0xoziyf.gif

Oh how I long for the days when screens weren't cluttered with network logos, a ticker at the bottom, the score on-screen all the time and graphics all over the place.  Hell, I'd settle for ESPN going back to the :28:58 ticker they used to do instead of it on-screen all the time.

Here is a feature on SC Featured about one of the greatest "sounded like a good idea at the time" moment.    10 cent beer night in Cleveland 1974:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11015647

I grew up in Northeastern Ohio, and by the time I was 10-years-old I could have told you that 10 cent beer is a horrific idea. 

It kind of seems like ESPN is doing the old "buy up every indy guy's contract who might have a bit of a name whether they're any good or not and whether  you are going to use them or not" thing.  They've got the money I guess.