DVDVR Message Board

Fun with Shop TNA

RIPPA

Just because I don't want to keep filling up the Spoilers thread.

So because of the promise of gum - I went to the ShopTNA site for the first time ever and grabbed two DVDs. I figure I will review them and we will all win.

The Best of 2007 DVD at $8.99 really is a bargain. I mean you can find all the matches of course - but it still it is a really good disc.

I also got the Best of X-Division Vol 1 and 2 set - which was only $10... I could have bought the two discs separately for a combined almost $30. God Bless TNA

All I know is I better get some damn gum

I made my first purchase on the shop (not due to gum, I just wanted to get some stuff in case they I dunno close down, I have no TNA DVDs and stuff), and for some reason I can't explain I got a 10 dollar discount.  There is nothing on the site (that I can find so maybe its just hidden well) that says if you spend over a certain amount you get a discount, or two of one item, etc.  So I have no idea why, but it made a good deal an even better deal.  So I am getting 2 different TNA shirts, 2 different figures, 8 different TNA DVDs, 2 different TNA banners, and an autograph Sting wrestling figure for only $59.49 (free shipping).  And maybe I'll get some gum.  For someone with no TNA stuff so I can't get duplicates, it really is a hell of a deal.  I have read if you put in the notes the wrestlers you like they do make some attempt to give you the wrestlers you listed, so we'll see if that works out.

The fact that TNA will see an upswing in their online sales simply on the strength of the possibility of getting RANDOM GUM~! is why I'm proud to say that I love you DVDVRMB sumbitches.

• Like 2

I am going to be a ShopTNA shill for a moment, I apologize in advance, but I call it like I see it and I think for fans that don't already have TNA's stuff the "Brown Bags" are a great place to start.

These Brown Bag deals are a steal.  So when I did mine, I purchased two since my brother has a birthday coming up and like me he watches wrestling but doesn't own any TNA stuff.  Even though it is random, I know if you request wrestlers they will try to fit your request if they have the inventory.  I requested a mixture of mine and his favorite wrestlers to see how I would do so I asked for Sting, Hogan, Styles, Abyss, and Bad Influence (I figured asking for wrestlers leaving the promotion was a good tactic).

Well I think I came out really well.  I paid a total of 45 dollars (free shipping) for the following:

Hulk Hogan "Skull" T-Shirt (selling for $25)
Sting "UK" Shirt (selling for $20) - ok I am not from the UK so wouldn't have been my choice of Sting shirt, but they got the right wrestler anyway

Sting Banner (selling for $10)
AJ Styles Banner (selling for $10)

Shark Boy Action Figure (selling for $9)

Jay Lethal Action Figure (selling for $9)

Phenomenal: The Best of AJ Styles Vol. 2 DVD (selling for $18)

Cross the Line Triple Pack (Turning Point 2009, Final Destination 2009, and Against the Odds 2009) (selling for $15)

Mick Foley: Hardcore Legend (can't find on website, on Amazon new for ~$15)

Sacrifice 2010 DVD (selling for $10)

Bound for Glory 2010 2 DVD Set (selling for $12)

No Surrender 2005 (selling for $10)

Slammiversary 2005 (selling for $12)

Hard Justice 2005 (selling for $10)

So that is $185 if purchased new from the website.  The Hogan shirt is my favorite one of his from TNA and is one I may actually wear in public.  Now from the wrestlers I requested, they either intentionally or on accident got it right with both T-Shirts, both banners, and one compilation DVD.  I am actually particularly impressed with the AJ Styles DVD as it sells for more than the rest and has some fantastic matches on it.  I love Foley, so that is just an extra bonus.  Plus the triple pack counted as 'one' DVD.  I am assuming the only figures they are giving away are the shitty ones, but nothing else felt like 'clearance from wrestlers no one cared about'.  But for someone that had zero DVDs and thus couldn't get duplicates, it really is a great deal I think.  I could never order it again because I'd probably get over 50% of the same stuff, but for a one time purchase I'm happy, I just have to decide which half to give my brother....

Also, no gum. 

I thought about that bundle since value wise it definietly looked liked a good deal.

My problem was that I knew I would never ever wear any of the T-shirts and I have zero use for the banners.

I also feared that if I put Gail Kim in as one of my favorite wrestlers from the promotion - I would get like 3 Knockout Flip Books