DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

Prowrestling.net is reporting D'Lo is gone and Bruce Prichard may be on the way out.

How reliable is Prowrestling.net? And I wonder if Bruce Prichard is on the way out because he forgot to renew his contact.

Combining the head of talent relations and head of creative in the first place was dumb. Maybe promote Al Snow to for talent relations and get someone completely different for head of creative. At this point, who's out there? If Spike is looking at the ratings, and seeing what they were two years ago, they might ask for Russo back.

But would Russo want back? I watched one of those YouShoot's he did post-TNA and he seemed content with his life outside of wrestling.

The problem with anyone taking over creative is, it doesn't matter what they come up with. If it doesn't some how revolve around Hulk Hogan or the people TNA want to push opposed to the people who are actually over...what ever they come up with will not work.

TNA really needs to shift money into marketing and promotion. The biggest problem is no one outside their core audience knows they are even on. Get some commercials on during the Bar Rescue marathon's on Sundays or something. Spike is a Viacom channel and I have been saying this for years. There is no reason they can't get a commercial on another Viacom channel to try and expand that audience.

Yeah, screw the pregnant woman!

She was contracted to wrestle and they paid her for months to sit around and be full of baby.  They didn't have to do that.

Combining the head of talent relations and head of creative in the first place was dumb. Maybe promote Al Snow to for talent relations and get someone completely different for head of creative. At this point, who's out there? If Spike is looking at the ratings, and seeing what they were two years ago, they might ask for Russo back.

They should get rid of Al Snow cause he's awful at everything.  Hire Tommy Dreamer for talent relations.  Just promote Lagana to head of creative with Bischoff as editor.  Basically how it already is.

Or they could just put everybody's name into some kind of randomizer and let a computer make the matches.  Or make Robocop booker.  He's half man and half machine.  The best of both worlds.

• Like 1

I'm unfamiliar with the whole "Al Snow's terrible at behind the scenes stuff" aside from that awful Guest Booker DVD he did... so what has he done that makes him so terrible?

• Like 1

TNA got rid of Joey Ryan, Christian York and Luke Gallows but kept Ken Anderson wrestling truly does matter there.

Seriously.....I would take Anderson over any of those guys.  Anderson might make you some money.  Nobody is buying a Christian York t-shirt or a Luke Gallows hat.  Anderson can at least sell some Asshole merch.

• Like 1

Seriously.....I would take Anderson over any of those guys.  Anderson might make you some money.  Nobody is buying a Christian York t-shirt or a Luke Gallows hat.  Anderson can at least sell some Asshole merch.

Anderson as just another Aces member aint selling shit nad at this point is just another "whatever happened to..." guy to the casual fan. Im not saying that the other three have more name value they dont but they can be counted on to put on a good match that will keep the fans attention and have them fireed up night in and out and Anderson cant, you need a live crowd more then you need to sell a shirt hell one can say if the crowd isnt fired up and into your show they arent gonna buy a tshirt. And if you were trying to build a promotion with "The Stars of Tomorrow" AAnderson doesnt fit the bill.

There really  is no reason to believe Anderson is more marketable or has more star power than Gallows other than the fact that he was pushed more in the WWE

A couple of years ago you could argue Anderson was a big star for them and probably would have sold decent merchandise. But now? HA. Anderson himself is just going through the motions. I like Mr. Anderson, but is he worth the money they are allegedly paying him right this moment? Absolutley not. The should restructure the albatross contracts first before getting rid of people who if used correctly (which is a whole different problem in of it self) could make them money.

I wonder, is Hemme still getting paid that $150k for being a ring announcer? That would be a good place to start.