DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

Don't worry. If they keep going with the superpush of that superfox Magnus, they'll be alright.

SuperFox????

Posted Image

Wait... what???

And yes - I think Megan Fox is a better worker than Magnus

• Like 4

Was it ever confirmed that TNA really was behind on payment to some of their talent?

Things like mass firings of low lvl/unused guys and letting key talents who you would like to keep contracts expire before reaching a new deal suck but aren't uncommon and necisarily on their own a sign of gloom & doom as even WWE does this stuff sometimes.

But yeah, not paying the guys you do think are important on time is always the first sign the ships sinking. 

A couple of years ago you could argue Anderson was a big star for them and probably would have sold decent merchandise. But now? HA. Anderson himself is just going through the motions. I like Mr. Anderson, but is he worth the money they are allegedly paying him right this moment? Absolutley not. The should restructure the albatross contracts first before getting rid of people who if used correctly (which is a whole different problem in of it self) could make them money.

I wonder, is Hemme still getting paid that $150k for being a ring announcer? That would be a good place to start.

$150K?  Sheeeesh.  Give ANYONE 1/3 of that and they'll do it.  Hell give some people 10% of that $150K and they'll do it. 

I'm unfamiliar with the whole "Al Snow's terrible at behind the scenes stuff" aside from that awful Guest Booker DVD he did... so what has he done that makes him so terrible?

I know he comes off as bitter and angry in some of his shoots but that doesn't so much have anything to do with talent relations... well.. maybe...

Was it ever confirmed that TNA really was behind on payment to some of their talent?

Things like mass firings of low lvl/unused guys and letting key talents who you would like to keep contracts expire before reaching a new deal suck but aren't uncommon and necisarily on their own a sign of gloom & doom as even WWE does this stuff sometimes.

But yeah, not paying the guys you do think are important on time is always the first sign the ships sinking. 

Taeler Hendrix confirmed it. 

Yeah they'd be like:

@RespectDavey6977: Macho Man did Stephanie. #AskVince

@RespectDavey6977: Sorry. I mean. Macho Man did Stephanie, right? #AskVince

@RespectDavey6977: Plz Answer. The truth! #AskVince

• Like 6

The Spike average, last I heard, is .6. TNA doubles that on good nights with a 1.2. The only thing higher is Bar Rescue, which averages around 1.8.

What TNA is very important to Spike as, is anchor programming. Bellator did its best ratings with TNA as a lead-in.

• Like 1

This really needs to end with TNA dying, ROH getting the time slot, and immediately hiring Vince Russo. 

Bar rescue is a really entertaining show. I love how the people on shows like that and Restaurant Impossible never actually watched the show since the always make the same exact mistakes. 

Thumbs up on the "Sweaty and Hot" sig.

Strangley I think if Spike did buy TNA we'd see even more generically tatted up wrestlers and Bellator fighters then we do now.

I smell a Russian invasion of Frodo Khasbulaev, Andrey Koreshkov, Shahbulat Shamhalaev, and Alexander Shlemenko. I want to hear Tazz butcher those names.

• Like 2